The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightburns
Same with when I had my first shift. I couldn't be bothered the fuss of dealing with the fact that I hadn't been paid for it :frown:

If I work, I want to be bloody paid for it!! At my WM they said sometimes people forget etc. but just tell the manager and they'll add it on etc.

I read online on ourlounge that you get paid for the Welcome Meeting and any meetings you go to? Is this true (I didn't expect to be paid) or is it something that *should* happen but not really..?
Done the welcome meeting and just finished the online certificate thing- fun times :rolleyes:

Now I've just gotta give in my file, get my uniform and start actually working :smile:

Any ideas as to how likely it is I'll be able to transfer to another McD when I go to university? I'd only want to do a few hours, plus going home for the holidays...
Or how likely it is I'd be able to work at the one I've just joined in the holidays?

I'm hoping to work around 30 hours or more a week from now until the end of Sept, but I don't want to completely drain the money I savee
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hallucinated
If I work, I want to be bloody paid for it!! At my WM they said sometimes people forget etc. but just tell the manager and they'll add it on etc.

I read online on ourlounge that you get paid for the Welcome Meeting and any meetings you go to? Is this true (I didn't expect to be paid) or is it something that *should* happen but not really..?

I got paid for my welcome meeting :smile: So it happens at my store anyway....
Same with when I had my first shift. I couldn't be bothered the fuss of dealing with the fact that I hadn't been paid for it :frown:

If I'm working I'm going to make sure i get paid for it! :confused:

Much more interested in whether working on customer care is standard for new starters, or a more permanent thing. :frown:
Original post by LastHype
If I'm working I'm going to make sure i get paid for it! :confused:

Much more interested in whether working on customer care is standard for new starters, or a more permanent thing. :frown:

To my knowledge, you get moved about after time to be trained on other things - the people at my McD who spend all their time in the lobby are trained on tills as well so that they can jump on one if necessary, but not in kitchens. The people generally on tills get trained in the kitchens. I don't know if this is the standard system. If you are not in the lobby uniform, I'd guess you're there temporarily.
You probably wont end up on dining area because youve got to have your customer care training and youd have a higher pay per hour they might just put you there if you start when its busy or theyre short on crew trainers etc.
You wont get clocked in for the welcome meeting but you will get payed. Even if your not clocked in/out they do generally sort it out and youll get payed the right amount the only thing i would say is make sure you are clocking yourself out especially if you stay an extra 10-15 minutes at the end of the shift because they wont know that you did that when they sort it out and a few days of 15 minutes loses you quite alot of money if its gone unnoticed.
On the till game you click large then shakes then show prices
Hey all,
I had my Welcome Meeting today, and she said to log onto our lounge. I tried signing up and it said the email was already in use? So I try to put in a password and it said that my account wasn't active anymore? Anyone had this before?
Original post by southend1112
Hey all,
I had my Welcome Meeting today, and she said to log onto our lounge. I tried signing up and it said the email was already in use? So I try to put in a password and it said that my account wasn't active anymore? Anyone had this before?

Are you using the same email address you registered with to apply for the job, and have you tried the "forgot password" link?
I can't remember even though it was 2 weeks ago but I don't think you have to sign up- just log in!
To my knowledge, you get moved about after time to be trained on other things - the people at my McD who spend all their time in the lobby are trained on tills as well so that they can jump on one if necessary, but not in kitchens. The people generally on tills get trained in the kitchens. I don't know if this is the standard system. If you are not in the lobby uniform, I'd guess you're there temporarily.

Original post by EbonyJane
You probably wont end up on dining area because youve got to have your customer care training and youd have a higher pay per hour they might just put you there if you start when its busy or theyre short on crew trainers etc.

Thankyou :biggrin: I'm pretty sure I'm not in lobby uniform, seeing as I had the brownish top and a cap. One hopes I'll get shifted into the kitchen soon then, no offence to any Customer Care guys, it's just not my type of thing. :smile:
Original post by hallucinated
Are you using the same email address you registered with to apply for the job, and have you tried the "forgot password" link?
I can't remember even though it was 2 weeks ago but I don't think you have to sign up- just log in!

I rang up the manager, he fixed it for me. I don't start till the end of June though due to exams... *Sigh* hahaa
Hey guys, I've got quite a set of problem at the moment. In february I did a shift that I wasn't paid for and I keep telling one of the managers (who was the BM for a while before we got a new one, but the new BM doesn't know me at all so I didn't want to speak to him about it). He said he would clock me in for the hours that I wasn't paid for and that I would get it next pay day (which wouldve been 3 weeks ago), but I only got paid for the time I actually worked during the payroll. I'm sick of telling him to fix it. I'm currently of study leave so I'm not at work until the end of May, and I hate speaking on the phone. Not really sure wht to do, I sent him an e-mail but I'm not sure he even checks them.

I actually want to quit before my study leave ends, is it okay to do that? I don't want to come back to work after my exams or before them.
Today's the first day I've been able to log into McTime (I've been waiting for the uniform to arrive before I can be given my first shift you see) - I'm guessing this is a good sign? I've been waiting over 2 weeks, and can see that the other person in my welcome meeting has a couple of shifts next week but I haven't been contacted. She did order a different size uniform which I'm hoping is why?
Went to give my folder in yesterday and sort out my uniform, nobody seemed to have a clue what to do aha :rolleyes:
So I've just gotta wait for a phone call... I just wanna start working :|
I hate mcdonalds.. had a really bad experience with them, in which after i left they refused to pay me for over a year
Original post by Coolkat
I hate mcdonalds.. had a really bad experience with them, in which after i left they refused to pay me for over a year

How come you weren't paid? :redface: What happened?
Did my first shift on Saturday, but the store still hasn't rang me back with details of something more regular. If it wasn't for the thought that I haven't been paid for the first I don't think I would bother ringing back tomorrow. :mad:

Farcical.
Original post by Millyshyn
How come you weren't paid? :redface: What happened?

It was about appropriate documents.. i have quite a long name, 4 names in fact, and there was a mix up, when i tried to put it straight, the staff were very rude, cutting off my calls, telling me to call a week later because so and so were on holiday ect... even when i tried to go in they would fobb me off, saying they were busy..
Ugh, makes me angry just thinking about it! :colone:
Any of you that work there, do you often see people you know in your store?

How do you handle it?

Have they been funny with you about working in McDonalds?

(Btw, I'm not for one minute suggesting that there is anything wrong with working in McDonalds, but some people are quite nasty about it in my experience, I'd be glad of a job there).
Reply 6159
Original post by Elissabeth
Any of you that work there, do you often see people you know in your store?

How do you handle it?

Have they been funny with you about working in McDonalds?

(Btw, I'm not for one minute suggesting that there is anything wrong with working in McDonalds, but some people are quite nasty about it in my experience, I'd be glad of a job there).

Everyday I see loads of people I know. I say hi and serve them like any other customer. If there isn't anyone else to serve, I might even have a chat with them. I don't think I've ever had anyone I know be nasty, there's no reason to, it's a job, and for students/young people, a pretty good job.

Latest

Trending

Trending