The Student Room Group

HISTORY INDIVIDUAL STUDY!! advice and help appreciated =)

hello
im starting my individual study in history.

i wish to do something on the russian front in world war 2. not sure what field yet, possibly asspects of stalingrad or general russian tactics ectr.

would gladly appreciate any help given to me for possible questions or even just giving me ideas on possibilities of narrowing the field of subjects within this subject.

cheers
A friend of mine investigated the role of Stalingrad in Germany's overall defeat (Something like that.. I'll try to get information from him about it)
Reply 2
you could investigate the factor of scrotched earth policy in comparsion to other factors for the german defeat
Reply 3
Definately do Stalingrad.

Then you can get Antony Beevor's two books:

"Stalingrad" & "Berlin" and make comparisons between the destruction reaped there and the subsequent carnage when the Russians took revenge when they got to Berlin.
Reply 4
hmmm i dunno, advice frrom my hist teacher is to do something very specific, perhaps along the lines of, what factors led to the defeat of the germans in stalingrad.
thx for the suggestions.
01kij114
you could investigate the factor of scrotched earth policy in comparsion to other factors for the german defeat

Thats was I was about to suggest as well.

Latest