The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do it too! Any ideas about what might come up this sitting? Please reply within the next 45 mins before I leave for the exam! Thanks
Reply 2
I just did the exam - I really needed at least a B, I'll be lucky to get a D on it! :frown: goodbye university! how did everyone else find it?
Reply 3
it was probably the most difficult exam i have ever sat. seriously.
and, stupidly, i decided to overlook the topic on tissue cultures....
just my luck eh?
yea it was really hard compared to other past papers ive done! it was totally random the questions, none of the usual long essay questions grrr... but hopefully the grade boundaries wil be much lower as every1 ive spoken 2 sed how hard it is
Reply 5
and it didn't help that there was kids screaming outside the room, invigilators phone going off....
The paper was the worst i've ever sat.

Was the magnification 420?

and what was that hydrophic link question all about? I went on about how there is covalent bonding so its more ethanol tolerable??
Reply 7
yea i hated that paper too! it was awful!
It didn't help that during the exam everyone had to stop writing for 5 minutes due t a mobile phone going off!
Reply 9
i got 420 too! :smile: and i put about more H bonding or somthing like that.

that insulin question was a killer.
Yeh I put that for the collagen question as it does have more hydrogen bonding.

Were the 2 conditions diabetes and haemophilia? and the 3 enzymes were reverse transcriptase, DNA ligase and restriction endonuclease?
daamn i put 420000 as magnification! was the actual thing in micrometres or nanometres?!
Reply 12
yeah they were the conditions and i got the first 2 enzymes but i didnt have a clue for the third.

i just put ribonuclease - i dont think it even is one! haha
Reply 13
nanometers.
It was nanometres.
th enzymes wher dna polymerase, reverse transcriptase and restricton enzymes, cant remeber th correct order, surely the magnification is x 420 000 then? if it was in nanometres which is x10-9 ? then i measured 21mm which is 21x10-3 so mag is x 420 000...
Reply 16
isn't nanometers x10-6
i did 21mm * 10-6 = 0.0000005 or something METRES.

then 50 * 10-9 0.00021 and then divided the two and got 420...
no nanometers is x10-9, micrometres is x10-6, phew i gt it right lol i thought i read it wrong
to get nanometres into metres, its times 10-9. (power sign)

Latest