The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nearly up to 300 pages :P

and I have work tonight 5-10, tomorrow and sunday 11-7, to go back to college (I'm in 5 days a week, leave at half 7 get home at 4) on Monday, I'm gonna be tired haha :P
Reply 5881
I finally start my first shift tomorrow afternoon after waiting for an order of hats to come in.

I have black shoes but their non-slip and have a small heel. Would that be a problem?

Any advice or tips for my first day?
Original post by MM01
I finally start my first shift tomorrow afternoon after waiting for an order of hats to come in.

I have black shoes but their non-slip and have a small heel. Would that be a problem?

Any advice or tips for my first day?

Your shoes should be fine. Expect it to be busy because its Saturday, but they always start the newbies on the weekends in order for them to get up to speed quicker and scare the life out of them. You'll never be on your own though and just be friendly to everyone you meet new. Also your going to make a mistake, everyone does on the first day, don't take to heart and just move you will improve. Good luck.
Does anyone know which level is the food & health safety certificate you do during orientation? thanks

I've got a job during the olympics and my future employer asked me if I've got a level 2 certificate. If not I need to study for IOSH food safety & working safely certificates.
Original post by destination unknown
Does anyone know which level is the food & health safety certificate you do during orientation? thanks

I've got a job during the olympics and my future employer asked me if I've got a level 2 certificate. If not I need to study for IOSH food safety & working safely certificates.

It's not a recognised certificate, it's just McDonald's own basic course.
I have an interview on Tuesday at 3.45 with the OJE and the interview after. I put in my application that I did have another job, and answered "no" to the "will you continue to work for this employer if mcdonalds offered you a job" bit.

My interview is on the 28th, but my notice doesn't officially end until the 21st of March. if they do want to hire me I can talk to HO and as them to let me go a week or more earlier providing my replacement is sorted, but do you think McDs would see this as a problem? When do they generally ask you do work after your interview, should you be chosen?

I'm having to move home as I can't afford to live here with my current job, and so I'll be travelling 100 miles paying £25 on the train just for this interview..
Reply 5886
When can you start using McTime? I started yesterday and the manager entered my details into the system but I tried accessing McTime at home but it didn't work.

Any ideas?
I have OJE followed by a interview with one of the Business Managers, which will also take about 15 minutes.

What do I need to know for the OJE and the interview?

Please help guys, really need this job.
I just applied.

The thing is..

In my school I know two people who applied.

One is extremely stupid and gulliable, and the other's doing the sciences etc.

She got the job, and he didnt!
I just applied.

The thing is..

In my school I know two people who applied.

Original post by Miracle Day

They don't really care how good you are at science - its more important to confidently deal with people, work well with your colleagues and give good customer service.
Original post by jacketpotato
They don't really care how good you are at science - its more important to confidently deal with people, work well with your colleagues and give good customer service.

Oh yeah, she's really shy etc.. she took english literature and has never contributed free willingly.

He seems social, a great actor, he's like really photogenic for example.
Original post by Miracle Day
Oh yeah, she's really shy etc.. she took english literature and has never contributed free willingly.

He seems social, a great actor, he's like really photogenic for example.

Interesting, who knows. Sometimes people really change when they go for job interviews, maybe she came across as friendly/energetic at the interview
What questions do you get asked at the OJE interview? I have never had a interview so I dont even know the standard interview questions.

Really need help.
Original post by jayseanfan
What questions do you get asked at the OJE interview? I have never had a interview so I dont even know the standard interview questions.

Really need help.

The OJE if it's still the same from when I did it basically involves you standing behind a till watching someone serve customers. You might even get to serve one yourself, just be friendly and have an upbeat tone of voice if you do have to serve someone. Don't worry if you struggle to find the buttons its not a big deal, they'll be more worried about how you treat customers rather than your initial ability to use the till.

The interview will ask questions like:

"why do you want to work for McDonald's"

"what do you know about McDonald's"

"how did you find the OJE"

possibly a question related to your CV

probably one about what you want to do in future and where you see yourself.

Just give positive answers and try to be honest. If in your answers you can reflect commitment to the company that will be great and even if you think its a short term job don't let them know about it (they will be investing time to train you after all).

You might at the end also be asked if you have any questions yourself. A good thing to do is to turn a question they asked back onto them e.g. they ask about your future, you ask about where you see the store going, this gives the impression you were listening. Don't ask about holidays or pay though that won't look so good.

Three more general tips that apply to any interview:

Dress smartly (shirt and tie, black trousers, nice shoes, hair brushed, teeth clean)

Do your research on the company and specific outlet

Read your CV beforehand, you could be asked on it

Good luck
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jayseanfan

Really need help.

hey I replied to the message you sent me, but dont know if you got it or not, said your inbox was full and you needed to delete some, let me know if you havent got it and i'll send it again :smile:
Original post by chancellorroberts
The OJE if it's still the same from when I did it basically involves you standing behind a till watching someone serve customers. You might even get to serve one yourself, just be friendly and have an upbeat tone of voice if you do have to serve someone. Don't worry if you struggle to find the buttons its not a big deal, they'll be more worried about how you treat customers rather than your initial ability to use the till.

The interview will ask questions like:

"why do you want to work for McDonald's"

"what do you know about McDonald's"

"how did you find the OJE"

possibly a question related to your CV

probably one about what you want to do in future and where you see yourself.

Just give positive answers and try to be honest. If in your answers you can reflect commitment to the company that will be great and even if you think its a short term job don't let them know about it (they will be investing time to train you after all).

You might at the end also be asked if you have any questions yourself. A good thing to do is to turn a question they asked back onto them e.g. they ask about your future, you ask about where you see the store going, this gives the impression you were listening. Don't ask about holidays or pay though that won't look so good.

Three more general tips that apply to any interview:

Dress smartly (shirt and tie, black trousers, nice shoes, hair brushed, teeth clean)

Do your research on the company and specific outlet

Read your CV beforehand, you could be asked on it

Good luck

Edit: Another question you could ask if you get the opportunity could be about the McDonald's apprenticeship and that you would like take part to boost your CV/learn more.
This is my response to your PM, but your inbox is full!

Hi,

I don't think there is much you need to do to prepare. You will be asked things like what your availability is, how long you hope to work for McDonalds and what your future plans are.

The OJE is really about showing that you will be able to deliver good customer service. Noone expects you to be fast or know what you are doing in the first 15minutes, after all you won't have had your training yet. The important thing is to be confident and friendly, and be nice to colleagues, this will show the store that you will deliver great customer service once you have had your training.

Best of luck
Got the job:groovy:

Its full time , and I will be working 35hours a week. I now need to ask you a few questions :smile:

1) People have been saying that I will get paid min wage , but on the website it said £4.35. Which will I get paid? :tongue:
2) Are breaks paid for/how long are they?

(I can't wait to start =D)
Original post by ChrisW123
Got the job:groovy:

Its full time , and I will be working 35hours a week. I now need to ask you a few questions :smile:

1) People have been saying that I will get paid min wage , but on the website it said £4.35. Which will I get paid? :tongue:
2) Are breaks paid for/how long are they?

(I can't wait to start =D)

1. You'll start off on £4.35, slightly better than minimum range :tongue:

2. No breaks aren't paid, and they're 45 minutes

Good luck, it can be stressful at times, but its good fun at times :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending