The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phb97
Check with your PCM. Some of the new starters at my Branch have had the same issue!

Yeah I got it last week lol
Original post by Shaniah96
Yeah I got it last week lol

But what's the point in giving it to me when I'm only temporay and my contract ends end of the month
Reply 9262
Original post by dakanabelle
This is a John Lewis question but has anybody had any luck in trying to transfer to a different store just for the summer? It seems like there's zero jobs going at the moment even though I was told there should be advertised starting this month due to the new budgets.

Hi!

I'm trying to transfer from Waitrose to John Lewis which is proving impossible due to the cut in hours...

My SM told me that there *should* a load of vacancies shortly once all the rota's and stuff have been reviewed and hours changed to be more efficient across all branches (WR & JL), but in our branch that seems to be taking a while!

Good Luck! :biggrin:
Original post by phb97
Hi!

I'm trying to transfer from Waitrose to John Lewis which is proving impossible due to the cut in hours...

My SM told me that there *should* a load of vacancies shortly once all the rota's and stuff have been reviewed and hours changed to be more efficient across all branches (WR & JL), but in our branch that seems to be taking a while!

Good Luck! :biggrin:

From what my SM has told me the chances of transferring anywhere in the partnership are quite slim because everyone is over their staffing budgets :/ Hope what you said is true though! I quite enjoy the discount card, I'd hate to give it up. That and finding another job in Exeter is a bit of a struggle.
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can claim discount on the John Lewis website when purchasing something? I informed my ASM and she only updated my personal information on the system such as the email address and suggested that it should work from now on.

Thanks.
Original post by Drake93
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can claim discount on the John Lewis website when purchasing something? I informed my ASM and she only updated my personal information on the system such as the email address and suggested that it should work from now on.

Thanks.

Hi,
As long as your discount is registered to your email address that you log into with JohnLewis.com, you will be able to claim discount after you enter your payment details.
When you click checkout and enter your email address, a green message should appear at the top of the next page confirming that your email is registered for partner discount.
Continue through delivery and payment steps. After you enter your card details, carry on to the next page where it will ask whether you would like to claim discount on the items you are purchasing.

As long as you have seen the green message, entering your card details before claiming discount is not an issue.
Worst comes to worse you can just cancel the order.

Hope this helps
I have an interview for Waitrose next week.

What is the dress code for partner interviews (i.e. shop floor partners)? I am planning to go in chinos and smart shirt. Should I dress in full suit and tie, with jacket?
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I have an interview for Waitrose next week.

What is the dress code for partner interviews (i.e. shop floor partners)? I am planning to go in chinos and smart shirt. Should I dress in full suit and tie, with jacket?

Smart shirt and smart black/grey trousers - chinos are too casual. Always try to approach interviews with the smartest appearance - you don't want the reason you didn't get the job to be because other people dressed better than you. There is never a 'too smart' for interviews. Dressing well shows a business that you are serious about wanting the job, regardless of what it is.
A tie is also a definite, while the jacket is optional - suits look smart with or without them.
Original post by fionaapaterson
Smart shirt and smart black/grey trousers - chinos are too casual. Always try to approach interviews with the smartest appearance - you don't want the reason you didn't get the job to be because other people dressed better than you. There is never a 'too smart' for interviews. Dressing well shows a business that you are serious about wanting the job, regardless of what it is.
A tie is also a definite, while the jacket is optional - suits look smart with or without them.

Thanks for the reply. I actually emailed them and asked what the dress code was, and they said "smart casual". I took this as being suit but without the jacket or tie.

So you reckon I should wear a tie then? :confused:
I am 15 and half way through my GCSEs, and i have decided that it is about time i got a part time job, is this possible at waitrose or do I need to be older?
-Emma
Original post by 11eleyfield
I am 15 and half way through my GCSEs, and i have decided that it is about time i got a part time job, is this possible at waitrose or do I need to be older?
-Emma

When are you turning 16 and do you have a national insurance number
Original post by 11eleyfield
-Emma

You can't work untill you have a NI Number, generally sent 3 weeks before your 16th birthday, this is the protocol at Tesco anyway (yeah that's right, part of the competition having a snoop :smile: )
Hey guys, I got locked out of partner link does anyone know how I can get back in? Is there a number I need to ring? If anyone knows can they PM me please. Thanks
Hi all, does anyone know how much you get paid in waitrose?
Original post by erincostellooo
Hi all, does anyone know how much you get paid in waitrose?

Pay is different for everybody but most is over £7 an hour
Reply 9275
Can someone explain to me how the pay increases work and how the different bands work? How many bands are there? How many different bands are there for Supermarket Assistants? If you work in London and/or a convenience store does it make a difference to your pay? How much should your pay go up by after you pass the 3 month probation period?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shaniah96
Pay is different for everybody but most is over £7 an hour

In the north (Liverpool area) it starts around £6.90 as the basic salary. After a year and a half working there, i've progressed slightly.

Waitrose operates on 'performance related pay', and so you get the opportunity yearly to increase your pay by a certain percentage by proving that you've met a plethora of partnership values.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Thanks for the reply. I actually emailed them and asked what the dress code was, and they said "smart casual". I took this as being suit but without the jacket or tie.

So you reckon I should wear a tie then? :confused:

Wearing one can't hurt, but make sure you're comfortable in what you're wearing. If you really don't want to wear one, then don't!
Bear in mind that all men wear ties as part of the uniform at Waitrose, even shopfloor assistants.
Original post by RFUR1
Can someone explain to me how the pay increases work and how the different bands work? How many bands are there? How many different bands are there for Supermarket Assistants? If you work in London and/or a convenience store does it make a difference to your pay? How much should your pay go up by after you pass the 3 month probation period?

I started on 6.60, and rose to 6.72 after 3months. Then during my yearly appraisal, i gained a rise to 6.92. I would consider the bonus as well, which usually consists of 10-20% of the yearly salary when considering wages.

There are 4 different pay brackets, which apply to partners. As it's performance related pay, it's simply a case of time in the partnership/performance during your yearly reviews that ensure your pay rise. Managers can expect an annual salary.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I work near Liverpool, but i expect the pay differs in London, as do most jobs.
Hi Does anyone know how much holiday roughly someone doing 7.5 hours a year gets as I am needing to look at uni open days and some are on saturdays when I am meant to work, I have a offer. I just wanted to check as three open days not declared on my form before and then a two week holiday on my form that said would allow as was before completed process