The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't use it a lot 'cos I'm paranoid, some CDs/music I can't wait for, others I just like to have in my hands, this is one of them! I'll find some way to work it out, whether that means getting a cheap flight to Germany or not is by the by! :p:
Reply 41
Pippi Langstrumpf is quite difficult to read actually; if you want to read something by Astrid Lindgren, read Michel in der Suppenschuessel. :biggrin:

If you want to read German children books, which I really recommend (I do this a LOT in foreign languages and it is such fun!), read

Der Raeuber Hotzenplotz by Ottfried Preussler. I gave this to my American flatmate when I was in the US - he was studying linguistics and he still loved it. Cracking plot and full of action. :biggrin:

More serious and much darker (even sinister) - Krabat by the same author. This is such an excellent book, it's not really for children IMO.., but still quite easy to read.

Where was I? Oh yes and
by Michael Ende:
Momo and Die unendliche Geschichte as has already been said but definitely also Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivfuehrer and Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13 (sequel). It's full of physics that doesn't work. :biggrin:

Hmm.. got to think of some more. :smile:
I can thoroughly recommend Herr der Diebe (well, the English version at least :redface:), it's a fab book! I'm tempted to watch the film but I don't know if I can cope with the murdering of the storyline. I haven't got far into the German version despite having it for a year and a bit but I'm slowly working up the courage to open it again. :p:
Reply 43
The movie is very nice. Bo is so cute and - what-was-his-name? lol - is HOT. I didn't read the book before the movie though! So I don't know how faithful the movie is - movie-adaptations can be a bit annoying if you liked the book.
I loved the book... Do you mean the Thief Lord? I was a bit disappointed when it turned out in the book that he was only 15, haha. :redface:
Reply 45
kiss_me_now9
I loved the book... Do you mean the Thief Lord? I was a bit disappointed when it turned out in the book that he was only 15, haha. :redface:

No though he was hot too I think lol. I meant Bo's elder brother. Prospero??
Ah, Prosper, lol. I always saw him as a bit weedy... Sweet though.
ok, i have 2 pages open right now.....
1 with the link to buy "Die Mutter-Mafia" which sounds intreguing (yes, i realise i can't spell).
another with a link to buy "ich fuel mich so fifty fifty":p:
i want something that will look good on my personal statement, which would be better?
Reply 48
Die Mutter-Mafia, certainly! Everybody has read Ich fühle mich do fifty-fifty for A-Level (well, most people...I haven't!:p:).
that's what i thought. i didn't want to sound so...predictable.
Reply 50
Yeah! By all means though, read them both. You can never read too many books!:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending