The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

petalpelt
Thanks, thats actually made me feel a lot better! :redface:

I did a different paper to you (English lit/lang combined as apposed to stand alone lit.. Faustus I believe you did?) But it was honestly aweful, 3 girls came out crying, and one boy actually got up and walked out with like an hour to go.
I mean, its always a difficult paper because the topic of the unseen extracts can literally be anything.. This year it was 'Representations of having a child' with an extract from Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein,' a poem by Sylvia Plath, a 6 line transcript from a radio show of a woman describing her child's birth, and an extract from a magazine, (I think it was cosmo or somthing like that..)
And yeah, i managed to write some utter tripe about sentence types portraying overall attitudes of childbirth. Truely aweful.

My gosh, the structure of your exam sounds horribly like the ELAT test I had to do for Oxford, comparing unseen things. That was HORRIBLE. It's like you don't know where to start! And when you do start there's so many aspects to cover that you can't possible put it together coherently!
I totally sympathise with you. But I have faith that you can do better at it than me, if you've been taught it, and besides we all think we've done rubbish in everything. Perhaps the examiners will be feeling nice.

If not, we can only hope for divine intervention. Oh wait, idea. We plant some magic mushrooms outside the WJEC and make sure homemade risotto is on the menu (y)

I'll be passing the WJEC headquarters tomorrow on my way to my drama exam. I can go and steal your paper and mark it for you if you want? :wink:
Reply 41
EducatingBrogan
My gosh, the structure of your exam sounds horribly like the ELAT test I had to do for Oxford, comparing unseen things. That was HORRIBLE. It's like you don't know where to start! And when you do start there's so many aspects to cover that you can't possible put it together coherently!
I totally sympathise with you. But I have faith that you can do better at it than me, if you've been taught it, and besides we all think we've done rubbish in everything. Perhaps the examiners will be feeling nice.

If not, we can only hope for divine intervention. Oh wait, idea. We plant some magic mushrooms outside the WJEC and make sure homemade risotto is on the menu (y)

I'll be passing the WJEC headquarters tomorrow on my way to my drama exam. I can go and steal your paper and mark it for you if you want? :wink:

lmao.
That sounds bloody marvellous!
Reply 42
I did that Paper but it was last year and I was so surprised that I got a grade A in the ELL6 and I didn't feel very positive after I had completed the exam. It was a complete surprise since we had been told that was the most challenging paper. You have done well in your other modules so, the exam won't bring your result down too much. My Overall grade was a B! Hope this helps : )

Oh just to add, my last section was so rubish too, I had no time so I wrote a terrible piece and the commentry was a little bare. I think our unseen texts were about School, or something on those lines it seems so long ago now!

Hayley
Reply 43
petalpelt
WJEC English Lang/Lit paper today.

And my acceptance into uni was relying on me getting an A in english too.. I reckon I got a D on this paper today :frown:

hi. me again! hey seriously don't worry, there is no right or wrong answer with the creative writing bit. you say you wrote in a first narrative stance, well it's gonna be first person right because it's an autobiography! maybe that extract could show you like re-living it or something, it doesn't sound to me like your piece was wrong. perhaps you could explain in more detail? i'm sure you did fine, it's your own style and they will appreaciate that.

don't ask me what i bloody wrote about, my pieces ended up very bizzare and unconventional, hopefully the examiners will get it...gosh i do hope so. my speech was rather bizzare too, cos the speaker was rather eccentric and somewhat drunk possibly, but i hope my commentary justified it! i never like what tasks they give, so i just try and twist it around so i can do it in my own style (which is usally sarcasm).

very strange topic wasn't it, having a child. i'm glad plath came up cos she's one of my favourites, the transcription was kinda boring, the article a bit funny. but yeah, went over on my time a bit on that one. oh well!
Vjyrik
Your signature hurt me :frown: (I like knowing peoples' grades)

a thousand apologies, they're not impressive though. I DO have a swimming badge with magnificent whale upon it. i know you're jealous, but don't let it overhwelm you.

Latest