Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being Muslim

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who said leave your religion because of the big bang theory? Nobody tells anyone to leave their religion most people just argue all day about the same boring **** and come out of the debate the same way they went in. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with debating you learn a few things you didn't know but it's not what's happening here, somebody says something and the reply is 'no, blah blah blah' and so on. What are you trying to achieve? I'm not insulting anyone but this is exactly why i'm sick of theological and religious discussions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Helo everyone,

I have a question for the Chrisitan fellows. Why do you not consider Prophet Muhammed to be a prophet of GOD when it says in the Bible clearly that he is a prophet.

One more question to everyone, I am very open minded , I always like to improve my understanding. Why should I leave my religion. Just because of Big Bang theory ?

.A.
    I reckon Christians don't believe in Muhammed for the same reason Jews don't believe in Jesus.

You should leave your religion because it's getting more and more outdated (along with it's brother religions), as science is gaining more and more ground at its expense. it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes Muhammad, born 600 years after Jesus was clearly in the bible without any cryptic message.

"Then Jesus said "I'm a false prophet, the real guy will come about 570 years later in Saudi Arabia, ignore me"

- Corinthians 6:15

Sigh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    Muhammad was sent for all of mankind after and including his time.
    So you're saying being a Christian/Jew is inappropriate in modern times?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Well, my conviction in my views is evidence that my views are right. That's fine if someone doesn't need evidence to believe in God, it's faith etc etc but if one is going to argue that their views are right they're gonna need more than that for their arguments to be meaningful.

My faith is my evidence..I am not forcing my view down anyone else's throat and therefore dont need to provide you with 'more'.

I Just said that my strength in my faith is my evidence..as so for many other religious people too.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    religion grrrrrrrrr. sick em dawkins! btw OP have you not come across the great Abdus Salam in your studies?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malsi101)
    My faith is my evidence..I am not forcing my view down anyone else's throat and therefore dont need to provide you with 'more'.

I Just said that my strength in my faith is my evidence..as so for many other religious people too.

Yeah, but I wasn't actually talking to you, was I? My post was a response to someone who WAS trying to force their views down someone else's throat, so I don't know what your point is; I never claimed that YOU have to have evidence for your religion, I claimed the other guy does if he's going to go around parading his views as if they're fact and then demanding that others back up their views with evidence.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    I am saying that Muhammad's message is the final one for all of mankind. What do you mean by inappropriate?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Yeah, but I wasn't actually talking to you, was I? My post was a response to someone who WAS trying to force their views down someone else's throat, so I don't know what your point is; I never claimed that YOU have to have evidence for your religion, I claimed the other guy does if he's going to go around parading his views as if they're fact and then demanding that others back up their views with evidence.
    I know you wasnt talking to ME in particular but I saw your post asking for evidence and I just thought Id state how most religious people dont need eveidence as their faith is their evidence..thats all i wanted to say

Ill leave you to you and the other poor person's dispute!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Faith can't be evidence. The whole point of faith is that it is completely irrational.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    This is what i've been told, that Muhammed came to clear up Jesus' mistakes so to speak. Please enlighten me, why after Jesus was Muhammed needed? Why would God send down 2 prophets in direct contradiction to each other? For a laugh?
    Jesus made no mistakes and Muhammed pbuh wasnt sent down to rectifiy his mistakes. He was brought down to clear up the people's mistakes..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    Who said leave your religion because of the big bang theory? Nobody tells anyone to leave their religion most people just argue all day about the same boring **** and come out of the debate the same way they went in. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with debating you learn a few things you didn't know but it's not what's happening here, somebody says something and the reply is 'no, blah blah blah' and so on. What are you trying to achieve? I'm not insulting anyone but this is exactly why i'm sick of theological and religious discussions.
    I agree. What we need is a big ol theists vs antitheists war. A war to end all wars.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collingwood)
    Faith can't be evidence. The whole point of faith is that it is completely irrational.
    Irrational is completely the wrong word. Proof-less (as in the standard scientific proof) is more appropriate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am saying that Muhammad's message is the final one for all of mankind. What do you mean by inappropriate?
    In the sense that anything else is a waste of time
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A.)
    Helo everyone,

I have a question for the Chrisitan fellows. Why do you not consider Prophet Muhammed to be a prophet of GOD when it says in the Bible clearly that he is a prophet.

One more question to everyone, I am very open minded , I always like to improve my understanding. Why should I leave my religion. Just because of Big Bang theory ?

.A.
    I have not seen anywhere in the Quran that denies the Big Bang Theory. However, it is stated in the Quran that the universe is expanding.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk1lLz)
    I have not seen anywhere in the Quran that denies the Big Bang Theory. However, it is stated in the Quran that the universe is expanding.
    Please no more of this "the Quran predicts Newtonian physics" nonsense...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I mean, in your opinion/that of Muslims in general, should Christianity/Judaism no longer exist because you believe yourselves to be so much better?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Christianity has been 'proven' wrong by science so to speak (like when the Earth was created), unlike Islam. In fact, some of the new discoveries have already been stated in the quran. The quran has not been proven wrong once...have a look yourself.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I mean, in your opinion/that of Muslims in general, should Christianity/Judaism no longer exist because you believe yourselves to be so much better?
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    In the sense that anything else is a waste of time
    I'd say it's a waste of time only once they've heard the correct message that Muhammad came with.

(Original post by KwungSun)
    Please no more of this "the Quran predicts Newtonian physics" nonsense...
    lol. The expanding universe would require Einsteinian physics anyway...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk1lLz)
    Christianity has been 'proven' wrong by science so to speak (like when the Earth was created), unlike Islam. In fact, many of the new discoveries have already been stated in the quran. The quran has not been proven wrong once...have a look yourself.
    I know man. I taught myself advanced quantum mechanics from the Quran. I especially found the solved problems very useful. Five stars.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 31, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.