The Student Room Group

Do You Think Cambridge Would Accept Me?

Hey there, i was just wondering if you guys would give me some advice on applying to Cambridge.

Looking at my grades:

GCSE: 10 A*/3 A's
(English Lit+Lang, Mathematics, Triple Science, Physical Education, History, Religious Education, Geography)/(Food Technology, Drama, French)

AS Levels: 5A's (General Studies, Mathematics, History, Drama, Geography)

A Levels: 4A's (Mathematics, Drama, Geography, History)

And My Hobbies/Interests:

Reading, Studying, Raving, Canoeing/Kayaking, Tap Dancing And Swimming.

Would you think that Cambridge would let me in? Or would i be kicked off the waiting list right away

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what do YOU think.

jesus.
:rolleyes: Not another one! :rolleyes:
haha if they wouldnt I would :biggrin:
Reply 4
you'd probably get an interview but

1. "raving" - not a hobby or at least not one to put on an application to cambridge :/
2. shame about drama, would have been better if it was a decent a level instead of it
Reply 5
No offence but you know your in with a shot. This thread is pointless and youve started it to gloat. All your grades are as high as they can be except for 3 GCSEs. Actually let people who are unsure if they will get in start these threads. What a waste of time!!
Reply 6
Zerodos
No offence but you know your in with a shot. This thread is pointless and youve started it to gloat. All your grades are as high as they can be except for 3 GCSEs. Actually let people who are unsure if they will get in start these threads. What a waste of time!!

:dito: :dito:
depends which course you are applying for... (same with your post in the oxon sub forum too :wink:)
Reply 8
"Raving"
I don't think Cambridge select applicants on their ability to do 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box' to 2 Unlimited.
Reply 9
NadiaG
Or would i be kicked off the waiting list right away

Yes, that's it :rolleyes:

Jesus H....
Reply 10
Lol its just that i was rejected last year and now im in a gap year hoping to re apply and get in this time!!
Reply 11
yes im trying to decide which one im going to go to
Reply 12
woops (:
.......i got warned. sorry dint mean to cause offence...
Reply 14
What are you applying for, some work experience might help, or even some volunteer work, as far as your grades go, you should be fine (but you know that already), just try to squeeze in some experience of 'the real world'
Reply 15
lmao only 10 A*, this is cambridge we're talking about not the polytech one?
Reply 16
sorry, you don't stand a chance. :P if you believe all the information you gave us was enough to answer your question (4 x top grade at a level) and you still couldn't work out whether they'd accept you, the interviews going to be a disaster because the captain of your brain ship is drunk at the wheel.

jk of course. :P as far as i can tell you'll probably get an interview unless the course you're after is horrendously oversubscribed. what're you thinking of doing? if anything will be your downfall, it'll be the subjects (i don't think drama is highly regarded, and from what i hear geography is "a level colouring in") but an A in anything is impressive. good luck!
Reply 17
All the best, you seem like a pretty good applicant. I am sure you have chance :biggrin: :smile:
you got them grades and you post a thread like that? waste....
DominF
the interviews going to be a disaster because the captain of your brain ship is drunk at the wheel.

:biggrin: haha

but they've got a point - if you haven't got the common sense to work out that those grades give you a good chance of getting accepted then you won't stand a chance...

Latest