The Student Room Group

Public Relations dilemma.

So, here's my predictions:

English Language - A
Psychology - A
Drama and Theatre Studies - A
English Literature - C :rolleyes:
General Studies - B

Before this, I was considering doing Law at Universities and obviously I had the oppertunity to apply for Russell Group Universities.

However, after doing more research and thinking, discussions with various people in both professions. (Uncle is a solicitor - Cousin is in PR) I have changed my mind and therefore feel as if I would like to go into Public Relations.

Here's the dilemma, there seems to be no, so to speak, 'prestigious' universities that have this course. My better options are ex-polys of UCLAN and Bournmouth University, which are relatively low in recent table rankings.
Therefore not having much of a reputation.

So, this seems quite a risky move if I decide halfway through the PR degree that this career is not for me, because I will not only have such a narrow degree that cannot really be generalised to much else other than say, marketing or a media analyst, but from a University with a lesser of a reputation, especially when I could have grades that potentially could get me into the Russells.

So what are your opinions on this? What would you do in my situation?
Reply 1
Getting into public relations has absolutely nothing to do with doing a degree in it. Do a degree in something you are comfortable with be it law or anything else, and worry about it afterwards.
Reply 2
I agree with Ice_Cube. Do a degree in something your interested in and at a 'good' university. This will keep your options open. Afterwards you can still choose to do law if you wish to (with the GDL then LPC) or PR.
Reply 3
you should do which course you want to do, not what you feel you should do, it is your life. universities that offer PR, which can be taken as a joint or single that I've looked into (wanting to take PR and Marketing at UCLAN) are huddersfield, Leeds Met, Manchester Met and Gloucestershire

Latest

Trending

Trending