The Student Room Group

The Israeli/Palestinian Conflict Thread

This poll is closed

Was Israels use of White phosphorus in Gaza justified?

Yes37%
No60%
Not sure2%
Total votes: 43
If you were Palestinian how would you react to your situation?

Obviously you have very little opportunity to live any sort of decent standard of living or to get an education.

You have a few choice's try and emigrate, which would be incredibly difficult. However it is possible.

You could just try and survive in the crowded west bank or gaza strip where food shortages and energy shortages are rife and there is no education, the health care is terrible, your house may get knocked down and ofcourse you might get killed by Israel aggresion.

Then you could fight against Israel, this could be in many different ways. However the reality of the situation is that you have very few weapons and face an impossible task of fighting against a very well equiped army who will show you no mercy. If you throw a stone at them they will shoot at you with rifles.

So how would you respond to this situation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe think how lucky I am that Im not living in Darfur.

Im waiting for PeeWeeDan to stroll by here, gonna be a good one.

Ill start off.

60 years of Israel bull****.
Reply 2
I'd bow for our new overlords.
Reply 3
Granted, the things you mentioned in your post are relevant, but, it isn't as simple as that in Palestine. It's much more complicated than that. Check out some of the BBC links & U.S news stations links, & maybe Jews Against Zionism.
Reply 4
People say I overplay this. There are already way too many topics on this subject right now(this coming from me!).

I would chose to support the group which would be more likely to grant me statehood. Remember in 2001 the Palestinian leadership declined an offer where they were to recieve 94-96% of the West Bank(4-6% was kept for security reasons and reimbursed by 1-3% of Sovereign Israel), all of the Gaza strip, authority over East Jerusalem, including holy sites, and $30 Billion, which they rejected and rebelled during the Al-Aqsa Intifada in response without giving a counter offer. The plight of the Palestinians is painful, but in the end it is entirely theirs, and the Arab worlds fault. Any fault lying with Israel has been erased many times over by our attempts to grant the Palestinians statehood. If the Palestinians put down their guns there would be peace, if we put down our guns there would be genocide.
Reply 5
Well Abbas and Co (like Arafat) they've not really done anything, apart from get his wife to live in Paris away from Gaza etc.

Those that are able to should move the country forward, instead of the only focu being Gaza and Isreal.
Reply 6
PeeWeeDan
People say I overplay this. There are already way too many topics on this subject right now(this coming from me!).

I would chose to support the group which would be more likely to grant me statehood. Remember in 2001 the Palestinian leadership declined an offer where they were to recieve 94-96% of the West Bank(4-6% was kept for security reasons and reimbursed by 1-3% of Sovereign Israel), all of the Gaza strip, authority over East Jerusalem, including holy sites, and $30 Billion, which they rejected and rebelled during the Al-Aqsa Intifada in response without giving a counter offer. The plight of the Palestinians is painful, but in the end it is entirely theirs, and the Arab worlds fault. Any fault lying with Israel has been erased many times over by our attempts to grant the Palestinians statehood. If the Palestinians put down their guns there would be peace, if we put down our guns there would be genocide.

I agree.
Reply 7
PeeWeeDan

^^ this.
try very hard to

a) get the hell out of there, or if that fails,

b) attempt to live a normal life while avoiding being reactionary and aggressive to the israeli military, because that will get you nowhere. and draw some slim comfort from the fact that most israelis, believe it or not, don't actually hate you. and also avoid all the palestinian sectarian strife.
Reply 9
OK well peeweedan, the reality of the situation is that Hamas are the most popular party in Palestine and so your vote would count for nothing and your suffering would continue in the Palestinian ghetto's.

Why does the Arab world have responsibility for the Palestibnians their suferring is a jewish creation, but arab states should have to take the economic impact to fix this problem.

Jews have lived in the arab world without genocide.... it was the Europeans who committed the Jewish genocide not arabs. I think you are over playing the 'we have to be ruthless murderers or we will be the victim of another genocide' card
Caspian do you know why there is no refugee problem for the 850,000 Jews expelled from the Arab world in 1947? Do you know why there is no refugee problem for the 1,000,000 Germans expelled from Prussia in 1945? It's because they had states to take them in. The Arab world has shown nothing but scorn to the Palestinian people. In most Arab countries, anyone who classes themselves as Palestinian or resides in the occupied territories are automatically rejected citizenship.

