The Student Room Group

Anti Chlorine Shampoo

I have quite long, thick hair and I've just started swimming quite often, once or twice a week and despite washing my hair after swimming, it's starting to get damaged by the chlorine (mostly going dry)

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for shampoo (or conditioner) specially designed to remove the chlorine (or protect it from the chlorine in the first place!).

I've had a quick google and found a few products here, here and here, but they're all a bit random and I'd prefer to get something tried and tested (and if possible cheapish) from Superdrug/boots etc.

Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
paul mitchell is reallyreally good. i didn't actually know there was an anti-chlorine one, but all his products are brill.
i have the same problems and i've got the boots own things but i havent used them yet.

i always use a leave-in conditioner spray straight after swimming (if i'm not washing my hair straight away - i tend to shower at home instead of at the gym) and use less shampoo and more conditioner.
Reply 2
Before you go swimming put some conditioner on your hair then put on a swim cap, this helps protect your hair from the chlorine, used to do it when I used to swim. :smile:
Reply 3
I recently bought Sainsburys own - £1.29 I think, and it worked really well. You'll want to use the conditioner too though.

The conditioner before tip does work a bit, shampooing hair lightly so it's clean before hand is also recommended.

There's also a range called Sun and Swim that works really well.

Latest