The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I can't really say for certain what my offer will be. My interviewer hadn't spoken to Richard at this point, it was just what he said to my parents, as a probable offer. I have a feeling it will be ABB. Do you think you can manage AAB? What other A-levels are you doing?
The computer science guy didn't seem particularly enthusiastic, he seemed quite into his subject though, and he seemed really nice.
Lol, we so didn't have any interesting discussions. we didn't talk about maths at all, except for the structure of the course. I prefer talking about more general things in interviews, not that it has much to do with maths, but y'know.
Hmmm... well out of all the uni's i've applied to I would probably say it's between Birmingham and Edinburgh. I haven't seen edinburgh yet, but i'm hoping to in February. I don't think my dad is too keen on me going to edinburgh, seeing as i live in south devon, which is nearly as far south as you can get in england, and we'd have to drive up there to take all my stuff up etc. It sounds really nice, and it's meant to be good for maths, although i got an offer of ABC. I went to see reading a few months ago, it's quite a nice leafy campus, but i think it's quite cheeky to ask for 300 points from A2 results like (possibly) birmingham and edinburgh are, and reading is like 15th according to the times uni guide for maths. I applied there though. I have to wait til I have seen edinburgh before i decide which my first place goes to. I don't know about my insurance :frown:
Have you seen/applied to York? I went there in the summer and I really didn't think it was a very nice uni at all. I thought the city was really nice, and i expected the uni to be older, but it wasn't, it wasn't too nice.
Yeah maths with sport science is a bit of a weird combo. I don't really get why one would do that, but anyway.
Lol no one in my group really talked either, i think people just wanted to go home. i know i did, coz i'd seen it all before! grr.. i spoke to a girl called leah a bit, she seemed nice, but pretty fashion conscious which i don't really expect from people wanting to do maths. i don't know why, i guess it's just me.

TREV1122 was it an interview for birmingham?
Reply 41
Dill
I can't really say for certain what my offer will be. My interviewer hadn't spoken to Richard at this point, it was just what he said to my parents, as a probable offer. I have a feeling it will be ABB.

I'm sure you'll do well, whatever the offer is ^^.

Do you think you can manage AAB? What other A-levels are you doing?

I should be able to manage it but will have to work hard. I'm doing A2 Maths, AS+A2 Further Maths, A2 Biology, A2 ICT and A2 general studies. I just concentrate on Maths and Biology obviously. I used to actually enjoy using computers at GCSE level but now despise ICT. It's extremely tedious for me.
Hopefully i'm aiming for AAABA respectively, but it's definitely not going to be easy and they are just 'aims'.

Lol, we so didn't have any interesting discussions. we didn't talk about maths at all, except for the structure of the course. I prefer talking about more general things in interviews, not that it has much to do with maths, but y'know.

That's a personal preference i guess but i hate tedious questions that don't have any relevence to my application. What motorway did i come up? EH?

I've heard Edinburgh is good for maths. I was going to apply for st andrews but the Msci math is a 5 year course over there and i wasn't sure about living in scotland.

Have you seen/applied to York? I went there in the summer and I really didn't think it was a very nice uni at all. I thought the city was really nice, and i expected the uni to be older, but it wasn't, it wasn't too nice.

Yes, i've applied there but haven't been to see it yet or heard from them yet.

]Lol no one in my group really talked either, i think people just wanted to go home. i know i did, coz i'd seen it all before! grr.. i spoke to a girl called leah a bit

I felt a bit like going home after the interview, it sapped a little of my enthusiasm.

she seemed nice, but pretty fashion conscious which i don't really expect from people wanting to do maths. i don't know why, i guess it's just me.

I know what you mean, but at least not everyone going to do maths is eccentric. There was one stereotypical mathematics person (grey pullover, glasses etc.) in my group but hey, don't judge a cliche by its cover.

I've applied to Bristol/Durham/Warwick/Leeds/Birmingham/York.
At the minute i'm thinking along the lines of:
Firm[Bristol, Durham, Warwick]
Insurance[York, Leeds]
and i'm not sure where to place Birmingham, i'll have to decide, depending on my offer.
I'm becoming more and more impressed with Bristol though, i look forward to going there.

Latest