The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

answermaquestion
Waitrose in canary wharf said my application is on hold. How long do you think until I hear some news?
Had a group interview last week and checked my status after. It stated "your application is put on hold".
Any suggestions?

Application on hold can mean a number of things. Its mainly used between interviews while they are deciding post interview. If its still like this in 2 weeks, give them a ring
Reply 1961
answermaquestion
Waitrose in canary wharf said my application is on hold. How long do you think until I hear some news?
Had a group interview last week and checked my status after. It stated "your application is put on hold".
Any suggestions?

You are ony "supposed" to be hold for 3 months, but my branch has contacted people from just under a year ago.
[QUOTE=Leighthesim As for aprons with the black uniform, you are very lucky to have them, i want an apron and so does one of my friends - since she had a leaky thing of cream which went every where and the SM (whom was there at the time) told her to wipe her hand on her trousers, which meant she had to change her trousers to some about three sizes too big.

I work at a branch, which is wearing the old uniform, but I have no blouse, trousers, skirt, bodywarmer. All I have is a aprony thing, when I was working last night I was doing Juice and about 5 cartons of Cranberry juice leaked and went eveywhere, I was covered in it! As I only have one apron (due to the uniform issues) my ASM went and got a red apron from the office, it had all christmas stuff on it!

My mum asked why it was covered in red liquid, she pratically told me that I was going to continue to wear it after my uniform comes in! She was like it will be easier for me just to wash an apron instead of the whole uniform. I wasn't planning on doing that!
katerawlinson
As for aprons with the black uniform, you are very lucky to have them, i want an apron and so does one of my friends - since she had a leaky thing of cream which went every where and the SM (whom was there at the time) told her to wipe her hand on her trousers, which meant she had to change her trousers to some about three sizes too big.

I work at a branch, which is wearing the old uniform, but I have no blouse, trousers, skirt, bodywarmer. All I have is a aprony thing, when I was working last night I was doing Juice and about 5 cartons of Cranberry juice leaked and went eveywhere, I was covered in it! As I only have one apron (due to the uniform issues) my ASM went and got a red apron from the office, it had all christmas stuff on it!

My mum asked why it was covered in red liquid, she pratically told me that I was going to continue to wear it after my uniform comes in! She was like it will be easier for me just to wash an apron instead of the whole uniform. I wasn't planning on doing that!

i would continue to wear the apron TBH, because the body warmers are really hard to wash if you get stuff on them- had to wash the three month old cream off mine anyway, then spilt milk on it so had to wash it, but it took hours to dry in the tumble dryer, if i had an apron it would be easier, i also wouldn't have got yogurt, cream and soup down my skirt on several occasions.
Leighthesim
i would continue to wear the apron TBH, because the body warmers are really hard to wash if you get stuff on them- had to wash the three month old cream off mine anyway, then spilt milk on it so had to wash it, but it took hours to dry in the tumble dryer, if i had an apron it would be easier, i also wouldn't have got yogurt, cream and soup down my skirt on several occasions.

I just think it would be a bit odd a 17 year old girl wearing an apron when (and if) I get the full uniform. I do know what you mean, some peoples bodywarmers seem to be filthy. Do you not have an apron then, can't you get a spare if you want one?

Do you know if we have to wear the Christmas one's or are they optional?
katerawlinson
I just think it would be a bit odd a 17 year old girl wearing an apron when (and if) I get the full uniform. I do know what you mean, some peoples bodywarmers seem to be filthy. Do you not have an apron then, can't you get a spare if you want one?

Do you know if we have to wear the Christmas one's or are they optional?

I spose it would be a bit strange, but at christmas if everyone is wearing them then it would not look strange, i am going to wear one if i can but i am not sure if they are compusery, i am going to where one to a. keep clean, and b. live up to my strange, odd one out nature- my SM calls me crackers.
Leighthesim
I spose it would be a bit strange, but at christmas if everyone is wearing them then it would not look strange, i am going to wear one if i can but i am not sure if they are compusery, i am going to where one to a. keep clean, and b. live up to my strange, odd one out nature- my SM calls me crackers.

Ok, I know my ASM told me to keep it because I will be needing it in December. I just think it wired a young (ish) girl wearing a pinny. Would you wear one if you could? I suspect the Christmas one's could be compulosory this year because of the uniform issues/change.
Reply 1967
Leighthesim

I beleive they want people to wear these this year to protect uniform for as long as possible due to the supply issues and to keep clean and also to get used to working in an apron as you will have to wear one when the uniform changes.

We have at least 7 boxes of them so I suspect they will want them worn and not just gathering dust.
Lucy King
I beleive they want people to wear these this year to protect uniform for as long as possible due to the supply issues and to keep clean and also to get used to working in an apron as you will have to wear one when the uniform changes.

We have at least 7 boxes of them so I suspect they will want them worn and not just gathering dust.

I been told that our branch (black uniform) that these must be worn instead of the black apron. But I suppose it is different because we all have aprons anyway. So instead of the Waitrose "Branch Name" one's we will have the Christmas one's from 1st December.
so i have got a month before my SM hands me an Apron and tells me to wear it... thats alright then.

Does anyone else's SM try to wind them up??
He likes me i know cause he said so earlier, along with "your strange", but he really tries to wind me up sometimes, it gets slightly annoying, especially when he tells me i have to wrong cage and i know i have got the exact on he told me to bring up,
katerawlinson
Ok, I know my ASM told me to keep it because I will be needing it in December. I just think it wired a young (ish) girl wearing a pinny. Would you wear one if you could? I suspect the Christmas one's could be compulosory this year because of the uniform issues/change.

It looks that way then! I just think it looks a bit odd for a youngster to be wearing an apron when they have full uniform (at the moment I have to because I have no blouse/skirt). But I suppose at Christmas if everyone is wearing one it won't look that odd.
Leighthesim
so i have got a month before my SM hands me an Apron and tells me to wear it... thats alright then.

Does anyone else's SM try to wind them up??
He likes me i know cause he said so earlier, along with "your strange", but he really tries to wind me up sometimes, it gets slightly annoying, especially when he tells me i have to wrong cage and i know i have got the exact on he told me to bring up,

My SM winds me up all the time.

I beleive branches that have:

a< new uniform
b<intermim uniform

have to wear the Christmas aprons

c< branches with old uniform

they are strongly encouraged but not compulsory.
I love Christmas time at Waitrose :smile:
What's the pay for Night shifts (inside London).
answermaquestion
What's the pay for Night shifts (inside London).

Varies, depends on the branch... but what ever the standard pay is times by time and a half (i think) it's about £7 ph. i think
Had my induction today.
What is the likelihood of a Temp position turning into a Permanent.
I think my role is for the busy Christmas period...etc.
How likely is this "Christmas temp" to turn into a a permanent full time position?
If you are purely an Xmas Temp then not very.
Reply 1977
answermaquestion
Had my induction today.
How likely is this "Christmas temp" to turn into a a permanent full time position?

it is not very likely unless they have vacancies. No one now will leave between now and the end of January due to the bonus so it is not very likely.
answermaquestion
Had my induction today.

I was a three month temp over summer and they made my contract permanent, but if your just for xmas then when things calm down in January there may not be any shifts for you anymore- so you may not be kept, but if you make a good impression you may be able to get them to hire you again next year.
Different between summer and Xmas temps though.

Latest

Trending

Trending