The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
plagaan
whaa?? even if they overcharge you?

I understand tipping delivery man if he's late, as its not always his fault, but cabbies overcharging is directly the fault of the bastard driver.

I ask on the phone how much it'll cost. If they say 10, i take 11. If the cabbie says 10 at the end of the journey he'll get his tip, if he says 11 he'll get paid, but no tip. If he says anything more than 11 I'll tell him I've only got 8 and he can go F himself.

I wish I could do that. I know I should, but I just don't like to be a problem. :frown:
I only really tend to tip if it's too much bother getting the change. A couple of quid or less, I'll let it go.

Taxi drivers are usually nice to me though! :biggrin: I tipped the cab driver in Bristol last year because I was on my own for an open day (UWE), and had a ticket booked for a specific train to get home and didn't want to miss it! Also there was the fact that I'd never been to Bristol before, and didn't actually know *how* to get back to the station (...feeling quite lost), so I was extra grateful that he came along just as I was wondering how the heck I would get back... :biggrin:
I usually round up to the nearest £5. So if it was £17.50 I'd say "call it £20". If it was £15.50 or £16.50 I might have think about it.
Reply 23
I can't afford delivery pizzas nevermind tipping the deliverer.
Reply 24
I have once or twice but its usually a couple of pounds of change from a note, but usually no because they take twice as long as they say they are and the pizza is usually 10 degrees colder than it should be lol
I always tip, even if it's just 50p or £1. Pizza deliverers (at least the ones I know) are paid by the hour, but have to provide their own transport and petrol money. Without tips, they'd be earning pennies to do a pretty rough job. Not tipping is just cheap.

Usually I just let them keep the change from whatever notes I pay with.
Reply 26
it's not the same job, but when i collect and deliver a car and everything has gone smooth, i sometimes get a £2/£3 tip off some people, usually elderly people who insist i have it. the one day i got £10, £5 off 2 customers which i thought was nice. i think the one bloke felt sorry for me because i got to his house at like 6.30pm, when i'd set off from the service centre at 5.30pm, which meant i wouldn't get home until 7.30pm.

and as i'm only on minimum wage anyway, i really appreciate it when i get a tip.

but then again, a £10 pizza is a bit different to a £10,000 car :p:
Reply 27
I see a 50p tip as an investment in a warmer pizza next time round
Reply 28
Twisted Blood
That's my point really, I don't want to end up on some sort of driver black-list, where they put their balls on my order...

I thought that was a quality post half a year a go and I still do now...

Latest

Trending

Trending