The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How long did the whole thing take?
Original post by Add!ction
How long did the whole thing take?

Maybe an hour and a half, the group bit was about 30/40 mins because they explained the process and then we had discussion time for maybe 20mins. Then I had to wait around until my solo interview which was probably 15-20 long
Original post by ellzjc
Maybe an hour and a half, the group bit was about 30/40 mins because they explained the process and then we had discussion time for maybe 20mins. Then I had to wait around until my solo interview which was probably 15-20 long

Oh that's ok! I was expecting hours haha. Not so nervous anymore, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I need help!! I've recently got a job at Waitrose and I am very excited, i start in 6 days on my induction however i have received no information on this so what time should i go and what do i wear??

Also I have been spammed by emails telling me i have notifications on Partnerlink, there is training on there but do i do this at home or at the induction??

Any help is much appreciated, please help me out!!
Original post by emma123emma
Hi everyone,

I need help!! I've recently got a job at Waitrose and I am very excited, i start in 6 days on my induction however i have received no information on this so what time should i go and what do i wear??

Also I have been spammed by emails telling me i have notifications on Partnerlink, there is training on there but do i do this at home or at the induction??

Any help is much appreciated, please help me out!!

Hi Emma!

Congrats on getting the job! You will need to telephone the branch to find out what time to arrive etc, and you could also ask about what to wear. Usually for an induction you need to wear something smart, some people even try to match what the Waitrose Uniform, although I'm not too sure if that's necessary myself.

You are under no obligation to do the training at home as obviously you won't be paid for doing so, however if you do it tends to reflect well on you as a person - plus you will be able to 'hit the ground running' so to speak. If you don't do the training at home then you are usually asked to do this on your induction.

Hope you enjoy working in the Partnership :biggrin:
Thank you so much that's all very useful!! Okay thank you, I started the training so I might just leave what I've done and finish it at induction, thanks again!
What sort of questions did everyone get asked in their interviews? Mine is tomorrow and I'm so nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aside from my passport, is there anything else I need to take with me?
Isn't the minimum contract 8 hours or something at Waitrose? Sorry to be annoying, but would you say it's better working there?

Minimum contractual hours is 5, which is annoying from my point of view.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my interview at 11 waaaaah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my interview at 11 waaaaah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go? :tongue:
Erm, I think the group thing went really well and we were all getting along and chatting while we were waiting around. I found the one on one interview quite hard so I'm not so sure about that. They had lots of vacancies though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone working/previously worked ever transferred from one store to another?

I am looking to transfer back home now I have finished Uni. To save looking for a job.

Does anyone know how I do this? and how easy/difficult is the process. cheers
Erm, I think the group thing went really well and we were all getting along and chatting while we were waiting around. I found the one on one interview quite hard so I'm not so sure about that. They had lots of vacancies though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good then. Lots of vacancies is always good to hear haha
Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but what does the induction consist of? My sainsburys one was two full days of 9-5, if it's like that then I need to find somewhere to stay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but what does the induction consist of? My sainsburys one was two full days of 9-5, if it's like that then I need to find somewhere to stay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's usually just a full day (8 hours or so) of watching videos, perhaps working on the tills and just generally getting used to the store, some inductions will include the online training as part of the day, but it depends on the store. If in doubt, it's probably a good idea that you call the store and ask them.

I think we can assume you got the job, so well done!:h:
Ah that's great, hopefully my uni halls might put my up for a night! You think I got it? I really hope so :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya, does anyone know if Waitrose hire 16 year olds? If so, what do they get them to do and how much do they get paid?

Thanks!
Original post by jess088
Hiya, does anyone know if Waitrose hire 16 year olds? If so, what do they get them to do and how much do they get paid?

Thanks!

Yeah they do and they pay everyone the same and everything
Reply 9359
Original post by Banksy_1
Anyone working/previously worked ever transferred from one store to another?

I am looking to transfer back home now I have finished Uni. To save looking for a job.

Does anyone know how I do this? and how easy/difficult is the process. cheers

I know one person who transferred over. I think you do it through PartnerLink but not sure how, I'd speak to a manager at the branch you currently work at.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest

Trending

Trending