The Student Room Group

If I don't get the AS results I want, where else is good for law??Please help!

I got 6 A*s,2 As and 3 Bs at GCSE, but had a bad start to sixth form. This means instead of the AAA I was predicted at the beginning of the year, I may only get AAB/ABB. Even if I do this badly, my teachers may stil predict me AAA/AAB, and I also do the Welsh Baccalaureate (120 UCAS points). Even with high predictions I understand that good unis will look at my AS results.
Are there any other unis that are good and would still look at me for law with these results? Or are predictions more important than results??
Reply 1
Queen Mary is, imo, the best uni that doesn't require AAA. They ask for AAB and they're a decent uni. They're my insurance and if I don't meet my offer for King's I wouldn't mind going there. They do a lot of stuff like mooting, pro bono work, etc so you could get some good experiences there to pop on your cv.

But it would be unlikely for an AAA uni to offer a place to somebody without at least AAA at AS tbh.
Reply 2
Pcok thats useful, but what do you think is the best AAB law uni outside of London or Scotland?
Reply 3
De monfort
Northumbria..... not my cup of tea but I know A LOT of people going there!
It's a very difficult question to answer, Mike. I'm sure some people would disagree with me on this, but I'd advise you to look at all the major law league tables of recent years to get a rough idea of the general levels of law schools.

Also note that many places (such as Southampton and Exeter), whilst technically asking for AAA, will give lower offers out.
Reply 6
Don't forget you can re-sit the exams you don't do as well as you would have liked in and put grade pending on your UCAS application so they wont actually see the grade you got (i think).
Reply 7
MikeHarris
Pcok thats useful, but what do you think is the best AAB law uni outside of London or Scotland?

Why not London? I think it would be advantageous to go to QMUL over a different AAB uni, but there are other unis about the same. I think Liverpool is AAB, and Kent. Sorry if I'm wrong, but if they are AABs then they're pretty good unis. I still think QMUL is better though, but that may just be down to personal opinion. You see I really wanted to go to a uni in London, so that may have biased my view somewhat.
Reply 8
Yeah I live in London and as much as I love it and hope to work here when Im older I see uni as more of an experience, I wanna move away, live somewhere else, away from the parents in a totally different place =] Thats all part of the excitement for me ^_^ My sister goes to Kent and she loves it ^_^
Reply 9
Erm, Leeds is AAA, but with the shiny added extra of General Studies! If you rang them up, they might waive the A in GS for the Welsh Bac thingy?!? I don't know much about it though, I'm afraid...

Latest

Trending

Trending