The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5880
Can anyone please tell me the cut off dates for aprils (todays!) payday? Also, how are we meant to know our usernames for http://www.partnerconnect.co.uk/? Thanks.
Original post by blue_
Can anyone please tell me the cut off dates for aprils (todays!) payday? Also, how are we meant to know our usernames for http://www.partnerconnect.co.uk/? Thanks.

14th April was the cut off! And the username for Partner Connect is generic, should be listed in branch or at the back of your handbook.
ahh, never got through to the interview stage of supermarket assistant PT, guess its because of my lack of experience :frown: ... there's always other jobs in the sea... oh yeah, Double-dip recession.
Reply 5883
Can any one tell me how waitrose reference. I have been accepted for supermarket assistant . Do they reference me now?
I have had 2 prrvious jobvs, and i put one job and one personal reference.
What happens next?:confused:
Reply 5884
Original post by October's Very Own
ahh, never got through to the interview stage of supermarket assistant PT, guess its because of my lack of experience :frown: ... there's always other jobs in the sea... oh yeah, Double-dip recession.
Don't be disheartened by it! I hadn't had a job before I applied for Waitrose and it was the first job application I had ever made! It's probably because there is always so much competition for the jobs - there were 15 people who were interviewed for one position when I had mine and not everyone got an interview. So you have already made it further than others did in the process! Basically, I got very lucky! Just keep checking the Waitrose Jobs website and something will eventually come from it. :smile:

Original post by Anya543
Can any one tell me how waitrose reference. I have been accepted for supermarket assistant . Do they reference me now?
I have had 2 prrvious jobvs, and i put one job and one personal reference.
What happens next?:confused:
I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I wasn't told when they contacted my references. I'm pretty sure that if you have been accepted already and you have it in writing, that they will already have checked with your references. :smile:
Reply 5885
Didn't get the job. :frown:
Original post by Pi!
Didn't get the job. :frown:

interview?:frown: I was rejected about 8 times before I finally got one!
Reply 5887
Hi.

I have an group assessment coming soon and i was wondering what in store for?

1)questions they will ask me
2)what group work would i be doing?
3)will it be easy or hard?
4)any tips or anything else i can do?

i really love to get this job as ive been hoping for ages..

thanks
I'm thinking off applying for the position of Assistant Section Manager within Waitrose, can anyone explain to me what it is and what the pay is? I currently work as a Team Leader in The Co-operative and am looking at moving to a more respectable and professional company where I can work my way up without finding myself against a wall, as I quite often feel that in The Co-operative I am undervalued due to being only 22 and feel that within The Co-op my age has become a detriment to my career climbing.

I've read afew of the posts (granted, not all 295 pages worth of them!) and have seen most people say good things about Waitrose as a company, so I'm just really wondering whether someone could clear up for me whether Assistant Section Manager is the equivilent of Team Leader (or Store Supervisor as its otherwise known) or if not, what position is, and if anyone has any clue on the rough pay for the job!

Thanks in advance,
Andy.
Original post by Labinopper
I'm thinking off applying for the position of Assistant Section Manager within Waitrose, can anyone explain to me what it is and what the pay is? I currently work as a Team Leader in The Co-operative and am looking at moving to a more respectable and professional company where I can work my way up without finding myself against a wall, as I quite often feel that in The Co-operative I am undervalued due to being only 22 and feel that within The Co-op my age has become a detriment to my career climbing.

I've read afew of the posts (granted, not all 295 pages worth of them!) and have seen most people say good things about Waitrose as a company, so I'm just really wondering whether someone could clear up for me whether Assistant Section Manager is the equivilent of Team Leader (or Store Supervisor as its otherwise known) or if not, what position is, and if anyone has any clue on the rough pay for the job!

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

It sounds like you work in a small "convenience" type store. If so, we do have an equivalent position in Waitrose convenience, also called Team Leader IIRC or something along those lines.

In large supermarkets the structure is slightly different. Team Leaders are non-management staff who are basically responsible for supervising their colleagues when there is no manager around to do so. Each section in the supermarket (fresh, ambient, customer service etc) has a Section Manager who is responsible for that section and they have one or more Assistant Section Managers, who do more supervising, and work more on the shop floor with their team.

The pay varies massively depending on where you're working, but JLP has a policy of paying people according to their performance, so bear in mind that your pay will go up if you're good at what you do.

This page is pretty good at outlining the role of an ASM: http://www.jlpjobs.com/jobs/waitrose-jobs-management.htm
This may be a silly question. I'm applying for the supermarket assisstant job at a local waitrose and in the description it says that it is a temporary one. For the question where it says 'are you looking for a permanent/temporary position?', do I say temporary because that is what they want, or permanent because that is what I am looking for? (Although I don't mind being temporary).
Reply 5891
Original post by Rhiannan94
This may be a silly question. I'm applying for the supermarket assisstant job at a local waitrose and in the description it says that it is a temporary one. For the question where it says 'are you looking for a permanent/temporary position?', do I say temporary because that is what they want, or permanent because that is what I am looking for? (Although I don't mind being temporary).

Jobs with us almost always start out as temporary and then turn perm if you're a fit. It just makes it easier to get rid of someone who isn't up to the job if they're hired for a temp period first. Put what you're actually looking for.
I'm working 11:30-4:30 tomorrow, do I get a break? (forgot to check the chart today!)
Reply 5893
Original post by Elvendork
I'm working 11:30-4:30 tomorrow, do I get a break? (forgot to check the chart today!)
Yeah, you will get a break. I think it's 20 minutes for a 4-6 hour shift. See you thereee (for the last 30 minutes of your shift)! :smile:
Original post by T0MM3H
Yeah, you will get a break. I think it's 20 minutes for a 4-6 hour shift. See you thereee (for the last 30 minutes of your shift)! :smile:

That was for my shift yesterday (Monday) and I did get a break :smile: will see you today, I'm doing 11:30-7:30pm!
Reply 5895
Original post by T0MM3H

15 mins for 4 hours, 20 mins for 6 hours, 30 minutes for 7 hours, 45 for 9 hours and an hour for either 10/11 hours.

Obviously, this changes if you take a lunch :smile:
Reply 5896
HOW CAN I GET A JOB AT WAITROSE IN BRIGHTON!!

eager for help!
Original post by lulubird
HOW CAN I GET A JOB AT WAITROSE IN BRIGHTON!!

eager for help!

From what I've heard there isn't anything at that branch until August/September but just keep checking the website :smile:
Reply 5898
#TeamJohnLewis even though were on the same team.
Hey, I work at the waitrose in notts.
Was just wondering if anyone else had heard of the new community matters scheme where we donate our time as well as the money? Is anyone else doing this/done this? I'm going to put my name forward and see what happens! :smile: