The Student Room Group

Abercrombie And Fitch

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tanya3907
oh no..its not an actual "model" thing..its like a sales assitant thingy..they just call it model wierdly

Oh ok then, see ya.

Sorry well I would love to work then when I saw this thread, my jaw dropped. I would do a lot of things to work in this store even if it is for a few weeks. Its like my fashion bible in a way. lol.
n_251
just to confirm the interview contains the 3 group questions and then filling in the form for your availability, etc. right? I get the feeling I may have left before it was over :frown:

lol ye - what mks u think u left before it was over?
wen did u av ur interview?
Reply 22
CCK_Party Queen
lol ye - what mks u think u left before it was over?
wen did u av ur interview?

lol phew...when I left, I saw no one come behind me maybe they were just being slow :smile:

it was yesterday btw
I have got an A&F intwrview in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any tips, What type of questions will be asked and how should I dress, I'm male btw, The interview is for a cashier position BUT I am not stunning looking like the people who seem to work there so do you think I have a chance of getting the job.

Thankss
They gona ask you what the best thing you can say about yourself is, 2. what is diversity( look for it on theirs website:smile:). 3 describe A&F style:smile: wear jeans, one of A&F t-shirt( shirt wud be better i think) or polo. Be confident and dont forget about smile:wink::P
alexandraaa
They gona ask you what the best thing you can say about yourself is, 2. what is diversity( look for it on theirs website:smile:). 3 describe A&F style:smile: wear jeans, one of A&F t-shirt( shirt wud be better i think) or polo. Be confident and dont forget about smile:wink::P

how long do they take to reply whether u got the job or not?
apparently they say 2 weeks, but i know someone who didnt find out till after 5 weeks
they called me 10 days after my interview
n_251
lol phew...when I left, I saw no one come behind me maybe they were just being slow :smile:

it was yesterday btw

hey have u had a reply back from your interview?
I had my just recently and i didnt know how long they take to let you know if your successful or not - did they mention anything in your interview?
Had the interview today and it went o.k. I ended up having to answer one of the questions first which seemed to be a major disadvantage.

Questions (paraphrased)

1. Define diversity and its importance.
2. Talk about a time when you strongly disagreed with a co-worker/manager/friend and how you dealt with the situation.
3. Talk about a moment when you worked without supervison, what went well etc.

These questions seemed to be pretty straight forward but i made the foolish mistake of being succinct in my responses whereas the other candidates took their time and worked them in such a way that they were relevant to abercrombie. Having read up a little bit on the abercrombie interviews, these questions felt a little out of the blue :/ . In terms of dress, i wore a hollister 'vintage' shirt, abercrombie jeans and adidas ultrastar 2's and I was ever so slightly shocked in how 4 out of the 8 people wore black (which abercrombie don't even sell.)

i highly doubt i'll get the call lol but it was interesting nonetheless. Urban outfitters interviews gave a chance for you to be far more individual seeing as they asked about 15 questions and it seemed more like a group conversation and far less awkward.
4XI Hockey God
Had the interview today and it went o.k. I ended up having to answer one of the questions first which seemed to be a major disadvantage.

Questions (paraphrased)

1. Define diversity and its importance.
2. Talk about a time when you strongly disagreed with a co-worker/manager/friend and how you dealt with the situation.
3. Talk about a moment when you worked without supervison, what went well etc.

These questions seemed to be pretty straight forward but i made the foolish mistake of being succinct in my responses whereas the other candidates took their time and worked them in such a way that they were relevant to abercrombie. Having read up a little bit on the abercrombie interviews, these questions felt a little out of the blue :/ . In terms of dress, i wore a hollister 'vintage' shirt, abercrombie jeans and adidas ultrastar 2's and I was ever so slightly shocked in how 4 out of the 8 people wore black (which abercrombie don't even sell.)

i highly doubt i'll get the call lol but it was interesting nonetheless. Urban outfitters interviews gave a chance for you to be far more individual seeing as they asked about 15 questions and it seemed more like a group conversation and far less awkward.

btw what role did u apply for though - model? impact?
ther was only 4 in my interview and i only got the same first Q as u
'Impact' seeing as i thought this would give me a better chance of getting the job... but if i were to re-apply, i think i'd have a go for model seeing as my previous job experience would certainly help me get to visual as well as the fact i'm 6ft 2 with 'swimmer tone etc.'

but i took the stance that with impact you are more likely to get more hours initially whereas models may be stuck with 5 hours a week.

good luck!
Reply 31
CCK_Party Queen
hey have u had a reply back from your interview?
I had my just recently and i didnt know how long they take to let you know if your successful or not - did they mention anything in your interview?

no I was thinking of giving them a call or something because I haven't heard back yet :frown:

they said they'd reply in around 2 weeks, so it's been a little bit over that period and I have to say my chances aren't looking too great
n_251
no I was thinking of giving them a call or something because I haven't heard back yet :frown:

they said they'd reply in around 2 weeks, so it's been a little bit over that period and I have to say my chances aren't looking too great

surely there's no harm in phoning them up, at worst the answer is no and then you can move on and focus on other applications etc.

I heard from a friend who's sister works there that it took her 5 weeks to get the call as they were waiting for a vacancy.
Reply 33
4XI Hockey God
surely there's no harm in phoning them up, at worst the answer is no and then you can move on and focus on other applications etc.

I heard from a friend who's sister works there that it took her 5 weeks to get the call as they were waiting for a vacancy.

yh will call them tomorrow...the 5 weeks thing makes me feel slightly better though :smile:
n_251
yh will call them tomorrow...the 5 weeks thing makes me feel slightly better though :smile:

did u give them a call?
i might wait a bit longer lol

what did u say over the phone?
Reply 35
CCK_Party Queen
did u give them a call?
i might wait a bit longer lol

what did u say over the phone?

well I e-mailed them and they replied saying if you haven't heard within two weeks, it means you are probably unsuccesful. then they gave me some crap about how I can re-apply for another position or wait 3 months if I want to re-apply for the same position.
n_251
well I e-mailed them and they replied saying if you haven't heard within two weeks, it means you are probably unsuccesful. then they gave me some crap about how I can re-apply for another position or wait 3 months if I want to re-apply for the same position.

o noooo whats your next plan?
wel ive been away so i wouldnt know whether they rang me or not so i dont know whether to bother contacting them
they'll probs say the same thing lol
Reply 37
CCK_Party Queen
o noooo whats your next plan?
wel ive been away so i wouldnt know whether they rang me or not so i dont know whether to bother contacting them
they'll probs say the same thing lol

my next plan is to let it go, as I can't re-apply for at least 3 months, by which time I'll hopefully have found myself another job :smile:
Reply 38
I have an interview but i dont own any A&F clothes. It is smart/casual that i should wear? Not too sure
To be perfectly honest with you guys, working at A&F isn't that good. I actually really don't like it. At least 95% of my colleagues are there because they have to pay their way through uni or some other financial reason, not because they actually enjoy it. I'm the same.
The CD on loop drives you crazy and for the work you do, the pay isnt that good either.
If you wanna go for it, go for it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending