The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I can't stand A levels. Then again I can't tell whether I don't like because I HATE my 6th form or i'd dislike them all the same if I was at a completely different college/ 6th form.
Reply 61
I have found my experience doing a-levels and being in sixth form way better then the GCSE days. A-levels allow you to focus on the subjects you like, at GCSE I found it annoying trying to cover 9 different subjects and it made my revision pretty uncoordinated.
Also since A-levels are optional it filters out some of the people who just pissed about during thier GCSE's and did no work, at A-level people are on the whole movtivated to take part in lessons and put the work in
Reply 62
I've only done GCSEs.
I loved them because of the amount of pissing about and not working I did. I think I'll like A levels more but in a totally different way because I'll enjoy learning as opposed to messing about lol.

it's tough love.

edit: LMAO @ the post above mine. Wow that's bad timing for me to post eh :biggrin:?
maths and fmaths were really good at A level, physics was so BORING!!!!
Loved Sociology, thought Biology and Maths were ok and hated Psychology.
Much preferred college to school though.
Reply 65
Some were enjoyable, some were not. I didn't enjoy them all a few weeks before exams.
I prefer A Level thank GCSE. You can pick the Subjects you enjoy. I actually Love doing my A Levels. I am only like a B Grade Student (But do get some A's in Modules) but I do get a KICK out of doing some exams! (I know its sad)
Reply 67
I like A-Levels, though feel sometimes they're not challenging enough (they don't stretch you enough).
vixky!
I agree! I really like A levels.

I wish you had more choices though, like if you could do 6 or 7 A levels. I just find it so hard to make decisions.

That's what IB's for I guess :teeth:
Reply 69
I like being able to leave the college grounds whenever you want and the more relaxed attitude that exists. And your only doing stuff you want to do. I like them.

Latest