The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
My branch is trying not to even hire people off to uni next year, so let's hope you're not applying there haha.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 101
Would they ever ask questions about how you would react in certain scenarios in the one to one interview?
Reply 102
Maybe, it depends on the section you're being interviewed for..

They will probably ask you what qualities you bring, and how that would benefit the company. They asked my friend that anyway.
Well, I got the job in Fresh Foods :smile:

Got my induction training thing next week - can't wait.
Reply 104
Wooop. *High five*
Reply 105
sunspoon
Well, I got the job in Fresh Foods :smile:

Got my induction training thing next week - can't wait.

God I remember induction training, endelss video's. multimedia cd's and paperwork. You will be sick of fire videos and customer service by the time that is finished, just don't get a question wrong!
Reply 106
shenzys
Would they ever ask questions about how you would react in certain scenarios in the one to one interview?

They may but it is unlikely that they will. Generally they will have set questions they will ask you.
Lucy King
God I remember induction training, endelss video's. multimedia cd's and paperwork. You will be sick of fire videos and customer service by the time that is finished, just don't get a question wrong!

What, they test you on fire safety and stuff?
Reply 108
sunspoon
What, they test you on fire safety and stuff?

Yes, you have to know what fire appliance you use for what type of fire, what to do, when to tackle etc.
Cool. I hope most of it's common sense though? Like you wouldn't use water fire extinguishers on electrical fires?
Reply 110
sunspoon
Cool. I hope most of it's common sense though? Like you wouldn't use water fire extinguishers on electrical fires?

Yes, you have like a graphic and 3 types of extinguishers and you have to match the type to the type of fire etc.

Most of the Multimedia is quite easy, just watch the videos!
Lucy King
Yes, you have like a graphic and 3 types of extinguishers and you have to match the type to the type of fire etc.

Most of the Multimedia is quite easy, just watch the videos!

OK thanks :smile: And also one last question; how willing are they to let you do overtime? My contracts around 10 hours a week...
Reply 112
sunspoon
OK thanks :smile: And also one last question; how willing are they to let you do overtime? My contracts around 10 hours a week...

Overtime is currently very short at my branch, due to the fact we are coming up to a major refurbishment and the current encomical conditions. However once you are trained on checkouts etc you will be able to get overtime for them etc. You must ask your section manager first if you want to do overtime for another section. You must always offer your services to your section first. If you do the overtime, make sure you write it down in your diary it will be down to your SM to make sure him or her puts it into Partnerlink.
Reply 113
Hi i just wanted to know what question they will ask you in your second interview? I'm just gettin nauseous thinkin bout it!! Thanks http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif
Reply 114
I signed up for 18 hours of overtime during August today, then realised that it's regular pay for overtime! Lucky that 8 of those hours is on a bank holiday monday ^^
Reply 115
Sam o0o
I signed up for 18 hours of overtime during August today, then realised that it's regular pay for overtime! Lucky that 8 of those hours is on a bank holiday monday ^^

Yes all overtime up to 39 hours is flat rate overtime, it is only Sundays and Bank Holidays that are time and a half.
Lucy King
just don't get a question wrong!

Sound advice there! You will have to watch a series of multimedia discs where you will be asked questions about health and safety and customer service, if you get a question wrong, you have to watch the whole thing again!

They are so tedious, but you get paid while you do it!
UltimateJ
Sound advice there! You will have to watch a series of multimedia discs where you will be asked questions about health and safety and customer service, if you get a question wrong, you have to watch the whole thing again!
They are so tedious, but you get paid while you do it!

So hang on, how long are these videos...? Are you allowed to make notes etc?
sunspoon
So hang on, how long are these videos...? Are you allowed to make notes etc?

Lol, they are only short clips about 3-4 mins long, then you answer multiple choice questions based on them (on the computer). If you get one wrong, you have to watch the clip again.
Reply 119
UltimateJ
Lol, they are only short clips about 3-4 mins long, then you answer multiple choice questions based on them (on the computer). If you get one wrong, you have to watch the clip again.

and again, and again, and again until all the answers are correct!

Latest

Trending

Trending