The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bong-Bong
And on we go with our day :tea:.

Reminds me of the international response Hamas's rockets got in the months and years prior to operation cast lead. Total indifference.

It takes an air raid and thousands of dead people until somebody wakes up. But then it's too late.
Reply 7601
borismor
Would you say the same if a bunch of Jews settlers created a similar provocation?

Of course not - you'd put full responsibility on the Israeli government...

You assume that just because I'm Iranian I hate all Jews right?
I would blame the Jews that caused the provocation in the first place, just as I blame the Jewish Settlers for settling in Palestinian territory...:rolleyes:
bigmo7
You assume that just because I'm Iranian I hate all Jews right?

No I'm just judging based on the common reactions I see from people.

They usually put the blame on Israel's government (and rightfully so I think, it is a sovereign state and should act like one).
bigmo7
Dunno, and neither did the Israeli army...but taking pot shots at schools isn't a good idea either way...
According to this video by the IDF they did know that Hamas was using the schools http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHhs9ihSmbU
and this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN9WzUc7iB0
and this article (published before the war on Gaza)
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=15634
and another article
http://www.israelpolitik.org/2009/01/06/casualties-at-unrwa-school/
even the BBC think they do
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7815630.stm
in fact I've even heard that Hamas stands for "Hides among mosques and schools"

anyway if you want more proof use Google
Reply 7604
borismor
Reminds me of the international response Hamas's rockets got in the months and years prior to operation cast lead. Total indifference.

It takes an air raid and thousands of dead people until somebody wakes up. But then it's too late.

Shame most of them had to be civilians, even with the most sophisticated weaponry in the world you just seem to miss...
Reply 7605
The only difference this time is there's no tank controlled by some gormless retarded, long-nosed, open-mouthed, scrawny israeli soldier waiting to murder 10 more palestinian children.
bigmo7
Shame most of them had to be civilians, even with the most sophisticated weaponry in the world you just seem to miss...

Nah, we didn't miss. It's just that the target was hiding behind uninvolved civilians.
RezM
The only difference this time is there's no tank controlled by some gormless retarded, long-nosed, open-mouthed, scrawny israeli soldier waiting to murder 10 more palestinian children.

Of course there is a tank. It just didn't fire because unlike your antisemitic lies, IDF soldiers don't want to kill children and unarmed people.

Sorry - you won't get the pleasure of seeing innocents dying this time.
Reply 7608
RezM

:rofl2:

borismor
Nah, we didn't miss. It's just that the target was hiding behind uninvolved civilians.

Yeah maybe this was the case but that doesn't excuse the fact that the IDF killed so many, the occupying force is responsible for these deaths...
borismor
Of course there is a tank. It just didn't fire because unlike your antisemitic lies, IDF soldiers don't want to kill children and unarmed people.

You're right. They're just folllowing orders. Just like Nazi soldiers at death camps...
bigmo7
:rofl2:

Yeah maybe this was the case but that doesn't excuse the fact that the IDF killed so many, the occupying force is responsible for these deaths...

I see - they should let the enemy fire rockets while hiding behind civilians and kill their family instead.

Right.
SOAD_MONGOOSE
You're right. They're just folllowing orders. Just like Nazi soldiers at death camps...

Fail.

IDF soldiers don't get orders to kill civilians.

"freedom fighters" on the other hand...
Reply 7612
borismor

And yet there were so many accounts of soldiers killing innocent civilians including children...

borismor
I see - they should let the enemy fire rockets while hiding behind civilians and kill their family instead.

Right.

How many deaths have there been in total due to these rockets?
bigmo7
And yet there were so many accounts of soldiers killing innocent civilians including children...

This.
borismor
Fail.

IDF soldiers don't get orders to kill civilians.

"freedom fighters" on the other hand...

They're following orders which ultimately kill innocent children. Whether or not they're following orders to directly or indirectly kill civilians is irrelevant.
SOAD_MONGOOSE
They're following orders which ultimately kill innocent children. Whether or not they're following orders to directly or indirectly kill civilians is irrelevant.

Of course it is relevant. You must not forget that these soldiers have families which are terrorized by rockets and suicide bombers, hence they see it as a measure of self defense, which it is.

If you put them in a situation where they have to choose - they are going to choose to protect their families.

The blame is on whoever forced civilians to get involved against their will.
bigmo7

Which only shows the extent of Hamas's cowardice and exploitation of civilians as human shields.

I really don't care, this is not a competition. One is too much.

Rather you should ask - how many deaths could there be if Israel didn't set up shelters?
I just wish some of these pro-palestinians could just stfu. So many of them just talk out of their backsides and undermine the Palestinian cause on these forums.
Reply 7618
SOAD_MONGOOSE
You mean the hundreds of Palestinian children killed in their schools by Israelis?

It is indeed unfortunate that Hamas fires at our population centres... from its own population centres. In such a scenario, even the most carefull military response will create civilian casualties. But had we aimed for civilians for the sake of killing civilians, like Hamas does, tens of thousands would be killed.
Reply 7619
bigmo7

When you are fighting in the most dense Urban environment on earth, and your enemy uses its own population and population centres as human shields, civilian casualties are inevitable. Infact, you would have a hard time finding even one urban battle where more militants were killed than civilians. The IDF did what it could to minimize civilian casualties, and was mildly more succesfull than the US/UK in Afghanistan and Iraq (far more militants were killed as a percent of the total casualties).

Latest

Trending

Trending