The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does any1 know what the overtime pay rate for working in waitrose.
Someone told me its pay and a half?? is this true??

Do they let some1 from one department do overtime in another department?
Reply 2041
answermaquestion
Does any1 know what the overtime pay rate for working in waitrose.
Someone told me its pay and a half?? is this true??

No that is not correct, you get flat rate up to 39 hours, then time and a half after that.
Lucy King
No that is not correct, you get flat rate up to 39 hours, then time and a half after that.

thats per week, if you work full time though right??
other wise i am entitled to alot more pay... (cause i did more then 39 hours overtime last month)
answermaquestion

But it is time and a half for sundays and nights, otherwise it is normal pay.
And you can do overtime for any section you want as long as you are trained to do the job (no point doing checkouts if you are not till trained)
Thats per week - doesn't matter if you work PT or FT.

i.e. You contractually work 18 hours one week, you then do 21 hours of OT at your normal pay rate, after this any additional OT is paid at 1.5 rate.

Time and half on Sundays
Nights - isn't time and half, you get a premium.
OrangeStu
Thats per week - doesn't matter if you work PT or FT.

i.e. You contractually work 18 hours one week, you then do 21 hours of OT at your normal pay rate, after this any additional OT is paid at 1.5 rate.

Time and half on Sundays
Nights - isn't time and half, you get a premium.

Nice... that means last week i got a little premium - like an hour!! (worked 4/41 hours last week, only 11 are contract though)
While we're on the topic are bank holidays time and a half?
Friendly_cow
While we're on the topic are bank holidays time and a half?

I do believe they are- i got paid time and a half for the last bank holiday.
Reply 2047
Lucy King
They are 12% discount I JL.

If you buy the iPod at JL the discount is 12%, but if it's one of a handful of JL electrical products included in the new extended Waitrose Deliver catalogue, you can order it through Waitrose and you should get the usual 15% Waitrose discount.

(AFAIK this is correct - I haven't tried yet, but I remeber reading something about this discrepancy in couple of letters in the Gazette and Chronicle a few months back.)
Ok guys, I just booked myself a group interview with waitrose. What can I expect at this group interview? any activities, tasks and tips would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 2049
If anyone has a copy of the "essential instructions" "guide" to the new business dress and access to a scanner could they please e mail me a copy.

My e mail is [redacted by mods]

It will be useful for the guide.
I've had some uniform delivered, they have sent me 2 section manager White blouses! I'm non management! They said to me today that they would rather me wear these tha the black shirt I have at the moment. I would still have to wear a Apron as well so I'm not regonised as a manager. Do you think I should say to them that I'd rather wear the black until I get a proper uniform blouse.
xxKirstyxxPauldingxx
I've had some uniform delivered, they have sent me 2 section manager White blouses! I'm non management! They said to me today that they would rather me wear these tha the black shirt I have at the moment. I would still have to wear a Apron as well so I'm not regonised as a manager. Do you think I should say to them that I'd rather wear the black until I get a proper uniform blouse.

What branch do you work at as I saw someone today wearing a black shirt on checkouts...
I'd wear the SM blouses if I were you.
xxKirstyxxPauldingxx

i'd go with the white shirts, the uniform situation can't get anymore confusing, or at least not at my branch- and as long as most people know who the management are no one will confuse you (unless you have new management starting)
Leighthesim
i'd go with the white shirts, the uniform situation can't get anymore confusing, or at least not at my branch- and as long as most people know who the management are no one will confuse you (unless you have new management starting)

But White shirts = dirt espically when I'm on dry goods
xxKirstyxxPauldingxx
But White shirts = dirt espically when I'm on dry goods

I work on fresh and have a old style blouse- that does get rather grubby, but you have an apron so you should be alright. Our SM manages to keep his shirt clean- he spends alot of time on the shop floor and in the warehouse helping us, so it should stay fine..
Reply 2055
Leighthesim
I work on fresh and have a old style blouse- that does get rather grubby, but you have an apron so you should be alright. Our SM manages to keep his shirt clean- he spends alot of time on the shop floor and in the warehouse helping us, so it should stay fine..

I'd just wear the sm blouses and a apron/tabard over that.

I wear a apron for most of my shifts at Waitrose, but I do wear the old uniform. I have no issues with them, and do see why more people don't wear them they really are a godsend, espically with Leakey packets and boxes. Yuck!
Reply 2056
Is it possible to use our discount on John Lewis online? if so how do i do it?
Reply 2057
mikey1
Is it possible to use our discount on John Lewis online? if so how do i do it?

AFAIK the only way to get the discount when shopping online is if you pay using your own Partnership credit card where partner discount is automatically included for partners.

(If you use a partnership credit card in JL, you don't have to show your discount card to have partner discount deducted from the bill. In Waitrose and the Foodhalls you do have to shop your discount card as they use a different till system.)
Leighthesim
i would continue to wear the apron TBH, because the body warmers are really hard to wash if you get stuff on them- had to wash the three month old cream off mine anyway, then spilt milk on it so had to wash it, but it took hours to dry in the tumble dryer, if i had an apron it would be easier, i also wouldn't have got yogurt, cream and soup down my skirt on several occasions.

I have just started to wear a apron (im 17) on FRV as my blouses are getting a bit mankey, and I know that it will be a mission to get hold of new blouses.

I know what you mean about the body warmers, they are a nightmare to wash and take ages to dry.

Personally I wish that I wore an apron ages ago, but probably wouldn't of started to if the uniform issues wern't happening.
lisa rogers
I have just started to wear a apron (im 17) on FRV as my blouses are getting a bit mankey, and I know that it will be a mission to get hold of new blouses.

I know what you mean about the body warmers, they are a nightmare to wash and take ages to dry.

Personally I wish that I wore an apron ages ago, but probably wouldn't of started to if the uniform issues wern't happening.

The body warmers are a pain in the bum to get clean (and keep them clean) i washed mine last week (after having cream on it for 3 months) but i already have cheese sauce on the sleeve.
I have one blouse though and work three days most weekends (do friday and saturday anyway, and then sunday most weeks)

Latest