The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Champagne Breakfast
how about princeton?

Princeton is still a research institution, and as such, most of its faculty is hired based on their research ability, not their teaching ability. Dartmouth doesn't even offer traditional graduate degrees in most fields. It makes sure its professors are good in both research and teaching.
Heard about Dartmouth from Gossip girl and Grey's Anatomy and Princeton from 'A Cinderella story'... Also Brown and Yale and things from the OC...

Ah the joys of television!
Reply 22
I do now...
brightxburns
Yes, I've heard about it, but only because I read (and watched) Gossip Girl.
I always thought of it was one of the lower-echelon Ivies. Not quite up there with Yale and Harvard, but trying its damnedest to get there. Of course, I know basically nothing about it, but that's just the impression I got from..er... Gossip Girl.

:dito: :redface:
Reply 24
wasnt it in superbad?
Reply 25
Which school has better recognition: Columbia or Dartmouth? Which is better prestige-wise?
Reply 26
It was in "She's All That" :redface:
Bismarck
It makes sure its professors are good in both research and teaching.

cool didn't know that
YankeeUK2008
Which school has better recognition: Columbia or Dartmouth? Which is better prestige-wise?

columbia for prestige, judging by the responses of gossip girl fans though dartmouth may well edge it out in terms of recognition nowadays. lol
My friend here in the US applied to Dartmouth, shes in the top 10 of our year, possibly top 5... and she didnt get in. VERY selective, very difficult to get into and top class education.
Only heard of it from superbad and gossip girl :frown:
As far as I was concerned, Dartmouth was a place in Devon, England. So never heard of it no, even though I do watch Gossip Girl.
Dartmouth my dream school...seriously
Im gonna apply next year and lets see if i get in
Did anyone here get in?
Which would be more selective dartmouth or UPenn?
Everyone who matters has heard of it. That's enough.
Reply 34
Ok, so if I have a bachelors from Harvard and an MA from Dartmouth, would that help me out jobwise in London?
YankeeUK2008
Ok, so if I have a bachelors from Harvard and an MA from Dartmouth, would that help me out jobwise in London?

I should say so.
Reply 36
Well thats good news. I am sure its known by the upper crust of Britian.
Reply 37
An MA from Dartmouth? Hmnnn...

I'm quite sure Dartmouth is an awesome school for undergrad. But I'm not sure if its postgrad education is as good and as reputable as its undergrad. The only respected postgrad program at Dartmouth is MBA which is offered by Tuck Business School, the graduate business school of Dartmouth College.
Reply 38
Superbad, and one of my sister's v. good mates goes there.
Reply 39
Dartmouth was voted best college for getting rich by Forbes. This is really interesting. I think its the great alumni network. Dartmouth is gaining ground.

Latest

Trending

Trending