The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lucy King
The time schedule depends on how the branch operates generally it can be 9 till 5, 9 till 6, 10 till 7 etc. But it depends from the branch. You do have to keep your shirts tucked in. You also have to do at least one late night per week and every other Saturday and possibly Sundays depending on the branch.

Ahh right thats cool, thanks ... i hate wearing ties hmmm, do you have to wear ties in cheese? Whats the uniform like in the cheese section?
Reply 21
If you're talking about the chilled section where the cheese is then that's where I work (fresh foods).... and you have to wear a tie.
But it's a clip on tie, so doesn't even feel like you're wearing it! Also, if they try to give you a short-sleeved shirt, request a long sleeved one immediately. One day of working with a short-sleeved meant I had all sorts of scratches and leaked products covering my arms by the end :mad:

The counters uniform is completely different though, they wear full whites and a hat.

& I was told that overtime is only available once you're fully trained, which could be a few weeks after starting (depending on whether the Section Manager thinks you're capable enough to work without instruction).

Does anybody know how long it is before people on other sections get trained to operate the checkouts?
Reply 22
I got trained before I'd even started on my section (wines).
Been working for WR for 2 months now...get paid this week, wooo!
Reply 23
P2B
If you're talking about the chilled section where the cheese is then that's where I work (fresh foods).... and you have to wear a tie.
But it's a clip on tie, so doesn't even feel like you're wearing it! Also, if they try to give you a short-sleeved shirt, request a long sleeved one immediately. One day of working with a short-sleeved meant I had all sorts of scratches and leaked products covering my arms by the end :mad:

The counters uniform is completely different though, they wear full whites and a hat.

& I was told that overtime is only available once you're fully trained, which could be a few weeks after starting (depending on whether the Section Manager thinks you're capable enough to work without instruction).

Does anybody know how long it is before people on other sections get trained to operate the checkouts?

Overtime is avaialble once you are fully trained, it depends on branch how quickly you will get trained on checkouts. However they do not really give overtime to partners who work full time eg:39 hrs. Any overtime will be offered to part time partners first.

The counters uniform is different, that is chef's whites, hat and apron.
Reply 24
My 3 month review should be fairly soon. Anyone had it? How much did your pay go up?

And is pay-day the last friday of every month? Seems random to me!
Reply 25
Sam o0o
My 3 month review should be fairly soon. Anyone had it? How much did your pay go up?

And is pay-day the last friday of every month? Seems random to me!

Pay Day is never later than the 26th each month. Your pay should be reviewed at your 3 month meeting.

A list of pay dates are availalbe at www.partnerconnect.co.uk you can find the password and user name in your branch.
Reply 26
Ah ok cool, thanks!
I heard it just goes up by 5p/hour or something stupid like that though...
Reply 27
i heard that after 3 months, it goes up but roughly 30p..
Reply 28
Sam o0o
Ah ok cool, thanks!
I heard it just goes up by 5p/hour or something stupid like that though...

Once you have completed 3 months it should be on the pay scale and you should go from "Base" to a grading.
Reply 29
how many days is the paid holliday for a part-timer??
Reply 30
mills
how many days is the paid holliday for a part-timer??

All holiday depends on how many days you work per week. It is "4" weeks per year. Holiday year Runs 1st Feb - 31st Jan. No holiday can be taken in December, Stocktake weeks and around the Easter period.

Thanks
Lucy
Reply 31
This probably depends on the manager, but how do they react when you try and change hours?
I'm going to have to...I wouldn't be able to keep up with 6th form work next year if I carry on with the hours I'm on now.
Reply 32
Sam o0o
This probably depends on the manager, but how do they react when you try and change hours?
I'm going to have to...I wouldn't be able to keep up with 6th form work next year if I carry on with the hours I'm on now.

Normarly they understand hours due to uni/college,school work it is a good idea to let them know that you need to change your hours as early as you know. Bear in mind that youre not the "only" person who will need this to happen!
Reply 33
waitrose employees recieve cheap cinema tickets, is there a limit they are allowed to spend?? also do you know what discounts we recieve at the reebok sports centre gym??
Reply 34
Those UCI/Odeon tickets for £4.30, there is no limit on how many you can buy.
I'm not sure about the gym, you could always ring and ask, either them or Waitrose. I'm actually doing to be joining a gym soon, so I'd be interested to know!
Reply 35
ok thanks, them tickets will come in very handy, im just glad theres no price limit on them, like £60. but about the gym, from the benifits book, there is a discount at fitness first gyms, but i walked around the reebok centre the other day and i was told that we recieve hafl price membershio, only 55 a month instead of 100, and im not sure if we are given a discount on things such as personel trainers.
ill have to look into it.
Reply 36
mills
waitrose employees recieve cheap cinema tickets, is there a limit they are allowed to spend?? also do you know what discounts we recieve at the reebok sports centre gym??

Not too sure on gym membership all details off all offers available are on www.partnerconnect.co.uk you will be able to find out the user id in your branch.
Reply 37
Does anybody know where I can find my Employee Number?

Just trying to access the O2 offer, and it asks me for it....
Reply 38
P2B
Does anybody know where I can find my Employee Number?

Just trying to access the O2 offer, and it asks me for it....

Look on your payslip it will be underneath your name, or ask your SM to look it up on Partnerlink for you.

And the o2 offer is really good value.
Reply 39
ahh wicked ill do that 2moro

ye, im guna use the discount to get the new iPhone :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i was prepared 2 buy it at full contract price, so 30% off just makes the deal amaaaaziinnggg :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending