The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
I think the new online tests are ridiculous now. I've been a Shift Manager at maccies for 5 years now part time while at 6th form and uni and worked at 3 different stores. I have worked in a supervisory position elsewhere aswell.

During the summer I had a full time job in London, but wanted to get a part time job on top as the summer was merely a money grabbing exercise. So i thought about applying at McDonalds as crew member to work evenings during the week. I could have transfered as a manager if I wanted to, but i just wanted to go in and do scheduled shifts and have no responsibilities and even if they didnt intend to...they still would have been phoning me to do overtime and stuff and i couldnt be bothered with that. Anyway, I applied and gave a few other work experiences ommiting McDonalds.........and i got REJECTED! I was gobsmacked, how ironic ey!
Got my induction tomorrow.
Reply 2042
God help you :smile:

McDonalds is horrible. The managers are all pervy 30 going on 3 idiots, the work is mundane and repetitive, it stinks, the floors are slippy, you find yourself spending half your wages on gross food because you get so hungry waiting for your break.

But earning money is SO good.
Hello, few vacancies in Maccy Ds with me but they all say full time hours? How many hours are the full time hours? Thanks :smile:
McDonalds keep rejecting me too without an interview, thats really boosting my confidence. :frown:
LewJB
God help you :smile:

McDonalds is horrible. The managers are all pervy 30 going on 3 idiots, the work is mundane and repetitive, it stinks, the floors are slippy, you find yourself spending half your wages on gross food because you get so hungry waiting for your break.

But earning money is SO good.

Bit of a generalisation. It sounds like you had a pretty awful store.
Poison_Girl
Hello, few vacancies in Maccy Ds with me but they all say full time hours? How many hours are the full time hours? Thanks :smile:

Guessing it's a standard working week? Like, 37 hours, or something?

@Work: I genuinely cannot wait to get another job-- the people at my work can be so annoying :sigh: . The other day, for instance, I was on front and put through a chicken-side grill. It wasn't made properly, so I asked them to go remake it, but the guy just said no and told me to do it myself :mad: .
i work at maccies part time and the minimum wage is really starting to piss me off. a couple of my mates work the same hours as me and get paid almost a third more than i do.

you'd think that for a succesful company like mcdonalds they would be able to pay their staff slightly higher wages.

btw im 21 and on £4.87!!! WTF
Reply 2048
If I worked on the 28th of Feb, I should have been paid for that the Thursday that just passed, right? Cause I got my payslip for the last pay period yesterday and I've not been paid for all the hours I worked over the 2 weeks. It's missed out a 6 hour shift somewhere. Which was either the 28th Feb or last Saturday. And I don't usually work Sundays either, that's like the 2nd Sunday I've worked over the 2 years I've worked and that was after swapping wanted me to do his shift. I dunno, I'm gonna speak to a manager about it today but it's a bit weird that it seems like it's exactly one shift that I've not been payed for and maybe I've just got the dates for the pay period wrong or something.. :s-smilie: But I dunno how the pay system works so I don't know whether it's cause I don't usually work Sundays and that shift wasn't even mine in the first place but I dunno..
Reply 2049
matt bass
Bit of a generalisation. It sounds like you had a pretty awful store.

I was in a similar boat...

Regarding those who got rejected, I think it's cause they don't want to employ "over-qualified" people perhaps?
Ronda
If I worked on the 28th of Feb, I should have been paid for that the Thursday that just passed, right? Cause I got my payslip for the last pay period yesterday and I've not been paid for all the hours I worked over the 2 weeks. It's missed out a 6 hour shift somewhere. Which was either the 28th Feb or last Saturday. And I don't usually work Sundays either, that's like the 2nd Sunday I've worked over the 2 years I've worked and that was after swapping wanted me to do his shift. I dunno, I'm gonna speak to a manager about it today but it's a bit weird that it seems like it's exactly one shift that I've not been payed for and maybe I've just got the dates for the pay period wrong or something.. :s-smilie: But I dunno how the pay system works so I don't know whether it's cause I don't usually work Sundays and that shift wasn't even mine in the first place but I dunno..

The cut off point for pay is Saturday at midnight. If you work a Sunday it will not be paid for until the next pay day.
i've just applied online, how long do they generally take to get back to you?
Reply 2052
Depends on the restaurant.. up to 2 weeks is the usual time.
Reply 2053
matt bass
The cut off point for pay is Saturday at midnight. If you work a Sunday it will not be paid for until the next pay day.

Yeah, I know that :p: I mean, I worked 28th Feb, 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th and have only been paid 23 hours for that when I'm sure it should be around 28 hours. Which means I've not been paid for a 6 hour shift I've done which I did on the 28th of Feb and 13th March. And I was thinking it might of been the 28th Feb because I don't usually work Sundays and it wasn't my shift originally either, but surely if I'd clocked in and out correctly, which I did, it wouldn't matter :s-smilie:

I probably should have made that more clear in my first post, but I think I'm going to ring in the next time my boss is in and ask her anyways.
Reply 2054
Hi I need some help! I had my McDonald's interview on Sunday 14th March and was told I would get a reply within 1 week.. however its been over 1 week now and I still haven't got a reply.. does this mean I don't have the job? Or are they just really slow at replying? thanks
jackizme
Hi I need some help! I had my McDonald's interview on Sunday 14th March and was told I would get a reply within 1 week.. however its been over 1 week now and I still haven't got a reply.. does this mean I don't have the job? Or are they just really slow at replying? thanks

They didn't even phone me, I had to phone up to see if I got the job. Apparently one of the managers "forgot" to phone me.
Just phone up and ask, they'll be fine about it.
Reply 2056
Ronda
Yeah, I know that :p: I mean, I worked 28th Feb, 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th and have only been paid 23 hours for that when I'm sure it should be around 28 hours. Which means I've not been paid for a 6 hour shift I've done which I did on the 28th of Feb and 13th March. And I was thinking it might of been the 28th Feb because I don't usually work Sundays and it wasn't my shift originally either, but surely if I'd clocked in and out correctly, which I did, it wouldn't matter :s-smilie:

I probably should have made that more clear in my first post, but I think I'm going to ring in the next time my boss is in and ask her anyways.

You are not including your lunch break into the amount of hours you worked right?
Reply 2057
Timmaah
You are not including your lunch break into the amount of hours you worked right?

Nope. And even then, it would've only came to 3 hours, not 6 :s-smilie:
Reply 2058
Definitely bring it up with the manager.
If you get and OJ something (can't remember what it's called) basically an interview for the job...is is pretty much guaranteed that you'll get the job or do you have to jump through hoops? Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending