Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being Muslim

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    This is what i've been told, that Muhammed came to clear up Jesus' mistakes so to speak. Please enlighten me, why after Jesus was Muhammed needed? Why would God send down 2 prophets in direct contradiction to each other? For a laugh?
    To clear up the mistakes of Jesus' people, not Jesus' mistakes. There's a huge difference. (Using the term mistakes in a very general sense)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this right.... you think men should be able to adopt children and bugger in the streets til the cows come home, but when somebody believes in something you don't they deserve mocking? You really are a knob.
    There's nothing with mocking someones views. You do it all the time on this forum with your distasteful comments.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have two questions for the op:
    - Where in the bible does it mention Muhammed? I'm not an expert in the bible or anything and certainly couldn't quote it but I don't remember ever coming across it
    - Who exactly is asking you to leave your religion?!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    To clear up the mistakes of Jesus' people, not Jesus' mistakes. There's a huge difference. (Using the term mistakes in a very general sense)
    That's what I thought. Well if Christianity was going to do a better job over in the Persian Empire why didn't he plant Jesus there in the first place? Or better still not plant Jesus at all and just send Mohammed so that there would be no Christianity to contend with..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2026)
    Person X: I've recovered from meningitis.
    Person Y: Thank God!
    Person X: No, it was not God. It was penicillin.
    Person Y: Thank God for penicillin, then.
    Person X: No, that was Alexander Fleming.
    Person Y: Thank God for Alexander Fleming, then.

And etc etc etc. Some religious people just don't get it.
    hahahaha :p: continued: No that was down to Mr and Mrs Fleming in the bedroom :cool:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2026)
    There's nothing with mocking someones views. You do it all the time on this forum with your distasteful homophobia.
    I don't care about people mocking my belief in God, I care about you running riot everywhere stating that gays need this and gays need that, yet in the same breath you criticise people who do far more good than you ever will. I'm not homophobic, I hate camp people i'll admit, but I don't care what they get upto in their private time. I know a lot of bisexual people, they have to expand their interest area because 50% of the nation isn't big enough to find someone who likes them in. Girls won't have me so maybe boys will if I petition for their rights more LOL.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about people mocking my belief in God, I care about you running riot everywhere stating that gays need this and gays need that, yet in the same breath you criticise people who do far more good than you ever will.
    I can criticize whoever I want. It's none of your business.

I know a lot of bisexual people, they have to expand their interest area because 50% of the nation isn't big enough to find someone who likes them in. Girls won't have me so maybe boys will if I petition for their rights more LOL.
    No matter what lame comment you make to attack me, I will not judge you. Your mind is merely too simple to comprehend the complexity of human sexuality. You see the world in black and white, as oppose to the rest of us adults who see grey patches here and there.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought. Well if Christianity was going to do a better job over in the Persian Empire why didn't he plant Jesus there in the first place? Or better still not plant Jesus at all and just send Mohammed so that there would be no Christianity to contend with..
    I don't follow what you mean by bringing in the Persian Empire.

It's not a matter of contending with any religion. Different nations (read "peoples") get different prophets. Muhammad (pbuh) came 600 years or so after Jesus. Those people had Jesus as their prophet. The rest of mankind after Muhammad's message have Muhammad as their prophet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Jesus said the only way to heaven was through him. If God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient then logically there is no reason to send any more prophets.

At the time of Muhammad's birth (6th century AD) Christianity wasn't exactly in decline or stagnation anyway - it was rapidly expanding across the known world. Why would God want to send somebody else to stop it all?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2026)

No matter what lame comment you make to attack me, I will not judge you. Your mind is merely too simple to comprehend the complexity of human sexuality.
    You have no reason to criticise religious people who are by-and-large a positive force on this planet. The only reason you don't like them is because they disapprove of 50% of your sexual acts (well 50% of nothing is still nothing but still...). Oooo you're so complex, the inner workings of a bisexual just confuses the hell out of me, oooo. What a unique and interesting individual you are, you're so open minded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The end of the bible states that there will be no more prophets, that Jesus is the last. Similarly the old testament predicts the coming of Jesus. There is no where in the new testament that states there will be a third coming, at least until the end of time that is.
    Watch after 5:00 (Regarding Muhammed in Bible)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhazm0UdlTc

We all know that Bible has been changed over time. Its a fact. Quran is the book which has had no change what so ever (the Arabic content).

.A.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only reason you don't like them is because they disapprove of 50% of your sexual acts.
    Lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2026)

No matter what lame comment you make to attack me, I will not judge you. Your mind is merely too simple to comprehend the complexity of human sexuality. You see the world in black and white, as oppose to the rest of us adults who see grey patches here and there.
    To be fair mate, you're deviating from the topic of the thread - go start a debate somewhere else perhaps?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Nah your wrong again. This is not what I THINK. This is what Muslims BELIEVE. There is a difference in believing and thinking.

By the way, you should always provide sufficient evidence for your arguments. That is not what you have done. I asked you to provide evidence for your argument. You said Prophet Muhammed was sent down because Christians got it wrong. I want evidence!!!!.

Then I will be very open to discuss everything with you.

.A.
    Give me some evidence for the existence of your God then.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    To be fair mate, you're deviating from the topic of the thread - go start a debate somewhere else perhaps?
    To be fair, mate, I was not the one who deviate from the debate at first. I just responded to the OT by making clear to him that no one is forcing him to change his views. Then that dim-wit came along, and hijacked the whole thing.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Give me some evidence for the existence of your God then.

Sorry for butting in but.....

My strength in my religion is my evidence for the existence of God

my opinion to your Q=]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a muslim, firstly lets not fight. Islam is precieved to be a bad religion, when in fact is isnt, its islams followers who give it a bad name. God says that islam is a peaceful religion, so if you are muslim, follow what our prophet said, do not quarrel because god knows best.

Also do not mock each others religions, because in the quran for sure it does mention not to mock other religions even if you know its wrong, because once again god knows best.

Now onto the topic, mohammed was mentioned in the bible many times, in the new testimant less, but in the old testimant he was mentioned many many times.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Jesus is a big part of the muslim faith, he is referred to as Eesa in the quran. To you he passed away, to the muslims, he is in heaven awaiting the trumpet to be blown just before judgement day. A interesting fact for you, in the prophets mosque in madinah, there are four graves under the dome, 3 occupied by Mohammed PBUH, Abu Bakr and Umar. The fourth is left for Jesus, and he will be buried there!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Watch after 5:00 (Regarding Muhammed in Bible)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhazm0UdlTc

We all know that Bible has been changed over time. Its a fact. Quran is the book which has had no change what so ever (the Arabic content).

.A.
    How do you know that? Were you there watching it for the entire time? :confused:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    Jesus said the only way to heaven was through him. If God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient then logically there is no reason to send any more prophets.
    Well that depends on what one believes Jesus to have said.

At the time of Muhammad's birth (6th century AD) Christianity wasn't exactly in decline or stagnation anyway - it was rapidly expanding across the known world. Why would God want to send somebody else to stop it all?
    Fast-spreading doesn't necessarily mean a correct version was spreading. Jesus was sent to one group of people. Muhammad was sent for all of mankind after and including his time.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malsi101)
    Sorry for butting in but.....

My strength in my religion is my evidence for the existence of God

my opinion to your Q=]
    Well, my conviction in my views is evidence that my views are right. That's fine if someone doesn't need evidence to believe in God, it's faith etc etc but if one is going to argue that their views are right they're gonna need more than that for their arguments to be meaningful.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.