The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5820
good luck for thos with an interview/waiting on an interview
in the meantime just keep singing: "mcdees mcdees, mcdee dee dee"
Reply 5821
Ahhh something must be wrong with my McDonalds application. I keep on getting straight rejections even though I worked at one of the busiest McDs in London before for 6 months :/
Had an interview today, 1 hour after I got an email that I wasn't selected, but it was for a different position, but possibly at the same store (although the name of the place was different but there is no McDs at that place). Yesterday I got an email that I wasn't selected for the position I had an interview today. It seemed to go really well except for the fact I can't attend tomorrows training cause I have lectures.
I am so confused ;(
Reply 5822
Original post by Torrchy
Ahhh something must be wrong with my McDonalds application. I keep on getting straight rejections even though I worked at one of the busiest McDs in London before for 6 months :/

Had an interview today, 1 hour after I got an email that I wasn't selected, but it was for a different position, but possibly at the same store (although the name of the place was different but there is no McDs at that place). Yesterday I got an email that I wasn't selected for the position I had an interview today. It seemed to go really well except for the fact I can't attend tomorrows training cause I have lectures. I am so confused ;(

First of all, you're not the only one to have received numerous rejections. At first, I applied for more than one store and was finally recruited after carrying out several rectifications to my application. They'll only invite you in for an interview if you obtain a certain percentage on the assessment part of the application which is the last bit where they give you 20 - 30 questions. I strongly advise you to thoroughly read the questions. Feel free to send me a message if you're not too sure.

Presumably, you received that reply from other stores you applied for. There's no way they'd reply to you that quick If that was the case, then they'd tell you the outcome on the spot; I don't see why they'd waste their time sending you an email informing you that you haven't made it onto the next stage of the process.

I strongly suggest you give them a call tomorrow, or visit them in person if you're not busy if I was in the situation, I'd go to the store and personally speak to the BM as it indicates that you're very eager to get the job which is a good thing. Which store in London did you work in if you don't mind me asking? Reason I'm asking is because I 'apparently' work in the busiest store in London.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5823
Original post by Torrchy
Had an interview today, 1 hour after I got an email that I wasn't selected, but it was for a different position, but possibly at the same store (although the name of the place was different but there is no McDs at that place). Yesterday I got an email that I wasn't selected for the position I had an interview today. It seemed to go really well except for the fact I can't attend tomorrows training cause I have lectures.
I am so confused ;(

This happens to lots of people who reapply, I'm afraid. All you can do is keep trying. Something that happened with my store before Christmas, was that the admin girl kept sending through interviews even though we were no longer hiring, so although the BM knew he couldn't take on anyone else, he was still having to conduct the interviews. This could have possibly happened with some of the stores you applied to? There could've been a miscommunication despite the store no longer hiring.

Original post by nolhman.
First of all, you're not the only one to have received numerous rejections. At first, I applied for more than one store and was finally recruited after carrying out several rectifications to my application. They'll only invite you in for an interview if you obtain a certain percentage on the assessment part of the application which is the last bit where they give you 20 - 30 questions. I strongly advise you to thoroughly read the questions. Feel free to send me a message if you're not too sure.

Presumably, you received that reply from other stores you applied for. There's no way they'd reply to you that quick If that was the case, then they'd tell you the outcome on the spot; I don't see why they'd waste their time sending you an email informing you that you haven't made it onto the next stage of the process.

I strongly suggest you give them a call tomorrow, or visit them in person if you're not busy if I was in the situation, I'd go to the store and personally speak to the BM as it indicates that you're very eager to get the job which is a good thing. Which store in London did you work in if you don't mind me asking? Reason I'm asking is because I 'apparently' work in the busiest store in London.

With the first bit, if she's had an interview, and already worked in another store, I don't think it's the assessment that's holding the application back.

I think it's more being unlucky, or there's vacancies listed online which aren't actually available. Only thing you can keep doing is trying.
Reply 5824
Original post by Ronda
With the first bit, if she's had an interview, and already worked in another store, I don't think it's the assessment that's holding the application back.

I think it's more being unlucky, or there's vacancies listed online which aren't actually available. Only thing you can keep doing is trying.

