The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hate that too!! My teachers aren't too bad really because they have been in the same situation and they know what's it like, but my Mum and family are always like "Will you stop worrying you will be fine, I know you have done it" it just makes you feel even worse because you think how bad it would be to have to come home on results day and say you didn't make it and disappoint everyone.
EducatingBrogan
That's scary, when I was taken out of class it was always with my friend. We felt exactly the same, were both stressed by Uni and grades and both sick of having to grow up.
She's a workaholic though, whereas I'm the sort to want results while sitting around doing nothing.
We're not as close now as we were then but she means a lot to me and I hope once exams die down and stress levels subcede (sp?) everything will be good again.
It was awkward though, because she always planned to apply to Oxford whereas the thought never even crossed my mind. I went to an Oxbrdige presentation talk in Trefforest just as "moral support" for her and for a day out, I was never considered Oxford material.
Then for some reason I ended up applying. While she worked and worked for her entrance exam, I sat back, assuming I'd never get in anyway. We both got to interview. Then she was rejected.
It was SO difficult :frown:

What did your friend apply for?
Reply 82
History and English.
Reply 83
In St Johns College.
Reply 84
EducatingBrogan
That's scary, when I was taken out of class it was always with my friend. We felt exactly the same, were both stressed by Uni and grades and both sick of having to grow up.
She's a workaholic though, whereas I'm the sort to want results while sitting around doing nothing.
We're not as close now as we were then but she means a lot to me and I hope once exams die down and stress levels subcede (sp?) everything will be good again.
It was awkward though, because she always planned to apply to Oxford whereas the thought never even crossed my mind. I went to an Oxbrdige presentation talk in Trefforest just as "moral support" for her and for a day out, I was never considered Oxford material.
Then for some reason I ended up applying. While she worked and worked for her entrance exam, I sat back, assuming I'd never get in anyway. We both got to interview. Then she was rejected.
It was SO difficult :frown:

Wow, that does sound difficult, I wouldn't know how to handle that at all. My best friend got into the same university as I did, which is great (and strange as we never plannned for it to happen, and both ended up accepting the same university offer!)
lol I totally sympathise with you. Every time my parents say they don't expect me to get straight As and that they won't be disappointed if I don't a little part inside me dies because I know they will be really disappointed.

With teachers though I'm the opposite. None of them think I'm going to make it. :p:
Yawn-er
Yup...

Got 100% in my january English Literature paper, and now, all of a sudden, everyone expects me to do well in everything else. The morning before another english exam, I had the headteacher going: "Oh, you're going to do it again then? Go for it. You'll do just fine."

Ended up not even finishing the essay. ._.

I get that too!! I got 100% in Sociology last year and in January all my friends were like "Did you do ok in Psychology? Did you pass Biology? Did you get FULL MARKS in Sociology?" I'm like "O...is that just the expected standard now?"
And because all the Sociology teachers are like "Aww our little full marks girl, you will get 600/600 in August" I'm like "Nooo, I really hashed up my crime and deviance exam...it's just NOT happening"
Reply 87
Yep, for me the 6 marks lost out of 300 at AS Level, followed by a module in which I was two marks above a D, went down roaringly in my English department.

Sucks, doesn't it? :frown:
Doesn't it really upset everyone when they have to write down their predicted grades and its like AAAAA and your thinking it should be more like ACCCC
Reply 89
MathsStudent
Doesn't it really upset everyone when they have to write down their predicted grades and its like AAAAA and your thinking it should be more like ACCCC

I've never had anyone "predict" grades so I never really understand that. One thing I do hate is when I say I had AAABC at AS Level and people go "ohh well you've already got three As then"

I mean... it does NOT work like that :frown: one of them is literally about 2 marks over the boundary...
Reply 90
EducatingBrogan
I've never had anyone "predict" grades so I never really understand that. One thing I do hate is when I say I had AAABC at AS Level and people go "ohh well you've already got three As then"

I mean... it does NOT work like that :frown: one of them is literally about 2 marks over the boundary...

We have our predicted grades in every report we get home from the school, so when my parents see AAA written on it, they seem to take it as confirmation that I am getting those grades.

Latest