The Student Room Group

Manchester European Option

I've read about it on the prospectus, but I'm just wondering if anyone else can shed some light on stuff I don't understand. If you don't then no probs, I'll email them or wait for the open day.

1) Does anyone know roughly how many places there are on the scheme, and if there is a high demand for it?

2) Does the 16 week placement in Year 5 mean you don't have an elective?

I personally think it's a really good idea. More med schools should do it. Now I just need to go and learn French... :p:
Raquel//
I've read about it on the prospectus, but I'm just wondering if anyone else can shed some light on stuff I don't understand. If you don't then no probs, I'll email them or wait for the open day.

1) Does anyone know roughly how many places there are on the scheme, and if there is a high demand for it?

2) Does the 16 week placement in Year 5 mean you don't have an elective?

I personally think it's a really good idea. More med schools should do it. Now I just need to go and learn French... :p:

At the open day they said there isn't usually much competition, I think they said about 5% get rejected for it. You apply in the first year so will know early on if you can go or not, and if not they will help you arrange an exchange in somewhere like the US or Australia etc.

They mentioned something about it taking up one of your "choices" in year 5, not sure if they mean electives by that though.

Latest

Trending

Trending