I very much doubt it. If she obtained the required percentage, then why would the stores not invite her in for an interview? Pretty strange, if you ask me. There must be something wrong with her application - or the stores she's applied for. At times, they forget to remove the vacancies from the website. However, bigger stores have an admin that deals with all the recruiting and the paperwork. Whereas, smaller stores don't have an admin to deal with removing and posting vacancies on the website. So, they take a bit longer than other stores to remove the vacancies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5825
I very much doubt it. If she obtained the required percentage, then why would the stores not invite her in for an interview? Pretty strange, if you ask me. There must be something wrong with her application - or the stores she's applied for. At times, they forget to remove the vacancies from the website. However, bigger stores have an admin that deals with all the recruiting and the paperwork. Whereas, smaller stores don't have an admin to deal with removing and posting vacancies on the website. So, they take a bit longer than other stores to remove the vacancies.

There can be lots of reasons she didn't get invited for an interview. Our group has an admin girl who sorts out putting the vacancies on line, and due to a miscommunication we had so many applications which just had to be automatically declined because we didn't need any more staff. It also takes time to take the vacancies down, and she could have applied just as the store had finished taking on the number of staff it needed. If she's already worked with the company, I think she understands the application process and it's unlikely that she'll have not gotten the mark on the assessment she needed. Especially as she had been accepted for a customer care role before which you need a higher score for.
Haha I got an email earlier saying unfortunately I didn't get the job

The stupid thing is I've been working there for months :rofl:

Oh and.... PAYDAY!!!!!!! :woo:
Hey guys , I need a little bit of help , I have an OJE and interview at McDonald's for the prostitution as a Crew Member. So could you guys answer my questions . Thanks

1) What would I be doing on the OJE?
2) When I go into the store , what should I do ( Tell the person at the till I have an Interview here) ?
3) In the interview, what questions will they ask me ?
4) What questions should I ask at the end of the interview?
5) Is it easy getting a job there?

Thanks for your time
Reply 5828
Original post by ChrisW123
Hey guys , I need a little bit of help , I have an OJE and interview at McDonald's for the prostitution as a Crew Member. So could you guys answer my questions . Thanks

1) What would I be doing on the OJE?
2) When I go into the store , what should I do ( Tell the person at the till I have an Interview here) ?
3) In the interview, what questions will they ask me ?
4) What questions should I ask at the end of the interview?
5) Is it easy getting a job there?

Thanks for your time

1. A lot of stores chose not to do the OJE, despite it saying in the email, but if you are you will either be handing out balloons to kids, or greeting customers from behind the till. For either of these, just try and be as confident and friendly as you can. And make sure you pick up any hints whoever your working with tells you.
2. Just let someone at the tills know you have an interview, and they'll go find the appropriate person to help.
3. I had my interview 3 1/2 years ago, but from what I can remember, a lot of it was the same as the application. What's your proudest moment, how do you work in teams, why do you want to work there, how would you be getting to work, how would you handle a rude customer, etc.
4. I don't think I asked any, but I suppose you could ask about progression in the company, training, and stuff like that.
5. I think the hardest part is getting the interview, but this depends on the store and the BM. Some stores will hire anyone that gets an interview, and others will be more picky. Generally if people get rejected after the interview is because the store has taken on the number of staff it needed by the interview. Just make sure you act as confident as you can in the interview/OJE, because they'll be wanting someone who can speak clearly and confidently to customers.

My BM has a really bad habit of sending McTime messages at silly hours, like 11pm, 2am, etc. I mean, we shut at half 6 so it's not as if he's in the store or anything! I generally get woken up by my phone going off during the night, might need to start putting it on silent!

And yey! PAY DAY!
Original post by Ronda
1. A lot of stores chose not to do the OJE, despite it saying in the email, but if you are you will either be handing out balloons to kids, or greeting customers from behind the till. For either of these, just try and be as confident and friendly as you can. And make sure you pick up any hints whoever your working with tells you.
2. Just let someone at the tills know you have an interview, and they'll go find the appropriate person to help.
3. I had my interview 3 1/2 years ago, but from what I can remember, a lot of it was the same as the application. What's your proudest moment, how do you work in teams, why do you want to work there, how would you be getting to work, how would you handle a rude customer, etc.
4. I don't think I asked any, but I suppose you could ask about progression in the company, training, and stuff like that.
5. I think the hardest part is getting the interview, but this depends on the store and the BM. Some stores will hire anyone that gets an interview, and others will be more picky. Generally if people get rejected after the interview is because the store has taken on the number of staff it needed by the interview. Just make sure you act as confident as you can in the interview/OJE, because they'll be wanting someone who can speak clearly and confidently to customers.

