The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Did Q2, 4, 8.

Q2: good :smile:
Q4: very bad :frown:
Q8: ok :confused:
Reply 61
question 2 i thought was okay although i was positive sz was going to cum up and had revised that the most i could believe it when i saw depression luckily enough i had evised depression.

question 4 i completely didnt see and started writting and answer on socially sensitive research which i really did knovery well n started getting really worried i cudnt write much,ended up writting about half a page on it until i realised that question 4 which seemed really small was about cultural bias which i really like. so i crossed out my previous answer and wrote it on cultural.

Approaches i completely bummed out on, i went completely blank and ran out ov time so hopefully my first two will have pulled it up for me a bit and i will get away with the last section lol
Reply 62
psychopath: yay! depression! i really wanted schizo to come up but im saw AQA can read students minds and tried to screw us all without being to obvious!

issues: cultural bias hooray no "non human" rubbish which would have totally scrwed my paper

approaches: did question 8, and i wen i started had 50mins so thought i'd cruise through it..suddenly the dude yells in his bizaare voice "5 minutes" and was like "god damn"!!!! but did ok. used biological and evoluntionary.
You din't have to refer to the quotation did you, as it said issues SUCH AS and not refer to the quotation. I just wrote about biochemistry and becks and evaluated them as I would in any depression essay. I made no reference to the quotation. Is this alrite? Im pretty sure all the books say that if it says SUCH AS then you can choose to ignorre it.
Reply 64
GodspeedGehenna
I think mine went really well, everything that I hoped came up.

The only bad thing is I had a massive nosebleed during the exam and my arms were covered in blood. I got some of it on the exam paper too and had to cross out what I had written and write it again. I kinda run out of time near the end because I was too busy mopping up blood.

THAANK YOUUUU SO SO SOO MUCHH! :biggrin: for your cultural bias essay..i had actually revised it, drilled itt in me word for word, and IT CAME UPP :biggrin: i was like :biggrin: :biggrin: and i saw the examiner looking at me probably thinking who gets that happy seeing an exam question..lol. Glad yours went well tooo. x

As for depression,think it went ok although i sat there for 5mins thinking what the hell, i cant relate it to the quotation n then realised i didnt have too n went straight into it butt lacked A02 i think..
Approaches question went well..overall me is happyy :biggrin: x x
Reply 65
Johnsmith61089
You din't have to refer to the quotation did you, as it said issues SUCH AS and not refer to the quotation. I just wrote about biochemistry and becks and evaluated them as I would in any depression essay. I made no reference to the quotation. Is this alrite? Im pretty sure all the books say that if it says SUCH AS then you can choose to ignorre it.

I pretty much ignored it, dont think you HAD to refer to it.
Preeti x
I pretty much ignored it, dont think you HAD to refer to it.

Chers. Piece of Mind!
Question 2 was HORRID. I really did know nothing about depression so kinda blagged my way through that essay, if you can call it an essay that is, it was more like 3 pages of random paragraphs that hopefully in some way related to depression.

Question 5 was ok, part A i did Milgram and the Race & IQ study. part B wasn't so good but still did ok on it.

Question 9 was the best one, i already had a prewritten answer for part B, C & D so just needed to write it out with the topic in it and managed to remember everything that i had written down. part A was a bit iffy but still most probably the question i got the most marks on =)
Preeti x
THAANK YOUUUU SO SO SOO MUCHH! :biggrin: for your cultural bias essay..i had actually revised it, drilled itt in me word for word, and IT CAME UPP :biggrin: i was like :biggrin: :biggrin: and i saw the examiner looking at me probably thinking who gets that happy seeing an exam question..lol. Glad yours went well tooo. x

lol. You're welcome :biggrin: I'm glad it came to some use!

PS. I had to sit my exam with a load of GCSE students. Ugh they were so annoying. About one hour in they had finished all of their exams and they all start kicking each others desks, squeaking their shoes on purpose, all that kind of crap.

Annoying.
Reply 69
did you have f.u.n ?
LowRider
did you have f.u.n ?

Lmao.

I did.

I had so much f.u.n. that I think I may have failed the exam.
Reply 71
GodspeedGehenna
lol. You're welcome :biggrin: I'm glad it came to some use!

PS. I had to sit my exam with a load of GCSE students. Ugh they were so annoying. About one hour in they had finished all of their exams and they all start kicking each others desks, squeaking their shoes on purpose, all that kind of crap.

Annoying.

Ughh thats bad, the room i was in was awful our desks might as well have been joined together! it was tinyy and about half hour into exam 1st year students had their break and there was a group hanging around outside and since the window was open we could hear EVERYTHING..totally wrecked my concentration and to make it all worse the man in the room with us fell ASLEEP i was right infront of him too, he must have been alseep for a good 10-15minutes :rolleyes:

Luckilyy i went through the essay about hour before exam had feelin itd come up, n when i saw i got xtra xtra happy it certainly was useful! it may even effect my final grade..well lets hopee so
Ohh your nose bleed, thats awful :frown: what timingg.. x
I was confused about the first question on depression. It said refer to the issues raised in the question so I thought it was refering to the culture, age and gender. I was confused so I was like screw that just do your normal biological essay. I forgot to mention that biological explanations are reductionist and that psychological explanations play a role =.= I did mention the diathesis stress model but didn't say explicitly that biological explanations are reductionist. Also, I spent 50 minutes as opposed to 40 minutes writing that question. I wrote about the genetics (with which I added the diathesis model against) then evolution then one biochemical i.e. serotonin.

