Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Being Muslim

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Helo everyone,

I have a question for the Chrisitan fellows. Why do you not consider Prophet Muhammed to be a prophet of GOD when it says in the Bible clearly that he is a prophet.

One more question to everyone, I am very open minded , I always like to improve my understanding. Why should I leave my religion. Just because of Big Bang theory ?

.A.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Helo everyone,

I have a question for the Chrisitan fellows. Why do you not consider Prophet Muhammed to be a prophet of GOD when it says in the Bible clearly that he is a prophet.

One more question to everyone, I am very open minded , I always like to improve my understanding. Why should I leave my religion. Just because of Big Bang theory ?

.A.
    Out of interest, are you a Muslim? Admittedly I haven't read the Bible, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that Muhammed is a prophet of God.

My understanding of how Judaism/Christianity/Islam interlink comes from one of my old RE teachers. He said that the Jews came first and wrote the Old Testament. The Christians believe the Old Testament and the New Testament of the Bible, but also that Jesus was the Son of God (which Jews don't believe). Apparently the Muslims are like the "third part" - you believe everything us Christians believe, but some additional things that we don't.

I don't really understand what you're asking in the last part of your question, but if you're asking why people can still be religious and believe in the Big Bang, it's because some feel God started the Big Bang that created the universe.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Helo everyone,

.A.
    LOL the bible that was written a couple of hundred years before the coming of Muhammed. It no where within says that Muhammed is a Christian prophet, nor gives him any mention at all. It also states that there will be no more prophets until the end of time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppety_Kid)
    Out of interest, are you a Muslim? Admittedly I haven't read the Bible, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that Muhammed is a prophet of God.

My understanding of how Judaism/Christianity/Islam interlink comes from one of my old RE teachers. He said that the Jews came first and wrote the Old Testament. The Christians believe the Old Testament and the New Testament of the Bible, but also that Jesus was the Son of God (which Jews don't believe). Apparently the Muslims are like the "third part" - you believe everything us Christians believe, but some additional things that we don't.

I don't really understand what you're asking in the last part of your question, but if you're asking why people can still be religious and believe in the Big Bang, it's because some feel God started the Big Bang that created the universe.

Watch after 5:00 (Regarding Muhammed in Bible)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhazm0UdlTc

Basically I always get told by people that I am really stupid for being very religious and wanting to do a Physics degree.

.A.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

Their idea is that because Christians got it so wrong God had to send another prophet. Seems strange they view God as being so stupid he needs to put another prophet down because he put him in the wrong place before... each to their own I guess.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Watch after 5:00 (Regarding Muhammed in Bible)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhazm0UdlTc

Basically I always get told by people that I am really stupid for being very religious and wanting to do a Physics degree.

.A.
    I'm a muslim physicist. Not totally relevant but thought I'd just drop that in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Their idea is that because Christians got it so wrong God had to send another prophet. Seems strange they view God as being so stupid he needs to put another prophet down because he put him in the wrong place before... each to their own I guess.
    No you are 100 percent incorrect. They believe Prophet Muhammed is the highest in rank amongst all the Prophets. They believe his soul was made even before the creation of Universe. Even before Adam was made. So if you are saying they believe Propeht Muhammed was sent down because Christians got it wrong. Then I would like to see the proof.

.A.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Helo everyone,

.A.
    christianity says that the earth was built by god in 7 days (and the chruch also said that the earth was flat and we are the center of the universe).

if the big bang created the universe the bible and crhistianity is wrong. Since it is proved wrong about such a fundamental foundation of the belief - it would be incredibly irrational* to believe in the other extraordinary things it claims, since its reliability had already been abolished. Either that or the followers would just claim that its a metaphore, as usual its not mean to be taken literally, again!! lol.

*well, even more irrational
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    No you are 100 percent incorrect. They believe Prophet Muhammed is the highest in rank amongst all the Prophets. They believe his soul was made even before the creation of Universe. Even before Adam was made. So if you are saying they believe Propeht Muhammed was sent down because Christians got it wrong. Then I would like to see the proof.

.A.
    So you think Jesus was a minor prophet and he is the highest prophet or what? Why was Jesus sent then? Why would the highest ranking prophet sleep with a 10 year old?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you think Jesus was a minor prophet and he is the highest prophet or what? Why was Jesus sent then? Why would the highest ranking prophet sleep with a 10 year old?
    Nah your wrong again. This is not what I THINK. This is what Muslims BELIEVE. There is a difference in believing and thinking.

By the way, you should always provide sufficient evidence for your arguments. That is not what you have done. I asked you to provide evidence for your argument. You said Prophet Muhammed was sent down because Christians got it wrong. I want evidence!!!!.

Then I will be very open to discuss everything with you.

.A.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Nah your wrong again. This is not what I THINK. This is what Muslims BELIEVE. There is a difference in believing and thinking.

By the way, you should always provide sufficient evidence for your arguments. That is not what you have done. I asked you to provide evidence for your argument. You said Prophet Muhammed was sent down because Christians got it wrong. I want evidence!!!!.

Then I will be very open to discuss everything with you.

.A.
    This is what i've been told, that Muhammed came to clear up Jesus' mistakes so to speak. Please enlighten me, why after Jesus was Muhammed needed? Why would God send down 2 prophets in direct contradiction to each other? For a laugh?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    my chem teacher would say that science makes him more secure within his religion and say 'Wow God did that...'
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where does it clearly say in the Bible that Mohammed is a prophet of God?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Wrong!. Islam is not a third party and we dont believe in everything jews/christians believe in. Good example they believe that jesus is God we simply see him as a messenger.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    my chem teacher would say that science makes him more secure within his religion and say 'Wow God did that...'
    Person X: I've recovered from meningitis.
    Person Y: Thank God!
    Person X: No, it was not God. It was penicillin.
    Person Y: Thank God for penicillin, then.
    Person X: No, that was Alexander Fleming.
    Person Y: Thank God for Alexander Fleming, then.

And etc etc etc. Some religious people just don't get it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what i've been told, that Muhammed came to clear up Jesus' mistakes so to speak. Please enlighten me, why after Jesus was Muhammed needed? Why would God send down 2 prophets in direct contradiction to each other? For a laugh?
    Ok so you were told. Someone told you something very wrong.

Lets get this right. Why was Prophet Muhammed needed after Jesus. So why was Jesus needed after Moses ? Or why was Moses needed before Gods own son (Jesus) ?

.A.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2026)

So let me get this right.... you think men should be able to adopt children and bugger in the streets til the cows come home, but when somebody believes in something you don't they deserve mocking? You really are a knob.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2026)

lol. I think the point of that logic is just to say that they're thankful that God eased the hardship they went through.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muslims believe In jesus as being a prophet...Ive never heard That chrisitinas believe Mohammed PBUH is a prophet=]
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Ok so you were told. Someone told you something very wrong.

Lets get this right. Why was Prophet Muhammed needed after Jesus. So why was Jesus needed after Moses ? Or why was Moses needed before Gods own son (Jesus) ?

.A.
    The end of the bible states that there will be no more prophets, that Jesus is the last. Similarly the old testament predicts the coming of Jesus. There is no where in the new testament that states there will be a third coming, at least until the end of time that is.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.