The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

donkeyears1
Edexcel is great! GCSE Maths is amazing with Edexcel...how could you people not like it??!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yup, Edexcel are the easiest board on most subjects.
I actually had a panic attack in my Edexcel Unit 4 and 5 Politics exams.

I'm not kidding, the way they worded the questions in Unit 5 were horrible :'(
Endocytosis
Yup Edexcel are the easiest board on most subjects.

Very true....it can vary...i think edexcel is the best board
Well, seems like Edexcel aren't making many friends around here... hostile area.. jeje

I mean, really, first about their past paper uploading dilemma and now this.... hm... seems to me like whoever is monitoring is having a tough time (or not) reading all these complaints about them... but well deserved I think. They charge us international that much, thus we expect good services, however nothing of what I have seen up until now can be deemed to be good service hence I'm a bit on the Edexcel hating group too. Nevertheless about the difficulty of the exams, that may just be normal... I mean every year most of the exams appear to be difficult for some reason or other, maybe it's because of the nerves that you don't have whilst you are doing the past paper because you know they are not the real thing... you know... whereas when you're sitting there through the hour and a half or whatever it is, you really have huge butterflies in your stomach because you know that if you **** up, this is real.... so calm down people, it may not be as bad as you think it is(mainly to the OP but applies to anybody who's worrying)... you may even get a pleasant surprise in mid-August... :wink:
Btw I think there should be an OFFICIAL "I HATE EDEXCEL" THREAD... since there's been two of these already in the same exam session... :biggrin:
Reply 45
done :smile:
I've never had a problem with Edexcel. OCR, on the other hand, are a bunch of incompetent morons. Especially with their Physics B course.
Reply 47
MazalTov89
I actually had a panic attack in my Edexcel Unit 4 and 5 Politics exams.

I'm not kidding, the way they worded the questions in Unit 5 were horrible :'(

I second that. I found that paper so incredibly hard... unit 4 was slightly better than 5 though. Also, the English Lit Edexcel paper this year really angered many students, including myself. The Othello questions were the worst; two very similar, quite badly worded questions with extracts that didn't really support the question at all. Not impressed with Edexcel at all. I took A Level English Lit two years ago with AQA and it was 10 times better (long story as to why I took it again this year!)
Reply 48
I think my brother hates Edexcel after today... heh..

He did the further maths module..
:ts: Its time for me to meet Edexcel!

:ymca: Edexcel Christmas Party...
Reply 50
kanyee
In PHY5 the answer to the first question wasnt on the syllabus. It was actually degree stuff. So no matter how hard you revised, you wouldnt have got it.
:confused:

Wasn't that the question on gravity? I don't think there was anything in that question outside of the syllabus.
Do they still ask you to pay for past papers? - Only reason I ever hated them (+ occasionally they had some ****ty marking in economics at a-level)
Edexcel Salters Horners Physics also SUCKS. It's waffly, awkward and exam questions/mark schemes are just horrible! I'm so glad their scrapping it so no-one will ever have to do it again!
nope past papers are free
Inter-Company
Do they still ask you to pay for past papers? - Only reason I ever hated them (+ occasionally they had some ****ty marking in economics at a-level)

They do indeed - they are sellling 2005 and 2006 FP2 exams for £2.99 each.Ridiculous now given they allow people free access to most units since June 2005 - http://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/pastpapers/Default.aspx , including June 2008 ones if you know where to look.
Reply 55
The thing I don't like about Edexcel is their exam papers. They only put a list of questions at the front of their question/answer booklets, even though they divide them up into sections for each question. I have to keep flicking back to the front to look at the questions - why can they not put the relevant questions at the top of each of the sections in the booklet as well!?

This is the case with both my politics and history papers.
Ride-Off
The thing I don't like about Edexcel is their exam papers. They only put a list of questions at the front of their question/answer booklets, even though they divide them up into sections for each question. I have to keep flicking back to the front to look at the questions - why can they not put the relevant questions at the top of each of the sections in the booklet as well!?

This is the case with both my politics and history papers.

I agree the page-flipping is so annoying. I have to waste time writing the question again so I can focus on it throughout the exam..
Reply 57
Kerch
:confused:

Wasn't that the question on gravity? I don't think there was anything in that question outside of the syllabus.

the L bit

it stood for a point where the time period at a smaller radius is the same as that of a larger radius. I cant remember the name of it now. This definately wasnt on the syllabus.

My teacher is an examiner and he said he hasnt seen anyone get it.
When you have worked you arse off for months on end to get specific grades to get into a uni that you have had your heart set on for years and been through the emotional rollercoaster I've had regarding all that business that i've had this year, to be handed a paper like the FP2 one we were given today, where there's no second chances...you'll maybe understand the hatred. Sounds a bit dramatic, but those papers do actually have the power to make/break people's dreams and ambitions.
And i think it's less the fact that they're 'hard' and more the fact that they are completely non-standard.

[p.s. I do understand why you like them, not arguing with that...just expressing why my hatred is there]
edexcel maths challenging?

you clearly haven't heard of or seen the syllabus for MEI :rolleyes:

Latest