Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Abercrombie And Fitch

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please HELP this is quiet important to me! I have had an interview for hollisters ( stratford new shoopin center) london on saturday the 6-09-11 , and I have had an interview for abercombrie &fitch ( mayfair, oxford circus) london, on the 9-09-09. I haven't herd from any of them yet. But both interviews went really well to my opinion. Also do you guys think that they hire black poeple? I am a model , black(chocolate skin) not too skinny and pretty. I am going to attach a picture to this but please let me know of what du think. ( Okay I dnt know how to attach a picture) but add me on facebook. MAritza aslan. (Inbox me before please)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hate brands, but got offered an interview on the day i was wandering around in there (defffinitely not to buy haha) but went along for the 'might as well' purpose and got the job. I was wearing skinny jeans, low cut shirt and had my ear stretcher in and still got the job so it doesn't matter what you're wearing! But everyone's right about the questions asked and just be confident and easy to talk to
    Yes... i work there hahaha but just for the money (and obviously everones hot as well...) I still persisit to not wear brands, although as 'model' i have to in-store...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is the minimum age to get a job there and what size clothes can you be because I'm quite curvy, I have strong legs and when I went there, there was a lot of really skinny girls wearing short skirts and it left me feeling a little bit down, would I not get the job If I'm not like them ?
    Thanks!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you know where is the interview for A&F London ?
    In the same Building than the shop ?
    Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    To the bemused people, they call a sales assistant a model because it means they can legally hire based on looks, build, general attractiveness etc.

If you're working for them, you're going to be hot. Generally speaking you'll be tanned. Hair will be natural. There's a uniform of jeans (ultra skinny) or shorts with tank tops, tshirts, shirts, shoes are strictly flip flops MAYBE converse sometimes. You're supposed to look like you just walked off the beach. Natural make up and hair, no fake tan, no nail polish, etc. I've never seen a girl working there who is above about a size 10, guys are told to wear their shirts a size smaller than normal.

As for the interview, it's always seemed to me to be a joke of an interview, it's really just to judge your looks and see if you fit with the brand.

Having said all that, I don't see how it's really different from any other retail based minimum wage job, and I think people who diss it are stupid - you still have a job and are being paid. a part time job for most students is going to be something like this.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.