The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bosejiu
I've just joined the dark side.
First shift on Wednesday.
God, give me the strength to flip burgers. :biggrin:

you don't have to flip them, the grill cooks both sides at once.
Reply 161
I have recently started work at Mcdonalds, despite what loads of people say about it, its really quite a fun job! All the people there are really great. Of course it all depends on your store. The only bad thing is the smell on your clothes after work and you do sometimes have some angry customers, but you just have to ignore them, usually their in the wrong, not you.
Jinxey
I have recently started work at Mcdonalds, despite what loads of people say about it, its really quite a fun job! All the people there are really great. Of course it all depends on your store. The only bad thing is the smell on your clothes after work and you do sometimes have some angry customers, but you just have to ignore them, usually their in the wrong, not you.

I agree with this.
Reply 163
Aaron_1507
you don't have to flip them, the grill cooks both sides at once.

Heh, then I'm saved.

I hope it'll be fun working there.

Few questions
1. How much discount do we get on Mc-food ?
2. Are breaks paid ?
3. Is it easy to adjust shifts to own preferences ( i.e. choosing shifts that suit me the most )
4. Do after 3 weeks the wage raise ?
bosejiu
Heh, then I'm saved.

Few questions
2. Are breaks paid ?
3. Is it easy to adjust shifts to own preferences ( i.e. choosing shifts that suit me the most )

1. We can get a medium evm for 1.99, premium salad-2.99, breakfast evm 1.49, Deli sandwich evm 3.50 and in my area we can get a drink for 30p but probably not in your area.

2. No breaks arent paid but you do get a free meal, so in essence they are paid.

3. Yes mcdonalds are good at catering for your needs so you get to select when you can work and holidays, just ask and they give them to you.

4. after 2 weeks pay goes up by 20p if you are on time and aren't a complete ****** basically.
Reply 165
I had my first day of work today. It was alright but tiring lol. The pple I worked with were really nice. And I felt alright towards the end, I managed to do alot of orders myself which i'm proud of lol. It was a bit boring at times when I was not doing anything though lol
yvonnay
I had my first day of work today. It was alright but tiring lol. The pple I worked with were really nice. And I felt alright towards the end, I managed to do alot of orders myself which i'm proud of lol. It was a bit boring at times when I was not doing anything though lol

not doing anything!! your lucky if the manager see you doing nothing then, at my store, he will give you something to do. Just pretend to check cups and wipe the tops and then just talk to people, its what i do. Or help other people with their order if there aren't hardly any customers.
yvonnay

where did you work, tills or kitchen?
Does anyone know what happens if you dont turn up becos you are too ill to phone in...?
bosejiu
Heh, then I'm saved.

Few questions
2. Are breaks paid ?

Not if you want to change the hours you work as they have to have to ensure that they have enough people for the right times and if you put morning shifts but want to change them, they willl say no.
Jessikar
Does anyone know what happens if you dont turn up becos you are too ill to phone in...?

nothing, they just get someone to cover you.
Aaron_1507
nothing, they just get someone to cover you.

Yeah but don't you have to phone in...? or if you dont turn up, do they ring you?
Jessikar
Not if you want to change the hours you work as they have to have to ensure that they have enough people for the right times and if you put morning shifts but want to change them, they willl say no.

bull-shiz you can change it when you like.
Reply 173
Aaron_1507
where did you work, tills or kitchen?

I worked on the drive through. And give me a break it was my first day lol. I was only managing to get the hang of the type of meals lol
Aaron_1507
bull-shiz you can change it when you like.

No because i asked and they said no :s-smilie: You can't change your avaliability unless you give about a months notice and a good reason why you want to change it.
Jessikar
Yeah but don't you have to phone in...? or if you dont turn up, do they ring you?

Ow yeah you have to ring in, if you dont you probably will get a warning and you will not get your 20p extra pay for the following 2 weeks.
Reply 176
im 16 years old and looking for a summer job was hard that i decided to apply online 2 mcdonalds, 2 weeks later i got a phonecall for an interview and so last wednesday i went in and basically shadowed a girl at the last window in the drive thru part, i have to go in for orientation on friday...what should i expect?? and how long after will i start working????
Jessikar
No because i asked and they said no :s-smilie: You can't change your avaliability unless you give about a months notice and a good reason why you want to change it.

well thats one case and yes obviously you have to give notice but you can still change it when you like andthey help you swap shifts so in effect you are startign your new availability straight away.
Nikki,
im 16 years old and looking for a summer job was hard that i decided to apply online 2 mcdonalds, 2 weeks later i got a phonecall for an interview and so last wednesday i went in and basically shadowed a girl at the last window in the drive thru part, i have to go in for orientation on friday...what should i expect?? and how long after will i start working????
at the orientation you just watch videos about health and safety and hygiene etc and then do a little test, all easy stuff and then sign some forms. You then ring up the restaurant that your working at or speak to the person who takes the orientation if you are doing it at the restaurant your working at and you should start later that week or the following week.
yvonnay
I worked on the drive through. And give me a break it was my first day lol. I was only managing to get the hang of the type of meals lol

haha i've only worked there 2 days and i was doing that stuff on the first day. It was more advice because they will, soon, start moaning at you if you just stand there. I was giving you a hard time lol! :no:

Latest

Trending

Trending