The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mollymustard
This thread makes me wish I'd picked a more 'male' subject just so I could be in a class full of males!
I'm doing English and History, and I bet theres a lack of good looking guys :frown:

The ratio may be "better" in engineering, but that doesn't mean they're good looking... (First hand empirical evidence here isn't encouraging :s-smilie:)
Reply 21
people that say "first hand impirical evidence here isnt encouraging" cannot be good looking
bean87
it was one of the main factors i chose medicine as first choice, so i'll be extra gutted if i end up doing engineering. talk about sausage fest

Great career choice there...

In your future:

"So why did you decide to study medicine?"

Reply: "For the women"

You will get eaten alive.
Reply 23
yeah thats how im going to open my interview
Reply 24
bean87
yeah thats how im going to open my interview

good luck then :rolleyes:
Reply 25
cheers

in the words of dr cox. chicks, money, power and chicks
bean87
cheers

in the words of dr cox. chicks, money, power and chicks

You will be broke before you're 40.
Reply 27
you know alot

im gonna be eaten alive and then be broke before im 40

COOL
bean87
you know alot

im gonna be eaten alive and then be broke before im 40

COOL

That is generally why they call med god.
bean87
people that say "first hand impirical evidence here isnt encouraging" cannot be good looking

Precisely, you're quick.
Reply 30
I went to the civil engineering interviews at 4 unis, i saw like 2 girls, saying hat i saw like one girl at every one of my interviews. I was shocked, a load of geeky men and one girl. Then again if i saw 20 girls doing civil engineering, I would be a happy man!
Reply 31
in biomedical engineering it's usually almost 1:1
Reply 32
i think i would enjoy biomed engineering more than any other type of engineering, but the prospects and salary are nothing compared to chemical. so i think i'll stick to a class of men, and enjoy the manlove
Reply 33
don't worry, the ratio of girls:boys in engineering is very high in the complex plane.
Reply 34
engineering is an absolute sausagefest, but as long as you live in halls for your fisrt year you wont struggle to meet girls. Im doing civil and its pretty much all guys, but its great banter in lectures and we go on regular nights out together, unlike most of my friends doing other more equally balanced subjects

Latest