The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anyone answer my question please? ^^ post 99
Reply 101
yvonnay
Hi, I have an interview at Mcdonalds tomorrow, is that the oje?? I wasn't told so on the phone so I assumed it is just an interview. xx

No i wouldnt imagine so. I believe you must first pass an initial interview to be considered for an OJE.

Regarding payment for an OJE, since you are not on the books at this point and not guaranteed a job, and an OJE lasts all of about 10-15 minutes i think i can guarantee you are not getting paid.

And to answer the final question, head office is East Finchley, London.

Any more?

Matt
LOL, i wonder where it came from?:s-smilie:
Live82005
I'm feeling a bit demoralised. I've applied to a few branches online and have already been rejected by two. Without even acknowledging the fact that I think it's a ridiculous way to assess somebody's suitability for the position, I'm starting to doubt my own capabilities. Did I really answer the questions that badly? Grr... :frown:

Awww. I know the feeling. I got rejection emails from some of the vacancies I applied for online. Even though I must admit I was trying it on a bit by saying I wanted temporary work only until mid August (and only applying 2 days ago lol)...worth a try though, you never know. Still got a few more in the pipeline but I doubt they'll be successful either.
I've just finished an online app for a crew member job. I'm only 16 and this was sort of my 'last option' because no-one else seems to want to take on a 16 year old... but after reading this thread I think it'll be better than I thought.

Same after trying to get a job in so many other places i thought working in mcdonalds would be my last option ++ if anyone found out they would laugh at me, But a jobs a job right? and after reading the posts on this forum am actually now hoping i will get it.

:smile:
Reply 105
I went for my interview and have an orientation tomoz. The person who interviewed me said I should start next week so i'm assuming I have the job but I might have to say I want part-time work now because I have two jobs lol I also have a job at pizza hut. Dillema lol
Is anyone doing the apprenticeship scheme? I've been studying for a Maths and English qualification through Our Lounge. I'm ready to take my English test but need to do some work on my Maths! I don't really need the English qualification but thought I might as well take it whilst it's free!
libertine861
Is anyone doing the apprenticeship scheme? I've been studying for a Maths and English qualification through Our Lounge. I'm ready to take my English test but need to do some work on my Maths! I don't really need the English qualification but thought I might as well take it whilst it's free!

I want to do this, what does it invovle?

i can't get onto ourlounge, so i said i'll wait till i get my wage slip to see what my name is on there, how its spelt etc.
Reply 108
Concho
I've just finished an online app for a crew member job. I'm only 16 and this was sort of my 'last option' because no-one else seems to want to take on a 16 year old... but after reading this thread I think it'll be better than I thought.

Yep I was on the same boat!
I felt I had no choice to apply for mcdonalds:woo:
Reply 109
what happens at the mcdonalds welcome meeting?
i have mine on thursday
Reply 110
PrincessT

Did you get the job?
Reply 111
PrincessT

Did you get the job?
Ahhhhh finally got contacted!

Got my OJE on Thursday, can't wait.
PrincessT
what happens at the mcdonalds welcome meeting?
i have mine on thursday

Um you fill in loads of forms and they do a health and safety quiz and if you don't know the answers they tell you and they give you your uniform... depends how many people are there at the same time but can take over 2 hours.
Reply 114
Concho
Did you get the job?

YEP!!:yep:
Reply 115
Jessikar
Um you fill in loads of forms and they do a health and safety quiz and if you don't know the answers they tell you and they give you your uniform... depends how many people are there at the same time but can take over 2 hours.

Thanks!:cool:
Reply 116
adam_1234
Ahhhhh finally got contacted!

Got my OJE on Thursday, can't wait.

Congrats!
I've mine (welcome meeting) on Thursday too!:p:
Reply 117
yvonnay
I went for my interview and have an orientation tomoz. The person who interviewed me said I should start next week so i'm assuming I have the job but I might have to say I want part-time work now because I have two jobs lol I also have a job at pizza hut. Dillema lol

UH OH:no:
LittleMissTwinkle
I want to do this, what does it invovle?

i can't get onto ourlounge, so i said i'll wait till i get my wage slip to see what my name is on there, how its spelt etc.

Just basically doing online tests, once you have successfully completed a couple of practice tests, you can book to do a proper one and get a qualification out of it (Level Two)
Rejected.

Oh dear...

Latest

Trending

Trending