The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Gangsta Boogie
but does guessing really let you get an average of 600, or even higher such as scores of 700+?

obv try and guess as little as possible, but most people, including myslef who got 780, would find it impossible to answer them all without at least an element of guesswork, esp' on the verbal seciton...
Reply 21
I am looking for this specific info too...

how many marks roughy map 700 on the UKCAT??

So what percentage do we need (roughly) to achieve 700+?

70%, 80%, 90%?

Every year ought to be similiar. Does anyone have their results and can guess how many they got right?

I have no idea what marks to aim at and whether I am doing ok or to panic, anyone in this situation?
Gangsta Boogie
but does guessing really let you get an average of 600, or even higher such as scores of 700+?

Difficult to answer. But does leaving the ones you dont have time for, let you have an average of 600/700+ or let you get a higher average than if you would have put something?....probably not.
Its no point attempting to work out percentages really, as its completely down to the average results from other students if I recall correctly, thus it could change year on year. Just practice and do your best.

As for the whole guessing debate, try and answer as many questions as possible, but when you see the timer get to the end, guess every other question you have yet to answer. If you don't answer a question it gets marked as wrong, so you really have nothing to lose.

Latest

Trending

Trending