The Arab world wanted the Palestinian refugee crisis because it is a good weapon in an ideological war against Israel.

Jews have lived in the arab world without genocide.... it was the Europeans who committed the Jewish genocide not arabs. I think you are over playing the 'we have to be ruthless murderers or we will be the victim of another genocide' card

Not particularly seeing how it is negative but several Arab leaders during the several Israel-Arab wars have expressly said they would push the Jews into the sea if they won. Actually there was a good(and posted at an opportune time) article about the worlds of a Hamas minister a few days on the Jerusalem post today. Check it out.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1210668634777&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Zahar: 'We will persecute the Zionists'

""After we defeat the Zionists we will persecute them… we will persecute them to eternity, and the sun of the freedom and independence of the Palestinians will burn all of the Zionists,""

So pretty much contradicts your point doesn't it?
Reply 11
Caspiantiger

It's absolutely ludicrous to think that the Palestinians wouldnt commit genoicide against Israel. YOU yourself just said Hamas was the leading party, and Hamas clearly loves Israel right?
Reply 12
Peeweedan you are ignoring the issue here. The only action you could suggest is voting for a fictional party that doesn't exist, i want a real response to what you would do if you were a plestinian.

Arab countries have economic problems, accepting huge numbers of immigrants would further hurt their economies. The Palestinian refugees was a problem created by zionists and should be a problem solved by them.

You can't blame the arab world for your mess.
Reply 13
Personally, seeing as so many arab countries exist, they should make the palis go to those countries. Jews have only one country, if they had tons like the arabs/muslims, then they have a right to object!
Reply 14
Folderol
It's absolutely ludicrous to think that the Palestinians wouldnt commit genoicide against Israel. YOU yourself just said Hamas was the leading party, and Hamas clearly loves Israel right?

It is hard to commit genocide with stones.... i guess they could stone the whole Israeli population. get real, no genocide will happen against Israeli jews, this is a joke.
Reply 15
GOD
Personally, seeing as so many arab countries exist, they should make the palis go to those countries. Jews have only one country, if they had tons like the arabs/muslims, then they have a right to object!

I'm pro-Israeli but i dont think thats a good argument. It's nothing to do with a Jewish state. In that case, something could such as Flying Spaghetti Monsters could have a state witch a significant majority.
Reply 16
GOD

Loads of white countries exist, so we should disband England and move in the Kurdish people who have no state, the white english people can move to another white person state because there are loads of them.

Exact same situation.
Reply 17
Caspiantiger
It is hard to commit genocide with stones.... i guess they could stone the whole Israeli population. get real, no genocide will happen against Israeli jews, this is a joke.

Because Hamas dont have guns? Because they dont have bombs? Are you feeling okay!? It may not be "one quick" atomic bomb but it would happen.
Caspiantiger
If you were Palestinian how would you react to your situation?

Obviously you have very little opportunity to live any sort of decent standard of living or to get an education.

You have a few choice's try and emigrate, which would be incredibly difficult. However it is possible.

You could just try and survive in the crowded west bank or gaza strip where food shortages and energy shortages are rife and there is no education, the health care is terrible, your house may get knocked down and ofcourse you might get killed by Israel aggresion.

Then you could fight against Israel, this could be in many different ways. However the reality of the situation is that you have very few weapons and face an impossible task of fighting against a very well equiped army who will show you no mercy. If you throw a stone at them they will shoot at you with rifles.

So how would you respond to this situation.

I think I'd just try and get on with life and do my best to make a living for myself and family. Throwing stones at tanks isn't much of a way forward.
Reply 19
Folderol
I'm pro-Israeli but i dont think thats a good argument. It's nothing to do with a Jewish state. In that case, something could such as Flying Spaghetti Monsters could have a state witch a significant majority.

Well, the 'peace' offers have gone nowhere. Arafat acheived dick ****. Abaas, well. Hamas, all they know is to bandish weapons.

Palis should work with what they have, and Gaza will sort it self out. Thye spend far too much time on throwing stones and 'educating' kids on how to hate and kill isrealis. Waste of time. If you want to better yourself, well get off your arse and stop making out it's all the troubles of the past and present.

Latest

Trending

Trending