The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mc_watson87
"We enjoyed meeting you at your recent interview, but I regret that we are unable to offer you a place at Imperial College School of Medicine" :frown:

Sh*t, sorry to hear that man. Was it one of your first choices?
Reply 21
Quiksilver
they only rejected you because you're not a nerd... :smile:

Damn! You beat me too that comment :wink: :smile:
Reply 22
bOdOING2
A quick question... when did u apply?? is it the eariler u apply the quicker u get an interview??

No - it depends on the order the UCAS forms come back to the med schools admissions office from the selectors.
Reply 23
Erm, okay so lets say Imperial is a nerdy university as everyone makes out to be, that doesn't stop people applying there does it ?

Why insult a university just because of your experience. I personnally think its wrong and cheap to insult a uni just because you got rejected. Everyone should know that you aren't guaranteed an offer from any university before applying!

If your wanting to succeed in medicine, then disappointments are something which one must face and take on the chin. Good Luck mc_watson87 with your other choices.
Reply 24
s-k
Erm, okay so lets say Imperial is a nerdy university as everyone makes out to be, that doesn't stop people applying there does it ?

Why insult a university just because of your experience. I personnally think its wrong and cheap to insult a uni just because you got rejected. Everyone should know that you aren't guaranteed an offer from any university before applying!

If your wanting to succeed in medicine, then disappointments are something which one must face and take on the chin.

mc_watson didnt insult it once :confused:
Reply 25
chats
mc_watson didnt insult it once :confused:

The post wasn't addressed to him (but to some of the responses) was it now otherwise i would have sent a pm instead.
Reply 26
s-k
The post wasn't addressed to him, (but to some of the responses) now was it otherwise i would have sent a pm instead.

but hes the one that got rejected and you said ''no need to insult just because you got rejected''

every uni has nerds, the people that said it were probably joking
Reply 27
chats
but hes the one that got rejected and you said ''no need to insult just because you got rejected''

every uni has nerds, the people that said it were probably joking

HAHA! v funny joke indeed.

Maybe if you read this thread more closely you'll see that apart from mc_watson other people got rejected from Imperial too!

Every uni has nerds, every uni hands out rejections, every university doing medicine produces doctors!! Its Life deal with it! Being rejected should be no excuse to slag of a university, that you thought was good enough for you before you got your rejection.
Reply 28
The comments were meant to be a joke, as a consolation

jeesus
Reply 29
hihihihi
The comments were meant to be a joke, as a consolation

jeesus

some people have no sympathy for others
Reply 30
Hes not a baby, hes not going to commit suicide. If he is then the rejection was the correct decision.

If your such a kind and caring person that you cant stop your deep desire and need to consolidate his feelings than do it in a more mature manner.
Reply 31
s-k
Hes not a baby, hes not going to commit suicide. If he is then the rejection was a right decision.

If your such a kind and caring person that you cant stop your deep desire and need to consolidate his feelings than do it in a more mature manner.

have you been rejected in life???...................many times???
Reply 32
chats
have you been rejected in life???...................many times???

No more than the average person and like all your silly replies so far.. I don't see where your heading with this!

Ive made my feelings clear on the matter, good night!
Reply 33
s-k

I made the comment that Imperial were 'losers' (because they rejected me as well as the original poster) but I was joking (which I thought I made clear with the :wink: ). It is quite clear that comments like these are only made as a joke to cheer someone up. I am fully aware of the fact that Imperial is an excellent university and wouldn't have applied there if this wasn't the case.

I can assure you that when I was rejected from places back when I was applying, ALL my friends and family made comments such as 'You wouldn't have liked it there anyway, it's a dump,' and 'shows how rubbish they are if they don't want you.' I always knew these comments were jokes and they DID make me feel slightly superficially better :wink:

I cannot believe you honestly thought the comments on this thread were serious insults directed towards Imperial.
Reply 34
mc_watson87
"We enjoyed meeting you at your recent interview, but I regret that we are unable to offer you a place at Imperial College School of Medicine" :frown:

unlucky darling :frown: nevermind, hope your other choices are coming along well :smile:
Reply 35
being objective..

you did really well to get an interview at Imperial, especially this early. i remember when i applied getting an interview was a major hurdle there, as they interview a much smaller % than everywhere else..

shame about the result, but they're obviously not the right med. school for you if they don't appreciate you..! :tongue:

& i remember meeting people i met at imperial (who subsequently received rejections) at other interviews like Bristol.. so i should think they all got offers somewhere after being called for a few interviews. + one of the medics at my college now was straight out rejected by imperial without even an interview. :rolleyes:

you may wnat to request interview feedback from them.. when you're not feeling quite so hurt.. pfff.. rejection isn't nice (i remember! :frown: ) & you think you could take it constructively..

& it may help your confidence to do some brushing up on interview technique though..? keep extra aware of current medical issues / research the NHS / looks up some typical questions & think about them / have a mock interview & consider things like body language & making a positive impression with speaking to an audience etc?

HTH
Reply 36
One word...

GIMPERIAL!
Reply 37
two words..

GROW UP !
Reply 38
s-k
two words..

GROW UP !

You need to chill out! It's called friendly inter-university rivalry! Gimperial, St Gay Orgies etc.

We played Gimperial medics at Netball on Monday, and their Wing Attack was pissed out of her skull - ended up falling over nothing and buggering up her ankle. so not all Gimpies are dull, some are stupid :wink: :smile:
Reply 39
So what do the other universites call Barts than? ... hope you didn't lose to the dull stupid 'Gimperials' :wink:

Latest