Because I went over the time limit on the first question I kinda messed all my other questions up sort of. I paid the price at the last question as I didnt do parts c and d on question 8, I'm regretting it as well cause that question was really easy. I only wrote 3 extremely short evaluation points for the approach. So for question eight I've lost atleast 16 marks which is one grade.

For the free will question at first I just wrote ALL the arguments for and against free will and determinism then I went on to talk about the research e.g. Freud's theory of dream and Columbine killings. I'm not sure if two researches is enough...I could have wrote more had I not spent an extra ten minutes on the first question.

Oh well what's done is done. I tried my hardest throughout the past two years in the course so I'm proud.
I loved this paper!!! What came up was exactly what I wanted...biological therapies and culture bias!!

As for the approaches question...well, I did 8 as it looked easier and something I could relate to more: behavioural and psychodynamic.

Did people put for psychodynamic: sublimation of the life force and conflicts at the phallic stage? I couldn't really think of anything else, but I suppose if you justify it in some way it's OK, right??

Livs
Reply 74
Joel103
Thought it was bit of alrite. Did Depression, focused on Genetics and Neurochemical/Permissive Amine, diathesis stress, bashed out a good six sides on that but my hand sort of bombed out on me at the end and my handwriting went real bad. Then did culture bias and think that went pretty well, approaches wasn't too hot, can never time exams but approaches was real bad, part a+b were ok, c wasn't full sentences but not shocking, d was like 2 lines, but two good lines :smile:. I finished off with "sorry about the handwriting". Think I need an A for an A overall, not too sure, had all A's in AS, full marks on coursework, but a C on the january exam, anyone what that would very roughly make me need for the exam just gone, tars very much.

i got an A at As also, and 72 in my coursework which is on the brink of an A (so you got higher) and then i got a B on Pya4 and i need a C to get an A overall... an E to get a B.. so i'm sure that your isn't far off that- at worst you would need to get a B i reckon.
Reply 75
xdaawnx
i got an A at As also, and 72 in my coursework which is on the brink of an A (so you got higher) and then i got a B on Pya4 and i need a C to get an A overall... an E to get a B.. so i'm sure that your isn't far off that- at worst you would need to get a B i reckon.

Cheers for working it out, I cant get me head round all the ums stuff.
Reply 76
Depression was easy. Genetics for a few pages then a little psychodynamic and behavioural to balance it.
Thank god it was free will. Reductionism and I was going to be ****ed. Basically just countered arguments for free will.
Approaches was lol. Did superstition in behavioural and psychodynamic, pretty much messed this part up. Fun though.

8/10 overall would play again
ShaolinTemple
I was confused about the first question on depression. It said refer to the issues raised in the question so I thought it was refering to the culture, age and gender. I was confused so I was like screw that just do your normal biological essay. I forgot to mention that biological explanations are reductionist and that psychological explanations play a role =.= I did mention the diathesis stress model but didn't say explicitly that biological explanations are reductionist. Also, I spent 50 minutes as opposed to 40 minutes writing that question. I wrote about the genetics (with which I added the diathesis model against) then evolution then one biochemical i.e. serotonin.

Because I went over the time limit on the first question I kinda messed all my other questions up sort of. I paid the price at the last question as I didnt do parts c and d on question 8, I'm regretting it as well cause that question was really easy. I only wrote 3 extremely short evaluation points for the approach. So for question eight I've lost atleast 16 marks which is one grade.

For the free will question at first I just wrote ALL the arguments for and against free will and determinism then I went on to talk about the research e.g. Freud's theory of dream and Columbine killings. I'm not sure if two researches is enough...I could have wrote more had I not spent an extra ten minutes on the first question.

Oh well what's done is done. I tried my hardest throughout the past two years in the course so I'm proud.

I did the exact same thing. Too much time on psychopathology left me with not enough time for issues and approaches.

Was genuinely gutted coming out of that exam - completed effed it up.

But I've definitely got a B no matter what so thats a positive I guess...
Reply 78
You know the Depression question.... i did genetics, biochemical and then a bit of cognitive. is that enough? the main focuss of my essay was on biological explanations :s-smilie:? i thought that was okay..... any advice welcome :smile:
Reply 79
Hey guys, you know how it said synoptic on the section for depression. Lol I couldn't remember any studies so I used theories/explanations from AS and A2 such as SAD and melatonin etc... I also mentioned hormones, behavioural etc.. but not many specific studies, do you think that's okay?

Latest

Trending

Trending