The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8780
Original post by pleasehelpmee
got the job!!! quick question what sort of things do you do in the ambient section?

I worked on the ambient section for three months and left recently as I was only a temp haha. Anyway, on Ambient you're basically shelf-stacking anything that isn't kept in a refrigerator. Such as tinned goods, pasta, drinks and also non-food items such as nappies & toothpaste. I loved ambient as it isn't as cold as fresh haha.

Good luck:biggrin:
:confused:
Original post by Deepti12
Meanine :colone:

Anyways I applied for the job..I thought might as well..kinda nervous as this will be my first ever job ( that is if I even get the job)

Do you know how long it takes to know wether you have an interview with them or not?

hey first time i applied, they emailed me within 2 weeks telling me i was invited to the group interview, i attended and was placed on hold, and didnt get a job

this time i applied, i waited over 3 weeks, no emails this time, got a call from the manager and missed it, called back and it was her telling me i was invited for the group interview. attended that on saturday, and received a rejection email yesterday. i was gutted and decided to call back and ask for interview feedback this morning and guess what she said i was going to call you later on today and congratulated me saying i got the job! waheyyyy

edit: btw whats meanine?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CherelleFairuz
what branch is this

finchley, why?
Original post by Izy97
I worked on the ambient section for three months and left recently as I was only a temp haha. Anyway, on Ambient you're basically shelf-stacking anything that isn't kept in a refrigerator. Such as tinned goods, pasta, drinks and also non-food items such as nappies & toothpaste. I loved ambient as it isn't as cold as fresh haha.

Good luck:biggrin:

yeaaah buddy:biggrin: thanks:smile: i have not received a confirmation email yet so it still doesnt feel real
Reply 8784
Original post by pleasehelpmee
yeaaah buddy:biggrin: thanks:smile: i have not received a confirmation email yet so it still doesnt feel real

I loved my time at Waitrose I wish I didn't have to leave haha - the people I worked with were really nice and the work isn't too hard.
Be prepared you may get dirty - some of the things from the warehouse are filthy haha!
Original post by Izy97
I loved my time at Waitrose I wish I didn't have to leave haha - the people I worked with were really nice and the work isn't too hard.
Be prepared you may get dirty - some of the things from the warehouse are filthy haha!

yea i cant wait to start now:biggrin:

you know what if they want me to get dirty, im prepared to get dirty hahhaa
I was told in my recent interview that it is time 1/2.

Original post by BWCW
Sundays are normal pay now - not time and a half, if that's what you were thinking. :frown:
Reply 8787
Original post by camcam88

Do you know if that's time and 1/2 just if you're doing overtime on Sunday or is it no matter if overtime or normal shift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 8788

Oh, maybe it differs from store to store... I work Sundays at John Lewis and get the standard rate! :frown:
the manager said it as normal i qoute "you can earn a little extra because it is time half on sundays" i am contracted for sunday, not overtime.

Original post by al3ks
Do you know if that's time and 1/2 just if you're doing overtime on Sunday or is it no matter if overtime or normal shift?

Reply 8790
the manager said it as normal i qoute "you can earn a little extra because it is time half on sundays" i am contracted for sunday, not overtime.

Oh ok thanks.

Can someone explain overtime to me please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by princesskimana
Can someone explain overtime to me please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would you like to know?

Hi all!

I got a job recently at waitrose and I'm going to be on 'food service' can anyone tell me what this department does/consists off?
Partner link is not very helpful argh! why have they got e-learning not accessible from a personal pc, only partner pcs? are they expecting me to do this within my working hours, or as overtime? how do I order my uniform? what do I wear on the first day? arrrgh so many questions. Can anyone help. I have 3 days to go.
Reply 8796
hey guys,

I've recently been offered a job (and accepted) BUT I am unable to do the work hours which they have given me. I'm also unable to start on the actual start date as I'm currently doing jury service...

Can someone suggest what the best thing to do is??
Original post by princesskimana
What it is,
Who can do it.. Etc..

Starting at waitrose in two weeks today:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Overtime does depend on your branch and section needs, you can work up to 39 hours per week but generally you can't go over that. You get your flat rate up to 39 hours, but after 39 hours it goes to time and a half which they will only pay up to 39 hours.

You need to do the hours for your own section first, so customer service if they don't need you to work then you can work for another section.
Original post by k15924
hey guys,

I've recently been offered a job (and accepted) BUT I am unable to do the work hours which they have given me. I'm also unable to start on the actual start date as I'm currently doing jury service...

Can someone suggest what the best thing to do is??

If you have accepted a job, then the chances are you will have to work the hours as that is what you have agreed to do. You need to do those hours as that is what you have been recruited for..

Jury service won't be a issue, providing you let them know.
Reply 8799
Partner link is not very helpful argh! why have they got e-learning not accessible from a personal pc, only partner pcs? are they expecting me to do this within my working hours, or as overtime? how do I order my uniform? what do I wear on the first day? arrrgh so many questions. Can anyone help. I have 3 days to go.

You can do your training programmes on partner link at the branch during your shift, it shouldn't be a problem. But as a new partner I was doing them on the software on the branch pcs.

The uniform is ordered for you, you don't have to worry about it.

For the first day just wear something smart.

Chillax and you'll be fine. :wink:

Latest