The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks Mike, I'll check them out.
Original post by Welkom

Me and my bro cycled from Gloucester to Cheltenham and back, we cycled around cheltenham city centre it was great fun. takes longgg to cycle there trust I was thirsty as hell all he bought was apple juice we had to share naah its not good to forget money u feel me
Original post by Welkom

I had the 500SE as my first road bike did a good few hundred miles on it, really good first road bike!

definitely recommend it!
The tour of Britain rode through Ilkeston/Nottingham earlier, was weird seeing/recognising the roads on TV!
fell off my bike today and im so pissed. my handlebar and gear levers are ****ed. i want to cry so badly. does anyone know if wiggle warranty will cover it.
Original post by Basiji
fell off my bike today and im so pissed. my handlebar and gear levers are ****ed. i want to cry so badly. does anyone know if wiggle warranty will cover it.

your bike warranty wont cover a fall I wouldn't have thought, insurance often includes accidental damage
Original post by TooEasy123
The tour of Britain rode through Ilkeston/Nottingham earlier, was weird seeing/recognising the roads on TV!

they rode through my uni town yesterday :biggrin:
Original post by doodle_333
your bike warranty wont cover a fall I wouldn't have thought, insurance often includes accidental damage

yea i thought so. thanks
How often do you guys clean your bike chain (e.g. degrease and then lube)
Original post by James A

Whenever it gets black for sure, but otherwise when it's looking dirty or excessive noise coming from the drivetrain.
Original post by James A

Haven't done that for a good 3-4 years now!

Spoiler

Original post by James A

not as often as I should probably... probably every few weeks in winter, not very often during summer as I'll generally just go out tomorrow if it's raining - usually just when I notice it's starting to make some noise
Pouring with rain down here in London. Apparently for the next week.

Really want to go for a ride but don't want to take my bike out as I just cleaned it to take to uni!

ffs!

Thinking of getting the cheapest and lightest road bike to ride in crappy weather. :holmes:
Original post by Basiji
Pouring with rain down here in London. Apparently for the next week.

Really want to go for a ride but don't want to take my bike out as I just cleaned it to take to uni!

ffs!

Thinking of getting the cheapest and lightest road bike to ride in crappy weather. :holmes:

...A winter bike?
Original post by BaronK
...A winter bike?

Yes!

I currently have a hybrid bike with hydraulic disc brakes and 23mm tyres. But it feels very sluggish so I hardly ride it. Thinking of getting some road handlebars and road gear levers but I don't know if it will work. hmmm.
Dunno whether anyone watched the Tour of Britain but it came though my neck of the woods last Friday. Didn't get to see Cavendish though for certain reasons :tongue:

[video="youtube;ihqgN6oTzoU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqgN6oTzoU[/video]

That's at the top of Gun Hill which I cycle a lot. :biggrin: Should have watched from there :tongue:.

I like how in professional cycling everyone just ignores injured riders.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Dunno whether anyone watched the Tour of Britain but it came though my neck of the woods last Friday. Didn't get to see Cavendish though for certain reasons :tongue:

[video="youtube;ihqgN6oTzoU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqgN6oTzoU[/video]

That's at the top of Gun Hill which I cycle a lot. :biggrin: Should have watched from there :tongue:.

I like how in professional cycling everyone just ignores injured riders.

Saw it in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cyclist problems.

Been wearing shorts all summer so it hasn't been a problem but I've also done enough cycling that my legs have got bigger. I have very few trousers that don't need replacing so I knew I'd have to replace a bunch this year. So I was just doing some washing and only had some trousers left while I washed my clothes and had to wear my trousers. Well, I don't think I really need to say it but the trousers were tight on my entire legs. I don't think they were a regular cut, but definitely not skinny either so it looks like its going to be even harder this year to find trousers that fit and that's before I even consider whether I'll need space to grow into. I'm really at a loss to how I'm going to manage to find trousers that fit.
Original post by SeanFM
Hey, would you mind if I asked which route you cycle to the university on? I fear that Bathwick Hill is too steep to cycle up,

The way I cycle to university.... hahahahahah, I use the bus!
Original post by alexs2602
Cyclist problems.

Been wearing shorts all summer so it hasn't been a problem but I've also done enough cycling that my legs have got bigger. I have very few trousers that don't need replacing so I knew I'd have to replace a bunch this year. So I was just doing some washing and only had some trousers left while I washed my clothes and had to wear my trousers. Well, I don't think I really need to say it but the trousers were tight on my entire legs. I don't think they were a regular cut, but definitely not skinny either so it looks like its going to be even harder this year to find trousers that fit and that's before I even consider whether I'll need space to grow into. I'm really at a loss to how I'm going to manage to find trousers that fit.

Might the Howies trousers fit? I think Ted Baker are now also doing 'cycling' street clothes now which might be cut to fit cyclist legs.

Latest