The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4400
Original post by schkempo
I was given a verbal warning for taking an extra cheeseburger on my break, even though I took it into the crew room with the rest of my food and went to get money for it, but before I could take the money out and tell the shift manager I was called in to the office and given the warning, even though I told them that it was in my intentions to pay for it and I was just getting the money from the crew room, and I did indeed pay for it as soon as I got out the office. Could someone please advise me on whether they think there is any grounds for an appeal?

No grounds for appeal, if you want to pay for food then after you pay you get the food, just like any customer. The only time you can take it is if a manager approves (e.g. if its the end of breakfast and there wont be any left by the time you are back)
Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt
Good luck, I hope you get it! :biggrin: and thank you :smile:

I got the job :biggrin: I'm so excited :biggrin:
Original post by brandy016
I got the job :biggrin: I'm so excited :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin: Haha, isn't it grand? What branch will you be working at? :smile:
Cruel or what, placing me at the fries station for 6 hours for two consecutive days, when I am just a new female trainee
Ok McTime being weird again. No shifts for 2 weeks then I've got them for 15th and 27th Aug. There's also a little 1 next to 22nd and when I open it up it tells the work shift, suggested break, estimated pay and book. Is this like an extra shift or something I can do? Confused cuz I've never seen that before..
Reply 4405
Original post by APonderingMind
Cruel or what, placing me at the fries station for 6 hours for two consecutive days, when I am just a new female trainee

We have (at least) 3 people who only do fries and nothing else. Used to be 4 but one left.
Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Ok McTime being weird again. No shifts for 2 weeks then I've got them for 15th and 27th Aug. There's also a little 1 next to 22nd and when I open it up it tells the work shift, suggested break, estimated pay and book. Is this like an extra shift or something I can do? Confused cuz I've never seen that before..

I think it means that they need someone to do that shift so you can apply to do it, there should be a little option somewhere on that page.

Our McDonald's posts them quite randomly but frequently.
just read through this suggested link above..

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeo...work/DG_174530

wow. They've like broke every rule that's set :')
Reply 4408
Original post by Consilio Et Animis

Just ignore that. It means they haven't finished the schedule. If you book it and turn up they will most likely send you home.
Original post by fwed1
We have (at least) 3 people who only do fries and nothing else. Used to be 4 but one left.

Yeah. The guys training me told me not to do well, or else I'll be stuck there forever.
Original post by TwoDot
Just ignore that. It means they haven't finished the schedule. If you book it and turn up they will most likely send you home.

In our store they get people to book it and then ring you up if they decide they want you to do it/ or give it to someone else who applied.
Reply 4411
:eek: I've been scheduled a shift next weekend even though I applied for time off through McTime AGES ago and have an email saying my time off has been granted (although it never showed up on the requests page in McTime).

What do i do?plus this is the first time that they did the shifts for next week already.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Torrchy
:eek: I've been scheduled a shift next weekend even though I applied for time off through McTime AGES ago and have an email saying my time off has been granted (although it never showed up on the requests page in McTime).

What do i do?plus this is the first time that they did the shifts for next week already.

Just tell them that you need it off and you requested it, they'll sort something out :smile:
Hi, I have a question. My store manager in McD did not let me go back to the store after I left before...will she allow me to go back now, 6 months later?
I worked in a McD resturant, (a) and I left but i put pressure on the manager to transfer me to anoter store. i left cos she put me as a cleaner but she said after 2 weeks she would put me on till. i left to a different store (b) which gave me the chance to work on till straigtaway. but work conditions were really bad so i came back to my old store (a) and begged the manager to take me back. she didnt let me. cos she said i put pressure on her last time, to transfer me to store (b).

Actually i was scared if the other store vacancy went away, and if she just kept me as cleaner, cos she wasnt keen to put me on till she said 'she will see'.So instead of letting me to her store (a) she refered me to a sister store (c) which is part of teh same franchise as hers. I have been there for 6 months, but my frends at that store (a) including a shift manager want me back. The shift manager will ask her for me if i could work there again. Do you think she will say yes this time? has she forgotton what happened before? Im already signed onto the franchise so she wont need to re hire. i REALLY wanna still go back cos people are SO nice there. The other stores people and environment are not very lively.

i could split shifts between two stores..? will she let me this time?

Please give me your opinion. I am very hardworking and I have tons of retail experience now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Torrchy

It may be different for you but I know that if I book off a shift and get it approved with the email through McTime my manager literally can't schedule me - it won't let her because my time off is logged on the system. My guess is that, because your request didn't go through on McTime even though you got an email saying it was ok to have time off, your manager forgot and scheduled you - which mega sucks!

You have 2 options: go and tell the manager what's happened and hope they're nice enough to let you have it off anyway OR try and get your shift covered (better option, I would try this first as it saves them a lot of hassle and then use the above as a last resort) make sure you ask as many people as possible - but try and stick to those who are as trained in the same areas as you - so don't go getting a kitchen guy to cover a shift when you know you'll be on till!

I hope you can get it sorted :smile:
Original post by Free_spirit92
As an 18 year old who has been employed with McDonald's for two years, I completley empathise with the unethical and perhaps unlawful situations presented. Often, I would have to stay past midnight whilst under 18, despite this being illegal, and have suffered vile verbal abuse from managers - most students as myself stay there simply because we need the money, make a stand and point out legalities. I did, and I gained far greater respect for no longer allowing myself to be used!

Hey, I see you live in Blackpool! If you don't mind me asking which branch do you work at? :smile:
Reply 4416
Original post by jennieec
It may be different for you but I know that if I book off a shift and get it approved with the email through McTime my manager literally can't schedule me - it won't let her because my time off is logged on the system. My guess is that, because your request didn't go through on McTime even though you got an email saying it was ok to have time off, your manager forgot and scheduled you - which mega sucks!

You have 2 options: go and tell the manager what's happened and hope they're nice enough to let you have it off anyway OR try and get your shift covered (better option, I would try this first as it saves them a lot of hassle and then use the above as a last resort) make sure you ask as many people as possible - but try and stick to those who are as trained in the same areas as you - so don't go getting a kitchen guy to cover a shift when you know you'll be on till!

I hope you can get it sorted :smile:

the weird thing is when I booked last monday off, i sent the request through mctime and told him in person, but never got the email that it was granted. but i was off though. I

I do have a very nice manager so hopefully it'll be ok. I just really can't work cause for the first time in a year I'm flying back home for a week and can't go in any other week and already bought my ticket and everything. :frown:
I'll ask tomorrow, hopefully it'll be alright.
Original post by Torrchy
the weird thing is when I booked last monday off, i sent the request through mctime and told him in person, but never got the email that it was granted. but i was off though. I

I do have a very nice manager so hopefully it'll be ok. I just really can't work cause for the first time in a year I'm flying back home for a week and can't go in any other week and already bought my ticket and everything. :frown:
I'll ask tomorrow, hopefully it'll be alright.

Probably because your manager remembered haha!

And if it's something as serious as a plane flight they've GOT to let you go! Don't worry about it, even a nasty manager would admit they'd made a mistake in scheduling you!
Reply 4418
I was on bop for the first time today :biggrin:

Was pretty fun, for some reason I prefer it to grills.

Quite chuffed that I finally seem to be getting trained on other things at work (probably due to a fair amount of staff leaving within the next month) :tongue:
Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt
Congratulations! :biggrin: Haha, isn't it grand? What branch will you be working at? :smile:

the one in derby :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending