The Student Room Group

Not doing as well as you should have

what do you do if this happens ... i have a feeling that i have not done my best.. i revised for all the exams and i'll come out with a bunch of B's and a few C's but i know i can do better and its annoying me knowing that i could have done better if i just got of my ars!

and another thing that is annyoing is that my teachers also think im gonna get and A in their subjects and im like no im not i am the one that has taken the exam i know how i did and i didnt do well.

i am soo angry and annoyed with myself.. i sould have worked harder and everyone i tell this to goes dont worry you will get your A's and im like NO IM NOT I TOOK THE EXAM I KNOW WHAT I GOT AND HOW I DID.

what do i do i dont want to spend the whole summer like this and i cant just forget about it and say whats done is done.
Reply 1
Ah I know exactly how you feel. I'm expected a lot of A's but I did like 1 hour of revision for each subject if that, so I'm not going to get what I should. And I'm SO regretting it now. I guess you could retake. But I guess you should learn from mistakes and do well in A-Levels. Thats what I'm going to do! x
1)it really doesn't matter much how you did
2)there's always retakes
3)what's done is done, no point stressing :p:

people are only trying to be positive.
I feel the same about a few exams but have just had to think positive :smile:

Que Sera Sera. Whatever will be, will be. (I over use this so much, but it's true)

I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Don't worry. I messed up my GCSEs, did no revision at all, when results came out was exceedingly disapointed at myself - I knew I could have done much better. However, over time , I realised that they were still good results and wouldn't ruin my chances, as long as I had four strong at AS levels.

Basically don't worry, just pick yourself up, and try again in your next set.
Reply 5
i promised my mum i was gonna learn from this and get all A's for A LEvel as they are subjects i enjoy..

but i cant stop thinking about these exams .... i basically failed myself. And i cant stop thinking about how i am gonna feel when i have to tell me family and friends that the person they all expected to get A's and A*'s acutally came out with a bunch on B's and a few C's (in languages... i dont like them anyway x )
Reply 6
Well do you want sympathy cause thats what it sounds like. Like others have said, you messed up, you made a mistake but a-levels are the ones that really matter, just learn from your mistake. Done.
cuddles x
what do you do if this happens ... i have a feeling that i have not done my best.. i revised for all the exams and i'll come out with a bunch of B's and a few C's but i know i can do better and its annoying me knowing that i could have done better if i just got of my ars!

and another thing that is annyoing is that my teachers also think im gonna get and A in their subjects and im like no im not i am the one that has taken the exam i know how i did and i didnt do well.

i am soo angry and annoyed with myself.. i sould have worked harder and everyone i tell this to goes dont worry you will get your A's and im like NO IM NOT I TOOK THE EXAM I KNOW WHAT I GOT AND HOW I DID.

what do i do i dont want to spend the whole summer like this and i cant just forget about it and say whats done is done.

I know the feeling of no one listening, but you genuinely probably have, without being patronising, done better than you think you have. People like yourself, myself and many others on here are highly self-critical and perfectionist; we often pick holes in what we did, berate ourselves for not writing something (I do this straight after exams) etc. The fact is, it's something we do - we worry, we think we've failed, but in reality, you'll have been yourself and written (pretty much) what you're capable of.

Have faith in yourself. Ok, perhaps you had a few exams which went badly, and you might not be looking at all A*, but you will probably end up with a mixture of A* and A, with perhaps a B or two. Telling yourself you've failed puts you into that frame of mind wherein you're disappointed months before the results even come out, which serves to try and make you disinterested and not focusing on the results, as you 'know' what you've got (no point hoping for the A*), and also means you'll be happy when you do get slightly (or a lot) better, as you'd expected lower. It's like a sort of safety mechanism.

As others have said, at least it's not like you've failed your A-Levels, which would be a real major disaster and cause for concern. At worst, GCSE Nazis like Durham and LSE could be out of the question in the future.

:smile:
Reply 8
Hmmm i feel a bit like this.. i should be getting about 6 A*'s but i dont think i did well enough in the exams. I really do need them as well as i want to do medicine at university so they look back at everyones GCSE results as well as AS-level and predicted A-level. :frown: Ah well.. theres no going back now; just have to hope and pray that they arent as bad as we think. good luck
Reply 9
ahh this happened to me last year...
i originally has 4A*s 4As 2Bs. before you say, wtf those are good results, I know they are. however, I also know I could have done a LOT better, in particular in the englishes. i was predicted A*s for both, I was on target for this grade in both, and i came out with an A and a B. I was sooo upset on results day, particularly because of lit, as i had put so much into that exam (one i revised most for) and come out with a B. i eventually got it remarked as it was 2 UMS off an A. it went up 7 UMS (wooooo!) so i now have 4A*s 5As and 1B.
nearly a year on, i look at my gcses and think they're actually pretty good. yeah, i could have got A*s in maths and science, but i dont really care. A levels are way more important, and by this time next year the only thought you will give to GCSEs is how you wish you were doing them again rather than AS levels. OP you might be disappointed on results day, but then again you might not (I know someone who predicted themselves 14 Bs/Cs after doing their exams and came out with 8A*s and 6As) Just remember it wont be the end of the world, and enjoy your summer. dont speculate about what you might have got - you'll only make yourself feel worse.
Reply 10
cuddles x
i promised my mum i was gonna learn from this and get all A's for A LEvel as they are subjects i enjoy..

but i cant stop thinking about these exams .... i basically failed myself. And i cant stop thinking about how i am gonna feel when i have to tell me family and friends that the person they all expected to get A's and A*'s acutally came out with a bunch on B's and a few C's (in languages... i dont like them anyway x )

I feel exactly the same. I'm considering some re-sits but I've heard many universities don't like you re-sitting your GCSEs.
Reply 11
clozet
ahh this happened to me last year...
i originally has 4A*s 4As 2Bs. before you say, wtf those are good results, I know they are. however, I also know I could have done a LOT better, in particular in the englishes. i was predicted A*s for both, I was on target for this grade in both, and i came out with an A and a B. I was sooo upset on results day, particularly because of lit, as i had put so much into that exam (one i revised most for) and come out with a B. i eventually got it remarked as it was 2 UMS off an A. it went up 7 UMS (wooooo!) so i now have 4A*s 5As and 1B.
nearly a year on, i look at my gcses and think they're actually pretty good. yeah, i could have got A*s in maths and science, but i dont really care. A levels are way more important, and by this time next year the only thought you will give to GCSEs is how you wish you were doing them again rather than AS levels. OP you might be disappointed on results day, but then again you might not (I know someone who predicted themselves 14 Bs/Cs after doing their exams and came out with 8A*s and 6As) Just remember it wont be the end of the world, and enjoy your summer. dont speculate about what you might have got - you'll only make yourself feel worse.

thanks for the help x
Reply 12
cuddles x

Well frankly speaking, no need maoning about it now, You shouldv'e worked harder! Oh well at least you've realsied your mistake

Well why don't you make a new start at A Levels and prove yourself by gettnig straight A's or something similar to that.

I understand your problem, stop worrying and enjoy your summer! :biggrin:

Good Luck ! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Thanks everyone x

Latest