The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

deianra
Cambridge Maths tutors complain of the AEA being too easy; AEAs are aimed at top 10%, STEP is something like 5% (well, some number <10 :redface: )

Anyhoo, papers can be found at http://www.mathsexams.tk/ if you want to take a look at them. :smile:

I just had a look at the last STEP paper on that site...made me laugh out of sheer terror for those applicants...I am SO GLAD I'm doing Law, and not maths!
This is the most amusing thread yet! A seemingly intelligent person getting worried over a result that won't even go on their ucas form!
london_bum
I just had a look at the last STEP paper on that site...made me laugh out of sheer terror for those applicants...I am SO GLAD I'm doing Law, and not maths!

I know! And I thought the BMAT was hard! The problem with maths is that people like myself can get A*'s in it without revising. I know plenty of people who are far better than myself in maths (I got 61 on the smc :frown:), but on paper they would seem to be at the same level.
They really should give Oxbridge applicants a hard exam in order to differentiate, as A'levels simply aren't hard enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending