Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

VBA Excel practice

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a book on VBA excel for beginners, it's a very good book and goes through many of the basics of VBA programming in excel, but what I really want is some structured problems (with solutions) for VBA Excel, so that I can actually practice writing the code, obviously reading a book that tells you what different commands do is only so good, you need to actually do it. Online tutorials welcome, a quick google and amazon search didn't bring up anything that seemed useful.

Any help much appreciated.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barny)
    I've just bought a book on VBA excel for beginners, it's a very good book and goes through many of the basics of VBA programming in excel, but what I really want is some structured problems (with solutions) for VBA Excel, so that I can actually practice writing the code, obviously reading a book that tells you what different commands do is only so good, you need to actually do it. Online tutorials welcome, a quick google and amazon search didn't bring up anything that seemed useful.

Any help much appreciated.
    Hey there, I too want to learn VBA skills etc to prep me up for IB, which book did you buy? I bought Excel 2007 Bible and i think its quite good so far.

Cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This guy seems to have some tutorials with solutions. He gets more advanced here (MC, BS pricing etc). [Not checked his code for quality.]

There is also a bunch of pre-written code at QuantCode.

Other than that I can only suggest coding stuff out of a mathematical finance book and checking the computed answers against the solutions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I wasn't really wanting it for Mathematical Finance but those examples are useful none the less, anyone know of anything similar?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2008
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.