My BM has a really bad habit of sending McTime messages at silly hours, like 11pm, 2am, etc. I mean, we shut at half 6 so it's not as if he's in the store or anything! I generally get woken up by my phone going off during the night, might need to start putting it on silent!

And yey! PAY DAY!

Thanks so much :smile:
I feel much more confident now :tongue:

BTW : Should I ask how many people they're taking on ? :confused:
I've started my first shift on the 3rd of this month. When will i get paid?
cheers
Reply 5831
Would have thought you'd have been paid yesterday destination.
Reply 5832
Original post by destination unknown
I've started my first shift on the 3rd of this month. When will i get paid? cheers

We receive our wages every 2 weeks. So, if you started working on the 3rd you would have been paid yesterday which was a Thursday.
We receive our wages every 2 weeks. So, if you started working on the 3rd you would have been paid yesterday which was a Thursday.

Original post by shephi
Would have thought you'd have been paid yesterday destination.

Just checked my account nothing apart of a nice student overdraft :frown:

Who pays you? franchisee HR or branch business manager?
Reply 5834
Just checked my account nothing apart of a nice student overdraft :frown:

That's a bit odd. I'm pretty sure the person who invited you to the welcome meeting would have made you fill out all the necessary forms, such as taking your bank account details. When I first started I received my wages on the same day as my fellow work mates. What I'd do if I were you is speak to the Assistant Manager or Admin, if your store has one; they'll probably check on their system whether or not they've got your bank details. Also, did you clock in, if you didn't then you won't be paid because according to the clock in machine you haven't worked?
(edited 12 years ago)
That's a bit odd. I'm pretty sure the person who invited you to the welcome meeting would have made you fill out all the necessary forms, such as taking your bank account details. When I first started I received my wages on the same day as my fellow work mates. What I'd do if I were you is speak to the Assistant Manager or Admin, if your store has one; they'll probably check on their system whether or not they've got your bank details. Also, did you clock in, if you didn't then you won't be paid because according to the clock in machine you haven't worked?

I clocked in all my shifts (a dozen since the 3rd Feb) & the HR assistant took my bank details when I was invited for the final orientation before starting my 1st shift.
Reply 5836
I clocked in all my shifts (a dozen since the 3rd Feb) & the HR assistant took my bank details when I was invited for the final orientation before starting my 1st shift.

Sometimes stores can be a little bit disorgaised with this stuff - I didn't get paid for 4 weeks because they hadn't actually sorted out my bank details yet - I eventually got a cheque from them around the same time for the hours I had done in the previous pay period so not to worry you will get the money! Though do double check with the manager of course :smile:

In other news, I am on the way to becoming a crew trainer so I am pretty pleased right now - part-time worker who has only been there since September is pretty good I should think :wink: just did my "quality" test thing today! :smile: quite happy and I'm sure there is some extra pay in this which is always nice too!
Hey guys, I just want to be 100% sure that I don't have to bring my NI number/birth certificate for my OJE interview.
Original post by Squalleon
Hey guys, I just want to be 100% sure that I don't have to bring my NI number/birth certificate for my OJE interview.

For me, I did not have to bring any of that to the OJE interview.

For if you do get the job: I did for the Welcome Meeting. Note that they want photocopies as well as seeing the originals. I swear the email and information about it never specified photocopies..

Good luck!
Reply 5839

If you've not been paid, then chances are they've not have a chance to sort out your bank details yet. They should have a check for your pay instead. Speak to your BM when you're next in. Also, the pay period would have been cut off on 11th February, so you won't be paid for any shifts you've done after that for another two week. You also may have been emergency taxed, so make sure you get a look at your pay slip and ask your BM to sort out your tax codes.

Original post by Jessca
Sometimes stores can be a little bit disorgaised with this stuff - I didn't get paid for 4 weeks because they hadn't actually sorted out my bank details yet - I eventually got a cheque from them around the same time for the hours I had done in the previous pay period so not to worry you will get the money! Though do double check with the manager of course :smile:

In other news, I am on the way to becoming a crew trainer so I am pretty pleased right now - part-time worker who has only been there since September is pretty good I should think :wink: just did my "quality" test thing today! :smile: quite happy and I'm sure there is some extra pay in this which is always nice too!

Well done! I've been a crew trainer a year and a half now, and the extra pay is definitely a nice bonus :wink: It could be quite difficult at first if you've only been there part time since September(!), but it does feel good when you're training a new start and things start to click with them. I'm also an apprenticeship crew trainer, which is good, gives me something else to do rather than regular work! I'd recommend it if you got the opportunity to do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending