The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Synoptic question was tough I thought
Reply 2
didnt get much of the synoptic...

the height of the water was sooo doable, i forgot to obtain the volume per second, to get mgh and thus height...

i didnt get the thing abt the gold metal and aluminium though?
Reply 3
I didn't get the hieght thing but most of everything else.
The metal thing was specific heat capacity I think.
i didnt get th height, i recon i could have done it, i just ran out of time :-(
Reply 5
The metal first bit with aluminium etc was just denisities etc and using the heater to heat the water was shc. Synoptic part was probably the hardest part. Rest was ok, probably lost marks due to stupid mistakes..
what did u get 4 th effiecny in th synoptic?
Reply 7
Got something like 7.7%
Reply 8
I got around that..
Reply 9
I also got 1.18m for the height of the water. I found the paper easy overall, especially since most of the questions where the type where they give you the answer and you just have to prove it.
yea i got 7 sumfin %, i didnt think tht looked rite tho as its reealy low, im rele annoyed i didnt do th height question, when u need an A in physics tht was a stupid mistake! u no the long question when it asked u to tlk about th three forces in th nucleus, they wher referin to strong, electrostatic and gravitational right?! not the weak force?
Reply 11
the paper was pretty standard i thought nothing out of the ordinary
didnt finish... got onto the synoptic question with 5 minutes to spair and managed to answer the easy looking questions, didnt waste my precious time on the water pump one, i barely had time to read what it was all about! :\ i always seem to run out of time.... didnt finish bits in others aswell, was hopeing to come back to them, but couldnt cause of time :frown:
Reply 13
I'm with Rufus; nowhere near enough time for that paper!

Oh, and the surface area of a sphere equation is NOT on the syllabus.

***** you, OCR. Your qualifications are for-the-most-part meaningless and I will be damned if I don't get into uni because of your sheer incompetence.

This country is going to crash and burn in the next 10/15 years.
It really needs people like me, but the system doesn't make things simple...
Reply 14
i'm with everyone on the time thing...
i panicked to 'cos i only had a few minutes to do the last question, i confused milliamps with microamps, and i was bamboozled as to why my answers were ridiculously small!

Latest