The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I actually quite like A levels! with GCSEs I found there were too many and I just didn't care about most of them so mucked around, especially in science lessons. A Levels though we actually choose because we want to do them and I reckon actually liking a subject makes all the difference :smile:
Reply 41
A levels are good. Smaller classes so you can get more help from teachers and the group become more friendly because people are there not to piss about and be chavs. A levels > GCSE's.
i prefer A levels to GCSE. i've been able to choose my own subjects and i get to study them in depth unlike GCSE. I also love my college its a great atmosphere and so pretty hehe unlike my old secondry school hehe thank heavens they had no sixth form
I throughly enjoyed my A-levels.
vixky!
I agree! I really like A levels.

I wish you had more choices though, like if you could do 6 or 7 A levels. I just find it so hard to make decisions.

Same here.
They were overall enjoyable. I would have liked if they cut down the specification slightly and allowed you to take more subjects, something like 6 (exc GS, CT). I suppose I'd prefer a broader education, even though it would mean extending university by a year.
Reply 45
I like them in that they challenge me. Also the A2 courses look pretty good
Reply 46
I hated SATS KS3 [Made me cry]
I hated GCSE [Becoming numb]
I hated A-Levels [Numb]

:biggrin: Okay.
Reply 47
Hmm, I have mixed thoughts about them.

I suppose I like sixth-form in general; not having many lessons a week, not too much (if any) stress, and the other students there are alright.

But, coursework annoys me (I prefer exams), some of the teachers are, erm, *****, and around exam-time the workload can pile up and life becomes a bit tiresome and frustrating.

Overall though, they are pretty awesome. I work part-time and would much rather do a day in school than a day in work and having a part-time job does definatley make you appreciate school a bit more.
Surely you'd only hate them if you chose subjects that you hated? If you're studying something you like arn't you bound to like it, whatever qualification it is?
rufus_approved
Some people enjoy learning, Duh!

well that is completely ludicrous

but at the end of the day you need to learn otherwise we won't have the skills in life and just become wild apes!!!!!!!:wink:
I LOVED GCSE.
Alevels on the other hand are horrible.
Reply 51
I do find learning enjoyable, especially Psychology, Drama and English Language for the most part. It would certainly not be natural to enjoy learning all the time because most of us on here will be in full time education and like anything if you do it to death it sometimes gets tedious.

In relation to the question, yes I do enjoy A levels a lot more as it requires me to actually learn, GCSE's were incredibly easy and I like a challenge.

Only bad thing about being in A-level is that you can't (or I certainly can't) wait for University!
Reply 52
I am despising the IB. Wish I took A-levels. :cool:
I dislike my A Levels, although I do enjoy A Level Geography, but the others I don't really like.... however I think it's more the 6th form I'm at that I dislike, rather than the A Levels themselves.
Can't wait to start applying to university!
I like maths and further maths, but I dislike physics and computing. I find them rather boring, and for the latter two rote learning is a large component.
Reply 55
loved it:smile:
I definitely enjoyed A-levels more than GCSE. I enjoyed most of my subjects (well except for ICT) and I loved having classes of only 3 or 4 people. :smile:
I enjoy my A levels. I enjoy the subjects, I like the classes I'm in and I generally find it really interesting to learn.

The only part I don't like about them are the exams... :frown: but hey, can't have everything!
hmm. GCSEs are easier, so i guess i like tehm that way. but a-levels are more challenging and i prefer that. so i would say, yes.
Reply 59
I enjoyed GCSE's more because I didn't need to work, i enjoyed two of my Alevels (Maths and ICT) but my loathing for Geography made the last two years very painful.