The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6180
I used to work at McDonalds a like 4 years ago, so still have access to the ourlounge site.

Been playing that till game, get's pretty confusing! 1st time I ran out of time to serve everyone, 2nd time the timer messed up giving me like 199926.1.

Glad I don't work at McDonalds with them tills!

Sainsbury's ones are easy lol
Could someone please tell me if it would be ok to give the 2 weeks notice that I want to quit while I'm on time off for exams?
On the till game I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do when she asks for 2 hamburger happy meals and 1 plain burger and 1 with extra ketchup. I've tried just clicking plain, clicking on the hamburger on the left hand side, clicking void, etc. but nothing seems to be right.. anyone know how to get past this? If I do the show me thing it just freezes.. :/

Also- the guy later on asking for diet coke with his large big mac meal, then milk with the happy meal. I've done the coke but it's not accepting me clicking on the happy meal bit, or the left hand side of happy meal so i'm not sure what else to try :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hallucinated
On the till game I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do when she asks for 2 hamburger happy meals and 1 plain burger and 1 with extra ketchup. I've tried just clicking plain, clicking on the hamburger on the left hand side, clicking void, etc. but nothing seems to be right.. anyone know how to get past this? If I do the show me thing it just freezes.. :/

Also- the guy later on asking for diet coke with his large big mac meal, then milk with the happy meal. I've done the coke but it's not accepting me clicking on the happy meal bit, or the left hand side of happy meal so i'm not sure what else to try :/

Same issues...saying that though that's on the PC at work, on my computer it crashes after the 4th customer so haven't had chance to give it another shot :/
Reply 6184
Original post by hallucinated

For the hamburgers you have to click on 1 then plain, then click on the 2nd hamburger & press extra ketchup.

...I'll let you know on the other one, can't remember so will have to go through again lol
Reply 6185
Found it, the diet coke - NO ICE! then you can click on happy meal then milk!!
Reply 6186
How quick after completion do you get your money for the apprenticeship? birthday coming up soon so would be a nice bonus, they're completing everything on Sunday.
Original post by Jessca
How quick after completion do you get your money for the apprenticeship? birthday coming up soon so would be a nice bonus, they're completing everything on Sunday.

About 5 months for me, but my store are slow as hell for everything. Shifts arn't up for next week yet :/ Probably wont be till sat at best.
Reply 6188
Hello everyone. This is my first ever paid job so I am slightly confused but hopefully one of you can assist me. I'm a new part time employee and my 1st shift was on Sat 21st April 2012. My shift was due to start at 4 but I didn't start until about 4.40pm. I finished my shift at about 8pm.

Now I've checked my internet banking this morning and I've received £12.80 which I am assuming is for that shift as Saturday is the cut-off point. As I am on £5 an hour I should have been paid over £15 but haven't been. So now am curious as to were the missing cash has gone (I am assuming that it is tax but I shouldn't have to pay any as I am well under the weekly threshold) so my question is, do McDonalds take out tax before they pay you? If yes, how do I go about reclaiming in?

Thanks.
Reply 6189
Original post by danz92
Hello everyone. This is my first ever paid job so I am slightly confused but hopefully one of you can assist me. I'm a new part time employee and my 1st shift was on Sat 21st April 2012. My shift was due to start at 4 but I didn't start until about 4.40pm. I finished my shift at about 8pm.

Now I've checked my internet banking this morning and I've received £12.80 which I am assuming is for that shift as Saturday is the cut-off point. As I am on £5 an hour I should have been paid over £15 but haven't been. So now am curious as to were the missing cash has gone (I am assuming that it is tax but I shouldn't have to pay any as I am well under the weekly threshold) so my question is, do McDonalds take out tax before they pay you? If yes, how do I go about reclaiming in?

Thanks.

Since this is your first job, you won't have had a P45 from a previous employer to show any tax you have paid. So you will have been put on the basic rate of 20%. Speak to your boss and he/she should be able to give you a P46 which you'll need to fill in so you can be on the correct tax code. You will get the £3-odd back, you'll need to apply for it back.

This is some information on how to reclaim it: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/IncomeTax/Taxrefundsreclaimingtax/DG_078486

Hope this helps.
Reply 6190
McDonald's is poisoning the world
Reply 6191
Original post by Ronda
Since this is your first job, you won't have had a P45 from a previous employer to show any tax you have paid. So you will have been put on the basic rate of 20%. Speak to your boss and he/she should be able to give you a P46 which you'll need to fill in so you can be on the correct tax code. You will get the £3-odd back, you'll need to apply for it back.

This is some information on how to reclaim it: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/IncomeTax/Taxrefundsreclaimingtax/DG_078486

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot :smile:
I have a 4 hour shift. Wth. It is barely worth going in. I can't even get home for two hours after shift anyway. Sucks to be me.

(yes, slightly bitter, it's my last shift before I go off on study leave and it's only 4 hours, I need the money!!)
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
I have a 4 hour shift. Wth. It is barely worth going in. I can't even get home for two hours after shift anyway. Sucks to be me.

(yes, slightly bitter, it's my last shift before I go off on study leave and it's only 4 hours, I need the money!!)

haha i was like this once... i did a 5-9 on a saturday evening. that was it for the week :P seemed pointless me going in :') ah well, id prefer that to being on breakfast ha
Original post by SortYourLife
haha i was like this once... i did a 5-9 on a saturday evening. that was it for the week :P seemed pointless me going in :') ah well, id prefer that to being on breakfast ha

It's 4-8 on a Wednesday evening, I mean really!? I used to get loads like this, sorta got used to having like 6 and 7 hours now, just doesn't seem worth the hassle, especially when I have to hang around until like 10.30 so my Dad can get back from Leeds to pick me up - last bus round my way leaves at 6 :/
Reply 6195
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope

Someone got a week of 3 hour shifts in the Easter holidays at my store! I've had the odd 4 hour one and it's not too bad as I live round the corner, but some people have to spend almost £5 on the bus, which is like a quarter of your pay.

I'm down to one shift a week now during exam period, 3-11 this Sunday and next Sunday. Going to be nice not closing for a change!
Original post by tm00131
Someone got a week of 3 hour shifts in the Easter holidays at my store! I've had the odd 4 hour one and it's not too bad as I live round the corner, but some people have to spend almost £5 on the bus, which is like a quarter of your pay.

I'm down to one shift a week now during exam period, 3-11 this Sunday and next Sunday. Going to be nice not closing for a change!

I've had a 3 hour before. It was pointless. Even though I don't have to pay for the bus in term time (love my college) it takes ages and I get there at really awkward times...can't ever get home either, last bus leaves at 6 :/

Haha, I am ALWAYS on close, this shift is the first since October that I'm not :smile: Quite looking forward to it actually!! And the two weeks off after it isn't at all bad either!!
Original post by Ronda
Of course it'd be annoying, but it's only a drink, and if you'd been waiting in a queue for a few minutes it's a bit pointless to cancel the whole order cause we can't give them one thing through no fault of our own. And often these people are quite rude about it, I mean these things happen, we can't exactly help it.

The worst is the line "the customer's always right". I once had someone come up to me with a loyalty card for some store in Livingston. In the three years I've been there, I'd never seen one at the time, so I assumed it was like the bus tickets and vouchers and I'd have to take it off her and keep it (was lucky I accepted it considering it wasn't even for my store). Then she started whining that I wouldn't give her it back and asked to see a manager, who agreed with me. It was only our 2nd assistant who'd worked at God knows how many stores that pointed out that some stores do loyalty cards and that was one. Then the stupid woman scoffed at me and was like "customer's always right". I should have just charged her for the full meal, but I was just super pissed off and wanted her out my sight before I did something I'd regret haha.

Our coffee machine is a really old model. Every other store near me seems to have a nice shiney new looking thing :frown: Ours, after pouring 3 hot drinks one after another, tells us to "please wait" I DON'T WANNA WAIT! Also, if we don't have someone in looking are the MRU and replace milk on time, then whilst it's heating up it will only let us pour black coffees. But then we just cheat it and pour a tea over the probe :teehee: Most people complain about the coffees being too hot anyways, and no one ever complains so :dontknow:

We've been bad for grills braking down, and since we only have two it's a pain in the ass. Like I went in on Monday morning before I went to a training course in Glasgow, and the eggs and sausage had to be cooked on the same grill >__< I can't imagine what'd it'd be like over gap time if you were struggling on Macs but had to leave one of the grills on the quarter settings. Our vats are generally nice to us though! Although, we did have one on chicken which was broke for a loongg time, and whoever did the filtering Sunday evening done something to one of the fry vats and it will only heat to a certain temperature before screeching probe failure at us :p:

my old job used to say 'the customer is not always right but they must always be treated with respect' i had it enlarged and laminated with the store logo so whenever a customer used the line on me i could just point at the sign smugly...

anyway just applied to two locations how long does it usually take to find out if i have an interview
What's the wage for an 18 year old at mcdonalds?
Original post by Camoxide
What's the wage for an 18 year old at mcdonalds?

£5.00

Latest

Trending

Trending