The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
sunspoon
I'm seeing the Section Manager. I had the Personnel Manager take charge of the group interview last week though.

So have you had an interview with the personell manager already, I mean a 1 to 1 interview, if you are seeing the SM it means that personnel think you may be suited to the section of fresh foods, the section manager will walk you around the section and the bulk chillers etc, explain how the process works etc. They will ask you a few questions as well, it is now down to the SM on the section once personnel have seen you they can say yes or no depending on what they think of you!

Thanks
Lucy
Reply 81
Lucy King
So have you had an interview with the personell manager already, I mean a 1 to 1 interview, if you are seeing the SM it means that personnel think you may be suited to the section of fresh foods, the section manager will walk you around the section and the bulk chillers etc, explain how the process works etc. They will ask you a few questions as well, it is now down to the SM on the section once personnel have seen you they can say yes or no depending on what they think of you!

Thanks
Lucy

Yeah I had a one to one interview but all they did was go through the health questionnaire and the availability etc.... Although I did tick 'fresh foods' as first choice in the questionnaire they gave us, so that may have something to do with it. So basically I just have to be myself and not insult them?
As of today I officially HATE working for Waitrose.
Reply 83
S'plain yourself gurl.

I have to wait another week for my discount card, even though they gave me my 3-month pay rise last week. Fools. :frown:
Reply 84
Will they do a one to one interview after the group interview?
Reply 85
catalicious
As of today I officially HATE working for Waitrose.

erm why???
Reply 86
shenzys
Will they do a one to one interview after the group interview?

Yes if you pass the group interview, you will be invited back for a one to one interview, you may also see your potential Section Manager on this interview is him or her are available.
Reply 87
Well I had my second interview with the Assistant Section Manager because the SM was in a meeting :smile: I'v got a slight sniffle now because I was only wearing a shirt and tie in the chillers :s-smilie:
Reply 88
sunspoon
Well I had my second interview with the Assistant Section Manager because the SM was in a meeting :smile: I'v got a slight sniffle now because I was only wearing a shirt and tie in the chillers :s-smilie:

Shirt and Tie in the chiller, you must have meen frozen! The ASM will now speak to the SM and the SM will speak to personell, if they want you you will hear shortly.
Reply 89
Yeah it was pretty cool; I'm glad I didn't have to go into the Freezers because the ASM didn't want to get her suit wet.
Reply 90
Oh my gosh! Big shocker, I got through the group interview wahey! But now they have called me saying they are going to do a one to one phone interview eek! Can anyone help me please! What questions are they planning to ask? How else can I prepare for this part of the interview? I am really nervous because I am better face-to-face than on the phone!
Thanks in advance!
Reply 91
shenzys
Oh my gosh! Big shocker, I got through the group interview wahey! But now they have called me saying they are going to do a one to one phone interview eek! Can anyone help me please! What questions are they planning to ask? How else can I prepare for this part of the interview? I am really nervous because I am better face-to-face than on the phone!
Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, they will probably just have a chat to you, just read up about information on the partnership check out www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk and waitrose.co.uk for information, they will probs ask you why you want to work for the company etc..... what are the ethics etc. Good luck. If you want to know anything else, post on here or PM me.

Lucy
Reply 92
Ok, thanks I will let you know if I need any help. Thanks again.
Reply 93
Lucy King
Shirt and Tie in the chiller, you must have been frozen!

Meh. I do it every Saturday for sustained periods. Guess I'm just 'ard :yep:
Reply 94
Hi i Just had my group interview at waitrose and was called back fro a second one to one interview. I just wantd 2 know what kind of questions they'll be askin for this?? Help Please! Thanks:smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif
I've just been invited to a group interview at Waitrose :smile:
Could anyone tell me how many people generally get through the group interview stage?

Also.. how much do you get paid starting out (part time, supermarket assistant).
Reply 97
shootbangfire
Could anyone tell me how many people generally get through the group interview stage?

Also.. how much do you get paid starting out (part time, supermarket assistant).

2 out of 5 got through my group interview. The other 3 were all starting uni this year, so that's probably why.

Base wage starts at £5.23 for me, being under 18, and went up by 15p after 3 months :rolleyes:
My last day is tommorow, im soooo sad. Guys you'll love it at Waitrose once youve been there a while
Sam o0o
2 out of 5 got through my group interview. The other 3 were all starting uni this year, so that's probably why.

Base wage starts at £5.23 for me, being under 18, and went up by 15p after 3 months :rolleyes:

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm over 18, and will be starting uni in october, but hopefully i'll be able to work part time then.

Latest

Trending

Trending