The Student Room Group

German AS Dative Case

Can someone check over the use of the dative case in these answers for me please?

Das Buch gehört der Lehrerin.

Sag dem Schuldirektor doch bitte die Wahrheit.

Erzähl dem Kind ein Märchen.

Schick mal dem Manager deinen Lebenslauf.

Ich soll meiner Grossmutter endlich einmal schreiben.
Sag das der Kindern nicht.

Er gibt seinen Hunden zu viel zu fressen.

Schreiben wir den anderen über die guten Nachrichten!

Sollen wir alle den Schülern solche Sachen erlauben?

Gehört der neue Computer der Familie ?

Thanks, any help appreciated!
:smile:
Sag das DEN Kindern nicht - Plural (more than one child = den)

Schreiben wir den Anderen (Capital letter for all nouns! Anderen is an adjectival noun.)

Gehoert der neueR Computer - check the adjective endings

:biggrin:
Reply 2
Ah, I see. Thankyou for the help! :biggrin:
thelibertines
Ah, I see. Thankyou for the help! :biggrin:

No worries! Also, what do you want to say with: Sollen wir alle den Schülern solche Sachen erlauben?
Reply 4
Clarkey_Berlin
No worries! Also, what do you want to say with: Sollen wir alle den Schülern solche Sachen erlauben?

Erm I'm not sure! It was the sentence given to me in the workbook and I just had to insert the correct form of the dative in the "den Schülern" bit. Why, what does it mean? Something like "Should we allow all school pupils such things?" ?
lol :biggrin:

Well then, i don't think that the 'den' is needed.

I'd say: "Sollen wir jeden/allen Schülern solche Sachen erlauben?"

Hope this helps...
Reply 6
Clarkey_Berlin
lol :biggrin:

Well then, i don't think that the 'den' is needed.

I'd say: "Sollen wir jeden/allen Schülern solche Sachen erlauben?"

Hope this helps...

Hey Clarkey, I've applied to Hertford college Oxford for Modern Languages and English, but have been allocated St Catherine's as one of my two Allocated Colleges. See you at Interview, dare I suggest?! Most of your offers are unconditional; how so, if you don't mind me asking? Are you in your gar year? I'm not planning on taking a gap year, but am going to Berlin next July, as I want to see a bit of the north rather thatn the south of Germany for a bit before I start my course. Any wisdonly words about where to stay, where to go, what to say (idiom-wise) etc, I'd be interested to hear from you! Bis Dezember, vielleicht? Rach
Hey Rach! Yes I am in the middle of a gap year right now (which is why my offers are unconditional).

Berlin is an awesome city! You have chosen well! IMHO, Mitte is by far the best area in Berlin; it is dead-central, and right next to most of the main attractions (Reichstag etc). As well as this, it also boasts the best of Berlin's nightlife -- I'd recommend visits to the 'Tacheles' bar/club/cinema/art gallery, Tresor (if you like dance music), and the awesome area that is Hackesher Markt (literally a 10 min walk from Mitte). It's difficult to go wrong really!The City is open 24hrs (much like N.Y.), and there's always something to do. The 'Sony Center' (yes, spelt the American way!) is well worth a visit, as are 'Checkpoint Charlie' and the 'Topographie des Terrors' etc. I'm sure you'll have fun there... in fact, i may well be in Berlin as well in July, so maybe i could show you round? Not 100% sure if I'll be there, though.

Erm, idioms: http://german.about.com/library/blredew_intro.htm. This guy knows more of them than me!

Have you already been invited to interview? I have sent in my written work (q. recently) and am still waiting for an invite. Assuming i get one; see you in December! What sort of prep. work are you doing for the interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending